Summer Mercato 2016
(08-30-2016, 06:44 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Montolivo
Kucka
Poli
Bertolacci
Sosa  (not a cm in a 3 man midfield ) out of position
Honda (not a cm in a 3 man midfield ) out of position
Bonaventura ( not a cm in a man midfield ) out of position.
Pasalic VanGinkel2.0

Thats our midfield this season.Its horrendous for a club that has spent a billion in 5 years and ran up over €300m in debt in that time.

Good thing is....the two characters responsible for this mess will be out in a couple of weeks! It is an absolute mess man. I can't even believe that Fininvest let things get out of control so much to finally step in and put pressure on Silvio.
Milan in pole position and close to signing Wilshere on loan with option to buy at 35 million euros (milannews.it). Good last minute signing if it happens, like has already been said he will be an amazing addition if he doesn't get injured.

On the other hand, Mati Fernandez met with Fio directors to rescind his contract but instead they decided not to for whatever reasons, so he in fact isn't a free agent
hi rossoneri
come on close the thred , noting gona happend
and pls start new for winter mercato , aparentlyy if everthing going well with new owners and Albertini and Maldini also join in club , we will have alredy for winter mercato 150 mil euros transfeer budger so start dreaming Big Grin
Daniele de Rossi in red & black Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSJmMc1cvac RINO GATTUSO ENERGY
Witsel to Juve for €18M with add ons ?? Though I always thought we need someone else previously, but that figure is a steal to me ! WTF Galliani.
That's a good deal. I've always liked Witsel and thought he was a beast in midfield, recovering the ball and giving real presence. However, he's the last piece to an already stable midfield IMO. Besides, I think Witsel was a Galliani/Berlu era target, we probably dropped him with the new owners.

I would content myself with a last minute deal for Wilshere tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed, he's a player who I really used to like when he was fit. He's had quite a few injury problems in his career but a lot of players grow out of them. 35mln euros as an option to buy his a bit steep but if he plays at the level he can then in this market he'd be worth 50. Sosa,Wilshere,Bonaventura,Kucka would be my top four picks for the three midfield positions as starters with one player rotating every other game or whatnot. Then Monty, Bertolacci can add their two cents when they feel like playing half decent.

In attack I'm actually pretty excited. Bacca seems motivated and despite his clumsy feet he's a 20 goal striker no doubt, so we'll get goals from him. What really excites me is that Suso is playing outstanding and really looks like the next David Silva, I don't like to make comparisons but this time I will. I also expect Niang to make a breakthrough this season, I'll never forget when he hit form and went on 4-5 games playing really well before his injury - he was virtually unstoppable until then. Then there's Lapadula who's a wild card that we can look forward to, 40 goals or whatever he scored in Serie B is still significant IMO.

My only REAL problem (if we sign Wilshere tomorrow fingers crossed) is the defence now. Gomez looks like with some work and time he could be a solid pick. However, I'm really just unhappy with our fullbacks. I didn't think they were the weakpoint of this team but after so many consecutive seasons, I'm tired of seeing Abate make these predictable runs and he rarely defends well against top quality players, in fact his pace saves him a lot, though I can't only criticise him, he can play very well on his day and he can be pretty solid, just it's been a while since. De Sciglio same thing, inconsistent and has a lot to live up to still. I'm not sure what to expect from Vangioni, but I watched Antonelli live against Torino and he was the worst player on the field - I know he can do better though, I liked his workrate and attempts at going forward last season, so maybe hes just lacking match fitness.

Overall, with 0 budget I think signing Wilshere could hold us over until January in keeping our distance with the top 3, then hopefully (I'm pretty confident) we'll make some big signings.
Wilshere is more likely to join other English clubs on loan. Isco seems to be available for loan, likely to join Malaga acc to reports
Jack Wheelchair... Not convinced.
Last rumour : Keita from Lazio on loan, and Honda leaving on loan to Lazio.
As Honda doesn't seem to be useful for Montella, Keita could be a good addition to cover the wings.

Anyway, we need a CM. But it looks like Montella wants a CD and the club will look for a loan in this position, whereas we have many defenders.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Same old story. We're linked with a bunch of players who won't make any difference. Why are we obsessed with having 35 average players? We have signed defenders, midfielders and forwards, the problem is that it's never the right ones or the ones we really need. Just close this mercato already.
We are now linked to Fabregas who would have been offered to Milan as he is available (Conte wouldn't want to keep him).
Even if I'm not a fan of this guy (I don't like his attitude on the pitch, typical Barcelona guy who will get fouled and immediately complain to the referee), he would be a direct starter in our midfield.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !