Summer Mercato 2016
(04-14-2016, 02:09 AM)porcho Wrote: I don't see why we couldn't sell Bacca to China... even if we sell him 35 max, and get Zaza for say 25... then that's 10mill in our pocket we can spend for say Mamana...

I'm an admirer of Zaza. As you said, he comes back and works for the ball but I do think he's got the skill and brains to become a good goal scorer. I suppose we'll see...

Bacca wont' go to China. He seems like a serious footballer. (Yes, I am Chinese, and I think no serious footballer should go to China yet). 

Surprised to see so many like Zaza.  Devilcool I will trust your judgment then. Wink Maybe we could turn him to Kaka.  Sagrin
Demba Ba, Fredy Guarin, Alex Teixeira, Ramires, Jackson MArtinez... all players good enough to play for a big league and some for a big team... HArd to say no when someone comes knocking offering double what you currently earn... And there's serious talk of Falcao(who's been shit) and Yaya Toure joining the list of names... Hopefully Menez and Luis Adriano also join that list... And take Montolivo while they're at it.
(04-14-2016, 02:09 AM)porcho Wrote: even if we sell him 35 max, and get Zaza for say 25... then that's 10mill in our pocket we can spend for say Mamana...

Won't happen. That's not how Milan, and Galliani works...
So are ye of the thinking that money generated frim from player sales will be reinvested ? Or will books be balances ?...I cant overlook the fact we will record a loss of €100m or more this season with soending €90m on players TO FINISH 6TH OR LOWER.Im just dubious.

I cant see past Pavoletti.Then I look at out of contract players.When I look at that list players that stand out and a very Milan are Veloso , Ben Arfa , Ricky Alvarez , Caceres...Then ofcourse there is Ibra Nkolou Van Der Wiel who could be good but probably wont happen.

I just cant buy into a Mercato where we see Bacca Adriano Balotelli Menez SES Poli Matri Mexes Alex Lopez leaving and Mammana Tonelli Witsel Kovacic Vasquez Zaza Pelle/Pavoletti coming in.
I agree with what most of you are saying about Zaza, and I wouldn't mind him replacing Bacca if he comes at a lower cost that is. It would just bother me that once again we would be funding Juve to become a better squad like we tend to do (Matri). They'd use that 25m from a player who plays a handful of games for them and spend it on Berardi, who I would much rather prefer over Zaza if I had the choice. Even though they play two different positions, I think Berardi is just overall a better player with more potential.. He even scores comparable, if not more goals than Zaza, but as a winger. We'd essentially be funding Juve's move for Berardi. I just hope it doesn't end up another win-lose for us where Zaza ends up mediocre, and Berardi continues along his current path of becoming a star.

My only question is, Mandzukic hasn't been scoring often, and I honestly don't rate Morata as an amazing forward either he only has 14 goals in like 60 appearances that's almost two full seasons of games. Why hasn't Zaza been starting ahead of either of these guys? He's Italian too, Juve are generally strong advocates of having Italian players in their line-up.
Zaza does really well every time he comes on. As for the free transfers... I would take a Veloso(I'm portuguese and a Sporting fan so always liked him), Ben Arfa, Nkoulou, and would love Ibra... Van der weil would only come with very high wages. Veloso to me would be ok only to fill a spot if we get rid of some of the dead wood.

To be honest when you look at the players that might be leaving on a free it's extremely depressing. Add to that the players we should be selling and it looks even worse...
Realistically, say we get bought out by the chinese(doubt Silvio will come to an agreement) the only players I feel we need to keep are Gigi, De Sciglio, Romagnoli, Ely, Abate, Antonelli, Calabria, Poli, Bonaventura, Bertolacci, Mastalli, Mauri, Niang, Bacca(if we dont sell him for someone younger)
and from loan I would keep SES, bring back Mastour(send him to Serie B where he will play every game), and Suso...

