Summer Mercato 2016
Oh don't get me wrong. I want Mihajlovic to stay.

My comment was more geared towards Berlusconi and the management. The objectives should have been set at the beginning of the year. I hope that winning the Copa Italia wasn't on top of that list and I hope that A LOT MORE than just trophies was on that list. (ex: style of play, controlling the payers, introducing youngsters, qualifying for CL, etc, etc)

So I just find it very odd that if Berlusconi wasn't happy with Mihajlovic this whole season (that's what he's been hinting at for months now), than how the hell does winning the Italian Cup change his view?
What Berlusconi said about the team was surprisingly reasonable and realistic. I almost had to check and make sure if it was Barbara wh osaid it, because I did not expect Silvio to ever come back down to earth and say things like that. It is interesting that Berlu is apparently calling out Gallin for the horrendous management of the team. This is the first time I have ever heard him criticizing the way team is managed. Could this be the beginning of the end for Galli? Or is it just random BS from Berlu again? I think it is hard to say at this point. But it certainly looks like the unbreakable armor that Galli had is starting to show a little crack.
What did Berlusconi say?
(03-26-2016, 05:10 AM)somedevil Wrote: What did Berlusconi say?

In few words - That board is guilty for signing crapy players.
Avaiting forĀ arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Here's his words:

http://gazzettaworld.gazzetta.it/news/se...-strategy/?

I agree, for once actually having management take responsibility is a breath of fresh air.

We're linked for young Argentine playmaker Lo Celso. I know very little about him other than a couple of youtube videos if I'm honest, PSG are favourites:

http://www.football-italia.net/81902/mil...elso-chase
Lo Celso , great passer appparently and strong.Ive never seen him just going on what others say , PSG ready to offer double what Milan are...apparently
We got a new CFO. An ex-Deloitte. Now if we get Sabatini that would be nice too. And of course some good talented young players. I also read something about a new election campaign by Berlusconi. Maybe it is time he will start pleasing the fans again.
Well after another dismal season, big changes need to happen. At this point, Berlusconi can't afford to have Milan operating at these losses. He made a big mistake selling our star players to 'balance the books'. For someone with so much experience in business and so much success, he made some very horrible decisions. Any normal person would have looked elsewhere to balance the books, for example our marketing strategies, stadium rights, tv deals, youth policies and whatnot. He chose to sell off his assets if you will, but he never reinvested. Even if we saved in excess of 100m by selling Silva and Ibra, we've lost a lot more than that between shirt sales, stadium attendance, and most importantly CL money. As much connection and emotion there is involved with a soccer club, they should be run no different than a business. Milan has potential to be a top 5 club again in terms of revenue but we need some big changes, probably won't happen until we have an attractive starting 11 and play good football though. Europa league is a minor opportunity to showcase a new Milan next season and it's still European exposure. I know we aren't in the best financial position to invest big but we need to, along with some changes up there.. Take a bigger loss now, but we can make up ground in the future. Investing in young players like Oliver Torres and Boufal are bright ideas for the coming years, we'll have players who can still up our game and will give us a potential big return on investment. These days young players only need to play a handful of promising games to go for hefty fees, mainly due to the markets inflation, like Coman as a random example. Even a player like Niang, we paid next to nothing for him and even if he doesn't reach the levels we want, he'd still go for 10-15m. Unfortunately, until we are in Juve's position we are most likely going to be a selling club, it'll be hard to hold onto all our star players. The unfortunate reality of todays game is that there is inflation and foreign money in abundance.. There was a point in time where a player like Maldini would be made attractive offers by other clubs but Milan could manage to match them and keep him happy. These days, a player like Donnarumma would be amazing to hold onto and see retire here, but imagine if or when a 75mln euro/season offer arrives from China or the emirates, I dont see many players declining those offers.
With Alex leaving pretty much a sure thing Galliani is giving a renewal to Zapata soon .... do I even have to comment? lol. Also Montolivo will be getting long renewal it seems, slow midfield player who is slow and 31 already... no comment either.
Milan and Juve after Rabiot (am a big fan personally):

http://www.milannews.it/calciomercato-mi...iot-206090

Donnarumma could be sold?:

http://www.football-italia.net/81945/mil...rumma-sale

Honestly doubt the credibility of the second link tbh. It was reported by Tuttosport (who are crap at best normally) and their source is the Sunday Express, which is basically less reliable than me as at least I don't just make up BS.