Summer Mercato 2016
(07-16-2016, 08:09 PM)nefremo Wrote: I think Romagnoli needs an explosive, fast, physical CB next to him. Rugani is kind of the opposite of that and very similar to Romagnoli. I'm not saying it won't work, but I definitely think we should be aiming for a different kind. In that aspect, it makes a lot of sense as to why we are after Musacchio. He fits the bill.

Having said all of that, you can't really say NO to the possibility of having the 2 most promising Italian CBs today...so I wouldn't complain if we got Rugani.

I know where you're coming from, but I think Rugani and Romagnoli can grow well together. Both have a good reading of the game, if they lack certain physical qualities, they should be feasibly able to make up for it tactically. I think both are physically very capable tbh, Romagnoli especially, let's not forget they will still develop physically still too. In terms of pace, I don't think either is slow, although they don't have great acceleration.

On Musacchio, I've watched a little of him since he's been linked and while he seems quick and technically gifted, I do have some concerns about his positioning and moreso what appeared to be some vulnerability when faced off 1 on 1. I hope I'm wrong and I'll trust he's as good as people say as I don't feel confident making a judgement, but I must say these things stood out for me.
The sale is not happening then, I guess? there is no way someone spends close to 1 billion and then continues more or less like previous years. If they do that way they will lose their 1 billion in may be 8 years, 10 at most. We must not forget a cheap Milan will be losing money, a new owner won't change that in fact it will be worse if stock markets are involved, Milan will become a penny stock or something close, without Galliani at best some money will be saved in agent fees, that's it.
The problem has always been galiani. I dont know how he could keep his job after 5 years in a row making the same mistake over and over again.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Vazquez off to Sevilla. Bacca is more likely to leave than stay, he wants CL football and some spanish teams are still insterested in him. Even if he wanted to stay, we would have to sell him in order to buy a player, as he's the only one that could fetch€25-30M at least.
Well now it looks more than just Galliani, we passed mid July and there is talk of no money. No money right now is not really Galliani's fault, frankly it never was. It's fine to criticize Galliani for all his mistakes and agent fees etc but Berlusconi personally is worth 7 billion, actually his net worth and Fininvest have both increased in last few years even after they lost the big court battle it didn't slow it much.
So Barcelona is now going after Boufal who is apparently available for about 20mil. He is one of the most exciting players in France and is completely ready for the step up from Lille. These are the type of players that we should be after...instead, we are looking for ways to blow money down the drain on the likes of Pavoletti. Now, it's too late. Every time a Barca, Juve, Real, etc, enter the equation, we are done for. We need to go after these players early.

Reza, blowing ridiculous money on agents is part of the reason why we "had no money". Berlusconi is just as much to blame, yes, but Galliani IS the number 1 problem. He works without a plan, and let's not even talk about having a reliable scouting system to fall back on. It's pointless talking about this clown. We should have our targets identified by March/April. Instead, it's July and we are still running around like a bunch of amateurs.
Boufal would turn Milan down.Milan are no longer a club where players get excited about and want to join.Sure some will join but of what level.At best we can sign good players that flopped or guys like Musacchio who are ridiculously injury prone.No point in wasting time on Boufal when we know what his answer would be
I don't agree. Maybe he'll turn us down now, when Barcelona and others are lurking around. But if we had a great system in place where we identify these players early enough....than he wouldn't turn us down. Imagine we went to Lille in March and closed the deal than. You are telling me he would have turned us down? I don't buy that for one second. My problem is precisely in the way we do business. We do business LIKE we are a still a huge team, when in fact, like you said, we are not. So we need to move in early and decisively. We can't do what the big teams do....meaning we can't just waltz into negotiations mid-July or August and expect these players (who by than have other big clubs on them as well) to just drop everything and run to Milan. Those days are gone.

Here is a link to people that want to watch Coric and Pjaca in action. Dinamo is playing in the HNL right now.
http://live2all.me/football/1611695/...a-zagreb-live/
(07-17-2016, 06:15 PM)nefremo Wrote: I don't agree. Maybe he'll turn us down now, when Barcelona and others are lurking around. But if we had a great system in place where we identify these players early enough....than he wouldn't turn us down. Imagine we went to Lille in March and closed the deal than. You are telling me he would have turned us down? I don't buy that for one second. My problem is precisely in the way we do business. We do business LIKE we are a still a huge team, when in fact, like you said, we are not. So we need to move in early and decisively. We can't do what the big teams do....meaning we can't just waltz into negotiations mid-July or August and expect these players (who by than have other big clubs on them as well) to just drop everything and run to Milan. Those days are gone.

Here is a link to people that want to watch Coric and Pjaca in action. Dinamo is playing in the HNL right now.
http://live2all.me/football/1611695/...a-zagreb-live/

Thus current Milan.Yes , Im saying we'd be turned down as they have agents advisors and brains.At best we'd be entertained and strung along incase an EPL team or Real Barca Atletico Dortmund Bayern Valencia Roma Napoli Juve etc... didnt come calling ,and I dont blame them.Milan is a nothing club now , a joke and not relevent.The past while great matters for fup all in 2016 when it comes to players choosing where to play.While Im glad we didnt get Knodogbia or Martinez now... from  them to Ibra last summer and Ancelotti to the bigger reason why Pjaca would choose Juve when hed be a guaranteed starter here is that Milan is seen by these guys as a mess of a club with absolutely zero sign of it changing.
I agree with nefremo in that our scouting needs to be better to pick up guys like Boufal sooner, hell, we probably should have picked up Pjaca last summer instead of spending 8m on Luiz Adriano who was due to be free a few months later anyway. We knew we were looking at him, as his agent pretty much offered him to us. Our scouting does suck and has done for ages, either that or their work is simply ignored, but in our situation, we need to have a top scouting system being utilised.

My view is we should build from within Italy first. Look at those doing well in the Italian leagues and look to build from there. I think the thing is a lot of players playing in Italy have a desire to play there and Milan's name will have a big appeal there. There isn't a shortage of quality in Italy, it's about finding the right players for projects. In that sense, I'm glad that we're chasing Zielinski, as I think he's a very good player with a bright future. He's been in Italy for around 5-6 years now, probably assimilated into Italian football and culture and probably has a respect for Italian football a lot of players abroad might not. I find it really strange that Fernando's not been looked at more closely, as he's set to go to Russia for more money yet apparently had a preference to play in the Italian league for less. Another one who has succeeded in Italy and probably enjoys playing in the Italian game.

The one I don't understand, and honestly am praying Galliani's got a surprise hit for us on when money comes in (hopefully), is Berardi. This guy's got the perfect profile to come to Milan and be a major success. Proven in Italy for a few years now, his role is one we need to reinforce, he's shown all the attributes to be a star for Italy in the future and honestly I fancy our chances on him, seeing as he pretty much said no to Juve and at this point there's no auction doing the rounds for him. It's a long shot, but I really, really hope Galliani is working in the shadows for the guy in looking to secure him as soon as the sale is signed. God knows I'm sick of facing him.

I don't make this point with reason. Building in this way not only helps us target players with greater chance of success and potential loyalty, but it's been proven to be a success for Italy's best two sides. Napoli for example have built a lot of their spine from players coming in from Italian clubs. Insigne's homegrown, Hysaj from Empoli (I think), Hamsik from Brescia, Jorginho from Verona and Allan from Udinese.

Juve are an even better example, as something like two thirds of their squad is pretty much built from players from Italian clubs. It's also something Bayern do in Germany (or have done until recently), they target the best in Germany before looking elsewhere.