Considering you essentially want 25-30 players on the books(including youngsters) then that is a very sad state of affairs... I've even added in players that might not be up to the task but would be good squad players...
The upcoming transfer season should be considered a year zero for Milan. We should replace each and everyone apart from the following players:

- Mbaye niang (talent)
- Bonaventura (Talent)
- Locatelli (Talent)
- SES (if he doesn't sign with Roma)
- Romagnoli (talent)
- Antonelli (character, skill)
- Abate (character, skill)
- De sciglio (talent)
- Donnamaruna (talent)
- Honda (character, skill)
- Abbiati (character)
- Kuco (character)
- Davide Calabria (Talent)
- Jose Mauri (Talent) (loan)
- Mastour (Talent) (loan)
- Ely (Talent) (loan)

Everyone else can just leave, because they are getting to old to progress or simply do not have a heart for Milan. While the likes of Bacca and Montolivo are (sometimes) an added value, we cannot build our side on a one dimensional poacher and a very inconsistent Midfielder who is supposed to be our link between defence and attack.

Then we should consider our options. What have we been doing over and over and over? Buying players for positions that we do not need. Why did we buy Bertolacci after we could not get Soriano? Why did we not consider that maybe, just maybe, locatelli would be ready? I am saying we should stop buying player we might not need and assess our current options. Galliani has been boasting about our Youth team and we should finally implement them into our first team. No fan would complain if next year we are playing for the same position as we are now if that means we are spending less on dead weight and finally get to see the worth of our youth system.

Next, when we do transfers, we should stop focussing on targets that pop up in the news seventy times a year. There was a time when we got players before they were in the gazetta. There was a time we did not rely on crappy transfer news items and hype-journalism. It seems we are getting overhyped players for overhyped prices. We should start scouting more, especially in south america where we have seen successes such as pato and kaka (pato was a succes, I'm still sure our medical team f*cked him over and I'd love him back). Romagnoli is an absolute gem, but that's a 20 million gamble we took! Same goes for Bertolacci and he turned out not-so good. Then see Kuco, who cost nearly nothing and is a much better version of boateng (who cost us 12 million back in the day).

How many left backs have we had over the past four years? And how many strikers? And how many CB's? I remember myself making the sum of wages and transfer fees for these three positions... and the sum rose above 70m. 70m is a lot of money we could have spent on a project to build younger players. To get more players like Niang, Romagnoli,... What's the use of getting Zlatan and winning the title one year only to get screwed over by a lack of funds thereafter?

Galliani really needs to come up with a plan. Something we haven't had in ages, but something that can easily put us back in the driving seat. But then Galliani needs to admit to himself that he has been doing badly and took comfort in passive business. Which won't be easy.
(04-13-2016, 06:29 PM)xudong Wrote: I read that elsewhere too. I almost laughed but then I realized that anything is possible with Milan these days.  Confused

That transaction actually seems very well suited to Milan's philosophy. We have always been a team that sells for below market value, mainly because our directors have no negotiation skills whatsoever and has an insatiable desire to kiss other club's ass. Meanwhile, we are also very willing to completely overpay for Italian players, because Berlu and his dumb ass "Italian Milan" initiative. Bertolacci and Romagnoli were both brought in at over 20M not necessarily because of their level of play but rather their passport. 

Now of course, a normal rational person would not trade in the second best striker in Serie A for a Juve bench player straight up without earning any extra money. Zaza might be a few years younger but he is nowhere near Bacca's level. But this is Galliani and these kind of ass backwards transactions are almost his trademark nowadays. So it will probably happen and Galli will again educate all us fans that it is he and Berlu who build the empire, not us idiotic fans.
Slifersd, I understand what you are saying. But you can't look at Zaza as just Juve's bench player. There is a lot more there. Bacca would be great, with a midfield and creative team in place. We don't have that.....so there is times when he actually hurts us rather than help us...and it's not his fault.

Let's hope we an get some of that Chinese money this summer.
Tuttocrap reports that there's talk of DES to Juve with Milan requesting Zaza in return. I've stated before that I think DES leaving could bite us in the backside. He's even shown signs of improvement this year, so if we have some quality/stability next season, then I really want him to stay.

I also don't fully understand why Zaza is particularly liked. I don't really rate him personally, he's a hard worker, but honestly beyond that I don't think he's that great. We reject the idea of Pavoletti so quickly (not to say I want him as a starter), so why Zaza who has yet to show particularly more?