Summer Mercato 2016
The way it's going the Chinese will arrive but spend less than Berlusconi would.
Latest seems to be Bacca could be Higuain's replacement at Napoli and would be open to a move there. The offer seems to be 20m+El Kaddouri, but Milan will stand firm and demand 30m.

If the rumours are true about what money (or rather lack of) we're looking at getting this summer, I'm actually for selling Bacca and I wouldn't even bother replacing him. We already have Niang, Luiz Adriano and Lapadula as the attackers in what is almost certainly set to be a one striker system. None of these guarantee scoring goals in the way Bacca does, but all of them have the ability and potential to do something of value. All of them in theory also fit Montella's ideas better too, as they offer a more complete game than Bacca.

Instead, we should work with a limited budget to completely focus on the midfield. I'm beating the same drum that pretty much everyone is over and over, but with the midfield we have we're getting no where. I've spoken how we're generally covered in the attack and our defence is acceptable for the most part, we have a quality keeper with young backups (Plizzari is meant to be excellent), fullbacks that are good and Romagnoli's an excellent CB. Paletta and Zapata aren't world beaters but they can be sufficient. If possible, I'd even try to go for Rugani on a loan with option or obligation. Juve are overloaded for defenders right now, so I can definitely see Rugani asking to leave. Alternatively we go for a freebie like Cacares. The wide areas aren't too bad either. With Bonaventura, Suso, Honda and possibly even Niang if needed, we have adequate cover.

The problem is the centre of midfield. I suspect we'll end up playing 4-3-3, but at this point no player offers anywhere near the guarantees we'll need. Montolivo mixes good games with horrible ones. Bertolacci has been terrible since joining and offers zero guarantees. Kucka I honestly think will struggle in Montella's game. Poli is Poli. Locatelli's a kid with prospects, but can't be relied on. Mauri is solid but isn't going to do anything without better players around him. Note that I only mention 6 names in our midfield, we need around 7-8. That means I don't think we can really afford to let Mauri and/or Locatelli go out on loan right now. Hell, we probably can't even afford to let Poli leave. 

The squad is horrendously unbalanced right now, we need to replace one CB (Vergara), need to get rid of one fullback (one of Calabria or Vangioni) and need to get rid of 2 forwards (Menez and Matri). Bonaventura and Honda (both listed as midfielders on the official site) can then be named as attackers as they are and we would have at least a balanced squad, something like this:

GK: Donnarumma, Gabriel, Plizzari
DF: Abate, Antonelli, Calabria/Vangioni, DES, Romagnoli, Paletta, Zapata, Ely, New CB
MF: Montolivo, Poli, Locatelli, Mauri, Kucka, Bertolacci, New MF, New MF
AT: Honda, Suso, Niang, Bonaventura, Lapadula, L.Adriano, New AT (ideally one that can play wide)

At the very least, I think the mercato needs this. It might seem disappointing to see us keeping people like Poli, but if we are working on a very limited budget, then we need these guys to make up numbers, so that what we do spend is spent on our immediate needs.

(07-23-2016, 04:28 PM)Mathias Wrote: .

Copied from football italia

Anw, this move already made me dislike this player

I have no interest in Milan getting the player, but I don't blame him for trying to force his way out of Turkey (particularly Istanbul) right now. It's not exactly the ideal place to be.
Without a new class CB midfield re-enforcement won't mean all that much. Little chance Paletta can be that, Zapata and Ely are not. Average age of back ups to Donna are almost his age. Not a fan of this at all. New CB is as much a priority as rebuilding the midfield.
I don't necessarily disagree Reza, that's why I mentioned names like Rugani (building towards the future) or Caceres (a very good defender) coming in. However, I still think the midfield needs the most investment, because part of the reason our defence is so shambolic in recent years is due to how crap the players in front are.

I also think that if we get what I mention above, you're talking about a team competing for a EL spot, not a CL one. To compete with the likes of Juve, Napoli and Roma for top 3, we need a hell of a lot more.
hey guys just posting this here cus it gets the most traffic, does anyone know where I can find two tickets for milan vs torino on the 21st of August?
(07-24-2016, 06:39 AM)WCmilan Wrote: hey guys just posting this here cus it gets the most traffic, does anyone know where I can find two tickets for milan vs torino on the 21st of August?

The garbage can maybe?

Sorry  Sagrin
As much as I want better CB to partner Romagnoli, I think I can take another season with Zapata, lets hope he stays consistent Smile we really need that money (if Bacca sold) to be invested into midfield. I def cannot withstand another season with Kuco Poli Montolivo as our mid. (While awaiting Bertolacci to revive himself)
Ah remember...Pjaca Musacchio Kovacic people saying no to Lukaku Wink  €150m plus Bacca money

Now its Caceres (Maybe) Zielinski doubtful Sosa complicated.Suso new signing Matri Paletta back.€6m to spend plus Bacca money (maybe)

It went to hell in a handbasket pretty fast.I dont care if we have a crap season and avoid relegation by a 95th minute goal in the last day if it means B&G are gone and the Chinese can run the club properly with good investment and a year to plan a mercato.
With rumours that Musacchio wants CL football, I really think it makes sense to try and get Rugani on loan with right to buy, or buy him now and have the payment split over years. It would also be a clear message from the management that they are building for the future. We would still have Paletta and Zapata as backups. Even if Musacchio would want to join us now, I think for the amount rumoured its a too big gamble to take.

Another player I would consider on loan is Zaza, if Juve are willing. If we are going to lose Menez, Bacca and Adriano.
I think Caceres would be a fine signing, but he'd cost us nothing. I wouldn't be worried about the quality of the player, but rather the continuation of these policies.