Summer Mercato 2016
(03-14-2016, 03:45 PM)reza Wrote: You guys expect 60 or 36 to be invested properly? Not likely lol

That would be a no Okmilan I agree with you this
I think those player sales would generate somewhere in the 40 maybe 45m mark at a stretch. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lopez leave on a free tbh, just to get rid of his salary. El sha 13m, Menez maybe 10-15m, Poli 5m, Adriano around 8-10mln.

Adriano could leave for over 10m to China for example, but it's questionable because his deal fell through and the market was still open for quite a while afterwards and no other Chinese clubs came forward.
Apart from the Chinese, no one else will pay 10+ for Menez or Adriano. We bought Adriano for 8mil, and although yes his contract was ending in 6 months, he has since lost value for sure and is going to be another year older. If we can get 10-12 mil for him it'll be a premium. Anything more would be like winning the lottery, but again, that will only come from some crazy spending team in China. If there is no interest in China, I'm afraid at best we should be aiming to at least break even. But I wouldn't sell him to break even. He is a good asset to have.

Menez is in the same boat. He would be easily worth 15+mil had he been fit this season and had he shown even part of the ability he showed last year when he carried the team. Neither of those things are true at this moment so getting anything in the region of 10mil will be a bonus, considering that we got him for free anyway. Also, keeping in mind his attitude, most teams in Europe will be reluctant to go for him or pay a high price. Not saying that Chinese teams don't care about attitude, but lets face it, at the moment they are most interested in names and excitement. So our best shot is a team from China to show interest in Menez, because we'll struggle to make decent money on him from a European team.

Regardless of how much we can bring in from player sales, the most important part is how we actually spend what we make. If all we are going to do is change a coach and buy a new set of strikers AGAIN, than the hell with it all. It will be pointless if we make 30,45, or 60mil on player sales.

I hope that the heaviest investment (hoping there will be an investment again this summer) is made in the midfield. We have mediocre midfielders which results in mediocre performances and mediocre results. Yes it was refreshing to see the side beating Inter and Fiorentina, tie Roma away, go for a long period without losing.....but the lack of quality when we need to make that step up and string a winning run is obvious and it is so frustrating.
We are lucky if we get 30M from selling those players listed by you guys.

Lopez is not going to get us any cash from his sale. His salary is too high for the teams that are signing him, which means we are lucky if they sign him for free. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if we end up paying for a portion of his contract just to have him walk away.

Menez and Adriano will only get us real money if they go to China. Nobody else in Europe is going to pay anything significant for either guy. Both guys have some talent, but are far from prolific or reliable. We better hope another round of idiotic investments from Chinese teams will take place in summer, or else, those two are either going out on free loan or staying with us.

Like some poster said, it honestly does not matter how much money we do or do not have, because we are going to spend like we are stupid anyway. It's going to be another round of buying strikers who have no use and overpay for every player who has an Italian passport. I mean, we spent 28M on Bertolacci and Adriano last summer, and those two combined have made less impact than someone like Banega, who would have cost maybe 8M alone.
i didnt say it will be properly use, i expect it will be use on 1 person that we will not expect it to be.
Let's not forget that whatever money we earn from player sales will very likely go to balance the books.
This is true , I expect 2 of Bacca Bona Roma Donna to be sold along with Menez Adriano SES.With a revenue of under €200m this season and another massive loss and the €90m spend ontop of that , this club will declare record loss' IMO and sell whatever it can thats valuable to make a dent in this.
Its so idiotic that years of no spending made the club lose more & be worse of than if money was spent each year.Im not talking silly money , but if 2/3 players were brought a year after the 07 UCL win for a few seasons to rejuvenate the aging squad and maybe 1 good player & 1 promising talent each year after I believe we would not be in this shit abyss.
Maybe Bacca and if a great offer for Bonaventura (30+) comes. But I don't think there is even the slightest possibility that Donna and Roma will be sold.
(03-15-2016, 09:47 PM)nefremo Wrote: Maybe Bacca and if a great offer for Bonaventura (30+) comes. But I don't think there is even the slightest possibility that Donna and Roma will be sold.

Depends on what the loss is come April.If its huge they'll panic.We maybe wont in Europe anyway so FFP wont matter....Imagine if someone said we'd €90+ m in the summer this time last year but still will miss out on EL.The club really is run horribly , and the actual issues are never even looked at.
This team and management is in a really really tough spot this summer. On one hand, the losses are starting to pile up. It's easy to say we shouldn't care because it is not our money, but losing damn near 100M every year is not a good way to run any business. On the other hand, selling whatever asset we have to offset that loss is basically putting a band aid over a shot gun wound. We did that when we sold Ibra and TS, and the losses ended up being bigger than ever two years after the sale. Berlu has got himself a very serious decision that he and Fininvest need to make. They either shell out the cash necessary to rejuvenate the team and get it back on a winning cycle again, where the losses are smaller. Or they stick on their current path of god knows what, and lose money big every year.

Truth be told, I don't know why Fininvest and Marina have not pushed harder for Berlu to finally sell the team. It seems like that is the only way for Fininvest to finally get out of the losing boat load of money every year business at this point. That whole Mr. Bee crap is not going to happen, but there are still other investors out there who could make a deal happen. Berlu might not be happy with selling Milan for less than he wanted, but at the rate that he is losing money over the team, he is better off selling for a lower offer than holding onto the team for another two, three years.