Summer Mercato 2016
We need a player that's going to help us get INTO the CL first before we even think about being competitive in it. If we were paying 30+ mil for a so-so 27/28 year old that's not able to make us competitive on the European stage anyhow, meaning have to replace him by another 30+mil player once we are in the CL....thank ok. But Badelj is a very low risk move that brings immediate and proven quality. There are a lot of IFs on Paredes and he costs more too. A lot more. We don't know if he'll be able to get us into the CL next year, let alone will he develop enough to help us win it.

Not saying Badelj will get us into the CL but he is the most probable out of the two to help us achieve that next year. If he than doesn't cut it in the CL , replace him. No big deal when the cost is only 10mil. Whereas with Paredes, he'll cost 20, and we still might have to replace him not only because he might not cut it for the CL but even for a CL spot.

What it comes dowith for me....looking at the player's ages, price, and current ability.......is which one will be the biggest helping hand to the CL. For me, that's Badelj.
completely agree Nefremo.
Although I do like Paredes, we need to take it step by step... Build a team to get us back to CL. Build a team to have us challenging the Serie A. Build a Team to have us back to one of the worlds best... IT will take quite some time and dedication. Badelj is someone who can help us get back to CL where Paredes has the potential to be someone who can have us challenging the Serie A... To add to that... We don't have our many millions just yet so we still need to go the more economical route until it's all done.
I would pick Badelj before Paredes as well, but it is only because I don't want to gift Roma 20m (or more) two years in a row for someone they don't even want.

We should send Galliani to Roma. I am sure that we could get many second-string players for free (and have them pay part of their salaries).
xudong - that's actually a good idea... although I'd prefer to send him Juventus... means we'd get Zaza for 10 mill, Rugani for 10 mill, Hernanes for 5 mill plus they pay half his wages for 6 months, Sturaro for 5... might even be able to convince them to bring back Coman to send him over to us for 10 mill...
I think Badelj would be a great signing, mainly for the quality of player and the price. 10-12mln euros isn't a lot of money, again he's a very good passer, good physically and generally I like the way the guy plays. Reminds me almost of Busquets.

The links with Cuadrado are becoming more and more. Seems like Montella has a generally strong influence on who we're purchasing. Cuadrado would be great on the right wing, he'd compensate for the skill, dribbling, and pace that we've desperately lacked in the last few years.
Baldelj could be our solution 'temporarily' until jan17 when the money starts pouring in. Even if we get WC mid later I think Baldej will be a very good squad player for us. The thing with Paredes is Roma will play hardball with us just like we nego for Bertolacci and Romagnoli last yr, and we dont have much time left. We should have asked for Paredes when Roma wanted to redeem SES. Galliani was just useless.

Btw, DES must not be sold.
Obvously I'm in the minority when it comes to wanting Paredes over Badelj. I'll have to accept that we disagree on this, I just think Paredes is an excellent prospect and don't see him offering particulalry less than Badelj even now.

Just want to clarify, even if I want young prospects signed, that doesn't mean I don't want more proven and experienced players coming in, I just want those who will have a major impact (e.g. Isco) and would expect to use the funds from January onwards for that.

Edit: Fiorentina demand more than 10m for Badelj:

http://www.milannews.it/rassegna-stampa/...piu-223010
Suggest we'd get Badelj and Isco, that means we have a deep-laying playmaker and an am. Who do you guys think the third player has to be/ what sort of player? Because I haven't been able to see if Badelj can take of his defensive responsibilties or if he's a player like Pirlo who needs someone else to do his dirty work.
http://www.football-italia.net/88922/mil...de-sciglio

Napoli make an offer for Mattia De Sciglio, but Milan are hoping to solve their liquidity problems by selling Carlos Bacca instead.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(08-08-2016, 12:19 PM)Joël Wrote: Suggest we'd get Badelj and Isco, that means we have a deep-laying playmaker and an am. Who do you guys think the third player has to be/ what sort of player? Because I haven't been able to see if Badelj can take of his defensive responsibilties or if he's a player like Pirlo who needs someone else to do his dirty work.

I'd like someone technically gifted, but balanced. Badelj is good defensively, so I don't think he'd need someone hugely physical alongside him. However, I think having a good box to box midfielder to support Isco and Badelj would be ideal. I would want one that's more technically proficient, even if that means defensive ability is compromised, but it has to be someone who is well in both phases of the game, offering quality, creativity and drive going forward, but never shirking defensive responsibilities.