Summer Mercato 2016
Acc to source Sosa is a done deal. Well done Galliani. I better sign noone than him, thats just me. Devilcool
I don't think you are wrong. Time and time again we spend money that honestly, could be spent much better IMO. For example this summer, we have spent 17.5mil on Lapadula and Sosa (assuming it's a done deal). I would have rather used that 17.5mil on one midfielder than on a striker (that wasn't needed) and a 31yr old midfielder that really offers NO guarantees at this point if we are looking at his past.
Sosa means no Bentancur or Cuadrado. No more non-EU spots available. Ah, well. Soon Galliani is gone.
A couple of years ago, Galliani spoke to reporters and said something interesting, "when you don't have a lot of money to spend, you have to become creative." Truer words have never spoken. A small budget is not the be all and end all for soccer teams, how you use it, on the other hand, is. And that's where Galliani has failed so miserably the last decade or so. Galliani, as a manager, is receptive to new ideas like a lactose intolerant kid is receptive to milk. Literally everything he does is from the same playbook he has been using since 1985.

Sosa, to be fair, might (might, not will) be a useful player for us, in that Kucka mode. He is a well travelled player who has technique (a major Montella requirement). The only problem is that we are once again utilizing our budget on easy targets instead of the right targets. We are basically picking up the cheapest and easiest woman at the bar instead of working on impressing the right girl who you know you can have a future with. Simply put, you cannot and will not have a happy and fulfilling love life when your relationship history is nothing but cheap sluts from the club. And we, as a team, is a testament to that. The need of a proper Director of Sports on this team cannot be overstated, and I hope that's the first thing Fassone does when he takes over.
"Official: Sassuolo buy Matri"

http://www.football-italia.net/89855/off...-buy-matri
Good news at least Matri is gone. Another masterpiece by Galliani, we paid his salary but he never played for us.
Hallelujah
(08-16-2016, 07:40 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: "Official: Sassuolo buy Matri"

http://www.football-italia.net/89855/off...-buy-matri

Funny that there is the word "buy" in that title, as I doubt that we got any penny out of his "sale". (did we? I read the report briefly quickly but didn't see any indication of that). 

In fact, I would be happy if we could stop paying part of his salary.
So apparently, we are still going to get another midfielder after Sosa, Fernando from Man City and Diawara from Bologna are the targets. Those two would be fantastic signings imo. Diawara has a lot of upside and Fernando is ready to contribute from day one. If we can get either one of them for 7.5M, we should jump at it without question.
I don't think we have the financial resource to afford Fernando or Diawara, because I don't think either would arrive at 7.5M.

Between them, I would prefer Fernando, because I have heard some disciplinary/attitude issues about Diawara, and I just don't want any more Menez or Prince Boateng or Balotelli.