Summer Mercato 2016
One player I have always wanted us to go for is Lukaku. If you sell Bacca for 65m, that is the kind of signing you make.

As for Ibra, I doubt he'd come back to Serie A. His business advisors must already be busy forging a road in the MLS for him. Needless to say he must be looking for a stable life after football and spending 2-3 years in MLS will pave the way for that. That being said, the guy is still at his prime. It makes me cry when I think of all that could have been had he stayed.
Im certain Bacca wont go to China , hes bot just all about money.He's at his peak and wants to win things , if he does leave in the summer it wont be to China and I see us getting what we paid for him or a bit more but at most €35m he will be 30 afterall.
If we sold Bacca & Menez we wont get players as good for the €40/€45m
As much as I am not sentimental toward players, selling Bacca will not do us any good whatsoever. Even with money, this team is going to have a really hard time attracting high level players like Bacca. We have an unstable ownership, horrendous management, a coach who is always a game away from getting fired and a sub par squad. What high level player with any kind of self esteem would want to join this team? As soon as we sell Bacca, we are going to sign Pavoletti, Pato, Izzo and some other mediocre Italian midfielder, and then Galliani will pronounce us a perfect team who should be winning all trophies.
Id actually like (if possible) sell Adriano to China look for €15m , sell Poli maybe €5m , Diego Lopez wages saved maybe €3m fee , SES €12m IIRC from Roma...thats €35m'ish plus saved wages...Vangioni free Mammana €10m , Witsel €25m , Vasquez €20m and El Ghazi €10-€13m ...surely it possible a total spend of €65/€70m with half coming from sales.
Jay, I agree for the most part, I don't think we'll see 60m offered and it's not worth it for less.

somedevil, Lukaku came to my mind too, although he'd cost a fortune as Everton paid big money for him and he's having the best season of his career so far.

I'm not too fussed about Ibra, I'm not his biggest fan, though I'll obviously acknowledge his ability.
(02-17-2016, 10:43 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Jay, I agree for the most part, I don't think we'll see 60m offered and it's not worth it for less.

somedevil, Lukaku came to my mind too, although he'd cost a fortune as Everton paid big money for him and he's having the best season of his career so far.

I'm not too fussed about Ibra, I'm not his biggest fan, though I'll obviously acknowledge his ability.

Belgian and Dutch player expert coming in here with a very short statement about Lukaku.

As a person and a professional, getting him would be VERY good. He is everything but a leader, but focussed on getting at the grounds first and leaving last. He wants to become the best in the world and will do anything to get there. I've met him in person and he's so down to earth and so funny you wonder if he's even a football player making millions per year.

Would he fit the italian league? He needs space and pace to run. Against teams like palermo, genoa, udinese... he would struggle i think. The english league really seems to suit his style of play. He's technically pretty limited and has to improve his control of the ball. If he improves this, he will have less disadvantage in small areas (the bad control is what hurts him now).

On the other side: He knows where the goal is. And he can fire them in from any side. He's been doing that for years now, ever since I saw him playing his first game for anderlecht. He can become a lot better than bacca is for us now, if he keeps improving at the insane rate he is doing now.
I think the rumour about Ibra is interesting ... We have Bacca and Niang. I hope they will both stay (even if I'm not a big fan of Niang, he's slowly proving me wrong and I like that). Then, Balotelli could (SHOULD) go back to Liverpool. That leaves us with Menez and Luiz Adriano. Luiz Adriano could leave. Menez too.

Ibra for 0 € + a Primavera striker promoted could be interested :
- Ibra + Bacca as starters
- Niang as their sub
- the promoted player to gain time here and there as both Ibra and Bacca aren't known to injure themselves easily ...

We could also buy some decent Italian backup to complet the roster.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Thanks for your thoughts Mathias, it's an interesting perspective on Lukaku. Having been watching him for a few years in the Premiership, I agree with your assessment. However, given his young age and potential, I feel he could adapt in Italy, not least because as you say, he's known for his professionalism and studies his opponents well.

Bacca's agent has said there may be a possibility of him leaving in the summer:

http://www.football-italia.net/79968/age...n%E2%80%99

Well, technically he doesn't rule him out from leaving.

Cavani is also set to leave PSG this summer along with Ibra for those interested. Icardi is being considered as a replacement.
We should sell Menez as son as possible. Player who can't listen doctors and stick to his recovery plan instead of which he prolonged his injury for over a month is player with zero respect for club and all of us. I don't want that kind of players in Milan.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(02-17-2016, 02:19 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: We should sell Menez as son as possible. Player who can't listen doctors and stick to his recovery plan instead of which he prolonged his injury for over a month is player with zero respect for club and all of us. I don't want that kind of players in Milan.

Huh?
Didn't he get re-injured in an Italian Cup match?