Summer Mercato 2016
(02-16-2016, 07:00 PM)xudong Wrote: I don't see anything on Chinese media?  Huh

French reports.

http://www.football-italia.net/79955/shanghai-menez
http://www.le10sport.com/football/mercat...hai-223118
Milannews reported that too. Menez wants 10mln euros/year though and the Chinese club are only willing to pay 7, offering us about 10-15mln euros for him.
(02-16-2016, 06:49 PM)reza Wrote: Rumour of Menez to China ...

Would be great !
Despite his very good season last year, I don't especially like him and don't think he'll fit well in the plans of Miha.

So if we can earn 15M for a player who came for free, let's do that !

And I strongly disagree with most of you, we finally got a great striker, and you would sell him for 60M after one season ? And then ? You think we'll replace him with who ? For how much ?

Let's keep the guy in our team, we need to build the core of this Milan, if we keep selling everyone and buying new players each season, we won't be anything else than the Genoa of other teams !
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
On Menez, for 15m I'm open to sell (though I'd want keep Adriano for sure at that point), but then we need a competent replacement for him, one that will challenge Niang for his spot in the team.

I think I'm pretty much the only one who has responded somewhat favourably for Bacca's sale, so I'll try to explain my viewpoint. However, before that I want to reiterate that I would only sell Bacca if that money was to be reinvested into the market and a suitable replacement bought in (again, Pavoletti isn't a suitable replacement for Bacca). This view is also because I'm unconvinced of how much is invested into the market this summer. If we have a decent amount to invest, then selling Bacca is unnecessary, but if we don't, selling him could generate the funds needed to really strongly reinforce other areas of the squad.

The other reason for a sale is he's 29, his market value is only going to drop now and realistically we have 1-2 years of him at the top left after this season. Then there's potential market possibilities. One notable example is Ibra's available this summer and Raiola didn't comment when asked about a return to Milan. It's a short term solution, but there's little denying Ibra's a better player than Bacca.

I'm only saying selling Bacca makes sense if there's a plan behind it, but if there's no suitable replacement being considered and no plans to use the money we make from a sale, it's a waste of time.

I wouldn't sell Niang at this point, as even though we can make some decent money off of him, I'm a little more convinced he can be valuable in a long term project. I'm also aware I've said I'd be willing to sell quite a few players, like Menez, Adriano and Bacca, but I wouldn't sell them all, as it makes no sense to completely gut the attack.
Menez for 15mill would be very good. Although an extremely skillfull player I find him extremely selfish and not sure how good he'll do after all his back problems.

I would not sell Niang, Romagnoli, DES, Donnarumma.

Alex can go. So can Zapata. Maybe keep Mexes and sign someone else?

I'd be very happy to double our money on a player who doesnt have huge amounts of time left, and only been at the club for 12 months...
Out Menez 12mill
Out Bacca for 60 mill
in Tielemans for 15-20 mill
in Zaza for around 25 mill
in Bernardo Silva for around 25mill
leaves 2mill left over if we pay 20 for tielemans.
But what we end up with is some very talented young players who we could build the new Milan around... I personally really like Zaza but not sure how willing Juventus would be to let him go... All this is dependent on Galliani moving his ass and start working on these now or the price of some of these youngters will start to rise and a better option might come up for them.

obviously does not fix all of our problems, but it's a start...

That's just my 5c worth
Ancelotti could be interested by Saponara in Bayern and rumours are about a 20M offer coming soon.
If he is sold, 1/3 of the money goes to Milan ... So come on Carlo, buy him for a little more ! Big Grin
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(02-16-2016, 11:46 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Ancelotti could be interested by Saponara in Bayern and rumours are about a 20M offer coming soon.
If he is sold, 1/3 of the money goes to Milan ... So come on Carlo, buy him for a little more ! Big Grin

that would be awesome... better yet. Ancelotti should buy for for 90M :p
Menez for 15M would be an amazingly good move for us. It's a win win for the player as well, as he not only will get a huge raise (even at 8M a year, that is more than double what he is making right now), but his flash and goal scoring exploits will also make him a huge fan favorite in China. Menez's days as a wanna be world class player is all but over now, so it's probably not a bad idea for him to start thinking about his next step and go for the high paying gig. From Milan perspective, we get rid of one of the higher paid players on the team who doesn't really have much room, and get a sizable chunk of cash to spend. I can't see any downside with this, but then again, Galliani always wants to keep six strikers on the roster at all times, so he will probably just turn it down.
15M for Menez is too good to be true, I wont think twice to sell him if the offer comes. Bacca, Niang with Adriano and Balo as backup are more than enough.

Crazy money for Bacca if the news is true. Only if we have perfect replacement for him then we can sell him, surely IF the money is correctly invested we probably can easily get another high profile striker, but is he gonna perform straight away in SERIE A like Bacca is another question, J. Martinez is good example

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
aka edysim
Maybe we can sell all our unwanted players to China and get some good money. I wonder if they need some Chinese native to help out the deal? *cough* *me* *cough* Icon_lol2 Icon_lol2