Summer Mercato 2016
(05-03-2016, 05:57 AM)edysim Wrote: 40M will be useless as long as Galliani is around. He'll spend 12M for Pavoleti, the rest for Feilanni,
rather than putting a lil bit more efforts to find some talented players in South America that cost 6-7M (but will still develop) but that way, he will still screw big time because he will get us Vergharra like players? That baldy is simply useless.

TBH getting fellaini for the right money wouldn't be bad. He's obviously a good player when used right. He was the engine behind the fantastic year that the Belgium NT had in 2015. Louis van Gaal is just a professional weirdo. Players seem to underperform under him.
I wouldnt believe that.HameZ cost Real €80 IIRC hes 23/24 and hes done well a goal every 2.5 games good lot of assists.Now they may sell him but not for €40 yo yos
If (and hopefully when) there are new owners, I think there needs to be a clear structure on how the side is rebuilt. I see lots of names being mentioned here, in the news, other forums and pretty much everywhere, but I don't see a clear plan anywhere. We've not had a clear project for years, so before considering specific transfers, I think that needs addressing first.

For me, the way it should be is with new owners, I'd want the following steps to be taken in rebuilding.

1) Management: Bring in Maldini and Albertini, people who have potential careers as directors, but also I'd want to see some experience come in with them to help them.

2) The head coach: Have a head coach who the club can rebuild with, but one who will fit into the culture and direction the new management intend to take. Once a coach is decided, you'll have an idea of how they might want to set up, so that's when players can be considered.

3) Experienced Players: I'd say bring in experienced, high quality players who are around 25-27. I wouldn't replace the whole side, but I'd want these players to take on key roles we need to improve, such as a partner for Romagnoli, a new midfield and maybe a new forward alongside Bacca. For these roles, I'm talking about quality, guys like Isco or Mkhitaryan for example.

4) Young talents: I would also say the club needs to try and secure the best young talents in Italy and abroad. Similar to how Juve currently secure most of the best young Italian players, I would say Milan needs to muscle in on this and try to secure the long term for themselves. Examples would be guys like Donsah or Diawara of Bologna, but maybe also guys who can be immediate starters now, guys like Berardi or Rabiot.

5) Youth players/already owned young talents: This is maybe the most important, but young talents already in the squad (Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Mauri, Calabria, Locatelli and Niang) should be grown with the intention of them taking starting roles in the future. We shouldn't ignore the good work that Galli and the youth sector have done in recent years, but it should be a foundation on building the long term project at Milan. It's the foundation of building a sustainable long term project.

Just some thoughts, but really I just think before we're looking at specific players we need, we need a project on how the club will operate and what needs to be done for it to work. This is just a very, very high level view of some of the areas I'd want to see considered and the steps necessary to rebuild.
Well that is perfect.I mean perfect.Id hope the Chinese are as smart.
Thanks, but in all honesty it just seems common sense to me, I don't see anything special about it beyond it just offers a little clarity on where I think the focus should be.

That's the problem though, these days with Milan even a little common sense feels like going beyond the realms of normality.
If the Chinese take over, it'll be a frenzy...especially in China and the Chinese fan base! The best way to capitalize on all of that excitement and to keep it going in order to capitalize financially on it, is to make a couple of signature buys. I fully expect for them to go after a couple of huge names if they take over.

Having said that, I agree with Dev too. That shouldn't be the only focus. Fixing the club inside out is the most important part.
According to Corriere Dello Sport says Milan are on the verge of signing Tonny Vilhena, who was captain of the Dutch U21 side and is a very talented midfielder. He'd come for free too, being out of contract. Unsurprisingly, I believe his agent is Raiola, but Vilhena's one who I wouldn't mind being picked up.
Vilhena was doing great a couple of years ago and he was the hot property in Holland....before people were even following Depay! But he has slowly been declining in exposure and hasn't been performing that great. Still, the talent is present. I don't know that he'll even be a world class midfielder. I'm not even sure if he'll be a solid option in the middle for a team in the big leagues. He's been disappointing lately.

This to me seems like another Ely deal! Vilhena's contract is expiring and there aren't too many clubs interested in him....at least not ones that have money. So Galliani will do Raiola a favor and sign Vilhena to boost his value. In the meantime, the agent and administration fees will probably be another 7-8mil and in the end, everyone makes a little bit of money and everyone is happy! Except for us, the fans, who will get shafted again! But hey, we better not speak up because we'll be branded ungrateful again.

Galliani has no shame! We can expect anything!
nefremo I agree last season was a disappointment after his breakout year 2 years ago, but I thought this season was one where's he's recovered some of what made him stand out 2 years ago.

There's quite a lot of interest in the Premiership for him, interestingly, Leicester have been very closely linked to him, while Koeman at Southampton wants him there. Bear in mind Koeman was the one who helped him break through at Feyenoord.
Well if Gaĺiani is out there attempting to sign free 0layers it doesnt bode bell behind the scenes for the club being sold.Today is the day where Berlu must give the Chinese an answer.
I expect today to come and go with no answer or decision or anything.Then the papers will next Friday then after the Coppa...you see what Im saying .