Summer Mercato 2016
(02-19-2016, 02:57 AM)nefremo Wrote: There is not a single word in this that I don't agree with. Which is why I suggested that we keep Alex and Zapata for 1 more year so that they can be that bridge for Mammana (IF HE NEEDS IT). Our opinions differ where you mentioned for us to buy Tonelli/Glik PLUS Mammana, which will cost us 10-15 mil (for Tonelli/Glik) and 10mil for Mammana. I am saying that I trust in Mammana's ability (and hopefully all the other stuff will fall in place too with time) that I would not waste 10-15 mil on Tonelli/Glik and would rather use that money for a midfielder....and hold on to Alex and Zapata.

Ahhh...perhaps I misunderstood your original post. I guess we are on the same boat after all. Except, I really don't want Zapata back. I know it might be unfair but he seems to epitomize everything that's wrong with this team right now, overrated, overpaid, lack of effort, mistake prone and pretentious. He is even worse than Mexes, at least Mexes can occasionally score a goal or two while making a butt load of mistakes in the back. Alex, on his current form, and Paletta would be good cover as well if we don't have extra cash for a Glik or Tonelli.
(02-19-2016, 03:18 AM)porcho Wrote: nefremo and slifersd - no reason why we couldnt bring in Nkoulou and Mammana. Nkoulou is avail for free. Leaves us with Mammana, Nkoulou, Romagnoli, Zapata/alex

You've got a deal, porcho. I will sign up to that. In addition, can I nominate you as our new GM too? lol
I agree with reza on Lewandowski, it makes no sense to sell him.

On the defence (CBs) situation, I think we should be aiming for 5 CBs in the squad for next season. I think it's fair to assume that Romagnoli will stay. With him, I think we should do what's necessary to keep Alex. Mexes will leave and imo Ely should be loaned out to a smaller Serie A team. With Paletta returning and Zapata potentially renewed, we need to make a decision what needs doing. If we keep both, that means we'll have 4 defenders (Romagnoli, Alex, Zapata and Paletta), leaving 1 space for Mammana. However, I think I'd rather be more inclined to let one of Zapata and Paletta go, as I think we should seriously aim to reinforce strength in depth and neither of these two fill me with much confidence.

It's in this situation where names like Nkoulou, Glik and Tonelli come in. I'd prefer Glik or Tonelli personally, as I think with their experience in Serie A, it'd be easier for them to slot in. If Mammana's ready to play alongside Romagnoli as a starter, that's great, whoever comes in would be an option off the bench. However, if Mammana's not ready and needs time to adjust, then having a reliable option is extremely useful, at the least it takes pressure off Mammana. I would have liked Alex to perform this role, but with his age and inability to play two games a week, this could be a problem especially if we reach Europe.

Therefore, I think a CB lineup of Romagnoli, Mammana, Alex, Zapata/Paletta and Glik/Tonelli would make sense, giving a sense of security and quality at the back.
Tomelli & Mammana around €20m ?
Vangioni Free
Witsel €20-€25m
Vasquez Im thinking €18m gets it done
El Ghazi €10/€12m ...Thats a lot of money even with wages & fees on say Mexes Lopez Adriano Poli SES
Or can we convince Juve to part with Rugani. I would love that absolutely.
Rugani would be hella expensive , Juve would want crazy money from Milan.Im talking €30m + and I just do not see us spunking those duckets.
Milan interested in Praet €15-€18m...I have no source as I only saw it on the FB twitter & tinder Smile wait not TINDER
(02-19-2016, 10:09 AM)slifersd Wrote: You've got a deal, porcho. I will sign up to that. In addition, can I nominate you as our new GM too? lol

I'll take that job!!! Couldn't do worse than what we already have! All I need to do is not sign anyone from Genoa.
Why bother? O Just be a taxi driver outside of San Siro. Berlusconi will seek advice from you. Big Grin
Come on, Xudong, Berlusconi doesn't take taxi. Just be an under aged stripper (or at least pretend to be one) and you will have his ears.