Summer Mercato 2016
Merda signed Candreva, Erkin, Banega, Ansaldi and are in talks to sign Oscar from Chelsea now...
I didn't feel so bad about our miserable position because I looked at Inter and thought, oh look even with their new owners they haven't done much..

TBH, they already have a pretty good mercato done, but they still might sign Oscar, and possibly others as well.

-----Perisic----------Jovetic----------Candreva--------
----Banega----------Kondogbia-------Oscar-----------
--Santon------Miranda--------Erkin--------Ansaldi---
-----------------------Handanovic----------------------

subs: eder,icardi,brozovic etc...

---------Bonaventura-------------Lapadula-------------Honda------------
---------Kucka---------------Montolivo---------------Poli------------------
-antonelli------------paletta------------romagnoli----------abate---------
------------------------------donnarumma----------------------------------
subs: matri, adriano, bertolacci

which one looks better????
Let's not even talk about Napoli,Roma,Juventus... TBH I don't even see Europa league, again. Depressing, very depressing. I've tried to stay positive but this is ridiculous now
Of course we haven't improved from 7th, no one can be 100% sure that Lapadula would be better than a playing Menez, Balo even, nevermind everything else like even less depth at CD, midfield, etc.
Yup, and even if we signed the players we're linked with, I still don't see us qualifying for Europa league.. Zielinski, Sosa, Pavoletti.. The only exception I'll give is Musacchio who would probably do well.

I think we were stronger last year than this year. Balotelli was a gamble and didnt play well, but taking the risk with a player who's dominated the highest leagues when on his game is probably less of a risk than a serie b striker. Menez could've been made fit instead of signing someone useless like Pavoletti. Montella might be a better coach than Miha (nobody knows, they both have their fair share to prove), but in a team with no quality, Montellas game wont do well.

Adriano is now number 87, could it be any significance that he isn't our #9 anymore or is it because king lapadula took the 9?

Also... Does anyone know the fee for Menez to Bordeaux? Don't tell me we gave him away for free..
Menez free transfer and we helped them with his wages too.
So far this mercato.
Abbiatti retired Gabriel came back
Alex Gone - Paletta came back
Mexes Gone - Vergara came back
Boateng Gone
Menez gone - Suso came Back
Balotelli gone - Matri came back

Signed Lapadula
Signed Vangioni

Other than the two new signings and Suso, the others are vastly inferior to what we had last season... Granted, we're probably saving money on wages but what's the point... So we have some spare money to sign Pavoletti????

Our midfield options -
Mauri, Poli, Montolivo, Kucka, Locatelli, Bertolacci. and depending what sort of formation you can add Bonaventura and Honda to that list...

But let's keep looking at players like Cuadrado and Pavoletti... we don't have to hold the midfield if we keep scoring... that's how football works isn't it... Buy a bunch of strikers and we'll score goals, don't worry about how the ball will get there...
(08-03-2016, 12:07 AM)reza Wrote: Menez free transfer and we helped them with his wages too.

That's absurd... I thought we'd get at least 7-8mln for him
Draxler wants to leave his current club, lets go for him.......................

In 2026
Juventus free transfers:
11/12: Pirlo
12/13: Pogba
13/14:Llorente
14/15:Coman
15/16:Khedira
16/17: Dani Alves

Anyone wanna list our top free agents in the last 6 years?
The amount of money they made between player sales and titles won thanks to the contribution of those 6 players is what essentially build 90% of their current squad.
They're funding most of their mercato off of selling Pogba and Coman (did Bayern end up buying him?)

In the meanwhile, our free agents have sent us near bankrupt from high wages and 0 titles
It's pointless to compare us to Juventus. Their management has a goal to bring them back to the top of Europe. Our management's goal is to make transfer deals with friends.
Linked with Grenier from Lyon, looks like another bodies not quality..