Summer Mercato 2016
Just watched him this past weekend.....he had a monster game.

But I wouldn't bring him back now. We should look into the future and find another Thiago Silva. I'm not a fan of bringing back players. We haven't has success with that. Even though the ones we've brought back have been basically done as players and it's a bit different with Silva.

We've been linked to some interesting young players lately and I think it's the right direction. Coric, Mammana, El Ghazi, Koziello, Jemerson are the ones off the top of my head. Whether there is truth in all of this or not remains to be seen. In any case, it'll be great if we manage to get a couple of those players in the summer.
Rumours of Pavoletti joining. Honestly, I wouldn't mind him, I think he'd be a decent back up to have in the side. That's the point though, he should be a relatively cheap backup, not a player worth 15m as previously rumoured.

If Mammana doesn't come, there's rumours we'll be after De Maio or Izzo of Genoa. I don't want De Maio, though Izzo's of more interest. Still they aren't players I'd really be looking at.
It's all wrong. We don't need back up players. We need players which arrival will turn our curent players into back up.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
That's unrealistic and unfeasible. This summer there's a very good chance we'll be losing both Balo and Adriano, meaning we need reinforcement for the striker role currently occupied by Bacca. We're not going to find a player that will bench Bacca and if we do, it's not feasible to buy that player and expect the correct reinforcement needed in other areas of the squad. IF we have a real budget this summer, that money should be used to improve in defence and midfield.

The question is what the budget is. With the issues with Bee at the moment it looks unlikely we'll see any investment in the club before June. That means if we get any money towards the market, it'll be from Silvio's pocket, which seems unlikely given his activity (or lack of) in recent years. At this point, expect a transfer market more like the winter one just passed than the one of last summer.
Sampinjon, I absolutely agree.

About Pavoletti, like you said Dev, we are in no position to be spending 15 mil on back up strikers. On top of that....this guy has a decent half season and all of a sudden we are going to splash 10-15 mil on him!?!? That's just ridiculous when you keep in mind we weren't willing to spend that on Eriksen, Tevez, etc. What is the point of selling Adriano than? Just to spend the money on another guy that won't play more than a few games? I'd rather keep Adriano than. On top of that Galliani will probably give this guy a 300% pay increase and we won't be able to get rid of him for ages.

About Izzo and De Maio.....these are back up level players for a team like Milan....or should be at least. Mammana will cost 10mil and has half the world scouting him for a reason. The kid has potential to be a great starter for us for years. Instead, we going to go and sign Izzo/De Maio for 7-8 mil. It's the worst possible business decision. I think kids in business school will probably make a better decision than that. But not Galliani. He does it time and time again so I wouldn't be surprised if he did it again.

And again, not trying to be the weird conspiracy theorist on the forum, but whoever doesn't think there is something fishy going on between Milan and Genoa at this point is a fool imo. There is a reason Genoa is a midtable team and are stuck in 16th place this season. And we want to sign half of their team? How the hell do we expect to make top three or challenge for a title with those same players than? I understand signing their top performer (that's performed for a couple of years) or something, but we are after half of their team.
(02-11-2016, 02:52 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: That's unrealistic and unfeasible. This summer there's a very good chance we'll be losing both Balo and Adriano, meaning we need reinforcement for the striker role currently occupied by Bacca. We're not going to find a player that will bench Bacca and if we do, it's not feasible to buy that player and expect the correct reinforcement needed in other areas of the squad. IF we have a real budget this summer, that money should be used to improve in defence and midfield.

The question is what the budget is. With the issues with Bee at the moment it looks unlikely we'll see any investment in the club before June. That means if we get any money towards the market, it'll be from Silvio's pocket, which seems unlikely given his activity (or lack of) in recent years. At this point, expect a transfer market more like the winter one just passed than the one of last summer.

Well you are right that it might be unrealistic......but we can look at it a few different ways. If we CAN'T improve our starting line up, than yes, we need to replace the back-ups that will leave. But than again, they DON'T HAVE to leave. Why don't we just keep Adriano than? He's a better player than Pavoletti imo and he's here already. Or if he leaves, than look within the team.....like Matri. We still own him, and we can bring him back this summer and keep him. I'm not a fan of his....but he is no worse than Pavoletti. Spending money on Pavoletti should not even be an option right now. That way, we can use that 15mil (we were going to spend on Pavoletti) to maybe improve our starting line up and all of a sudden it doesn't look so unrealistic. 

It's the same with the back line. I would rather extend Zapata and keep him rather than spend money on Izzo/De Maio. They are similar level players and I bet if Zapata was in Genoa and Izzo was here, we would now be interested in Zapata. So just keep Zapata. It won't cost us anything....that way we can spend the money on someone that can possibly improve the starting line up. 

But like you said, it's impossible to predict or even guess anything without knowing what our financial situation will be this summer.
Exactly. With this current financial situation our attacking line is more than "good". We don't need to do aynthing there. Send Crapotelli back to L'pool,return our crap Matri from loan and that's it. Better to seek for solutions on other lines of our team.
But hey,Galiani's friends from Genoa needs money so we're going to buy from them. No matter if it is player in the area which is not most urgent for us to improve. I mean-we have the worst midfield in the past 30 years and we dont do absolutely nothing about it.
What we're doing in defence? Bringing some anonimous 28 years old guy from Argentina . If he is worth something he would be playing in Europe long time ago. Or at least there would be some interests about him from some other stronger teams. Looks as good signing to you?
That kind of transfer politics ruined us. World champion became local scum-team like Empoli.
And , as Nefremo said, Genoa is not team which can provide 2-3 players for team like Milan EVERY year. Maybe 1 in a 2-3 years. Especialy this season. Come on,they're relegation battlers. Galiani ruining us for benefit of his own personal relationships with people from Genoa. And it's not conspiracy theory it's reality. Try to do something similar in public firm owned by some state. It's considered as crime and rewarded with sending to jail.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
My view is Pavoletti may be a downgrade on Luiz Adriano, but imo is certainly better right now than Matri. Therefore, I'd say if Luiz Adriano is sold at the 15m asking price and Pavoletti bought for 5m (or at maximum around 7-8), then we make a significant profit which can be utilised towards getting Mammana for example and at the same time we'd get a solid if unspectacular backup for the striker role, rather than a mediocre if not terrible Matri. nefremo, Pavoletti's been pretty reasonable in lower leagues too and has been performing to reasonable standards for a few years now, not just this season (he caught my eye during his time at Varese). Also, to reiterate, I'm not going to consider Pavoletti at 15m a good deal, that would be an awful deal.

Anyway, even then up front we'd be left with Bacca, Niang, Pavoletti and Menez. So keeping Matri (if he's willing to stay) might be necessary anyway, because we're probably still one player short for the attack. Although I'd rather see if there's a young player who can take that spot and get experience.

As for deals with Genoa, there's clearly something fishy there. It's no real shock given that everytime there's a scandal of any sort, it's always the same "group of friends" involved, including Galliani and Preziosi. However, my view on these players has nothing to do with where they come from, which is why I'm not necessarily against Pavoletti coming.

On keeping players we already own, I'm for it where it makes sense. Imo if Luiz Adriano can be sold to fund a move for a player that we seriously need to improve (as I mentioned in the scenario above), then I'm all for it. I think it's fair to compromise in the backup striker role if it means we can get our defensive partner for Romagnoli. However, I've also said before (about a week ago) that if it's up to me, I'd look to renew Alex and Zapata this summer as it will prove more cost effective than looking for replacements.
I am still not too worried about paying above cost IF it fills a need well. 15 is too much for Pavoletti but more importantly than paying less is a plan. Someone like Mammana at least sounds like a plan - a young player that can fill a long term need is somewhat a plan at least, surely - eventhough I have never seen him play.
Milan are supposedly very interested in Anwar El Ghazi. Thought I'd share this video which gives great insight on his recent form. Do you feel he'd be a good signing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-YyintRo0c