Summer Mercato 2016
The last news concerning the Chinese takeover are the following :
- they want Emery and want him to be a manager (like in Premier League - he plays a major role to identify the players he needs), not "just" a coach
- they would immediately give a [100-200]M budget for this summer mercato

If the budget is near 100M : we can buy one quality player for each department (one defender, one midfielder, one striker).
If the budget is closer from the 200M : we can easily buy one quality player for each department + one or two star players (midfield / attack)
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
100-200 mil is a huge budget....even on the lower end of that, we should be able to upgrade the squad without many problems like you said.

I wish that we can sell some of the current players before this takeover is official. I'm afraid that some players simply won't want to leave if they see that there is a serious plan in place to bring Milan back to the top.

If we were to put a ballpark price to some of those players that Jay posted on the previous page, I'd say:

Benatia - 20 (minimum)
Glik - 12 (apparently this is the price, and dortmund is offering 8....in any case, I personally don't rate him high at all. No better than Zapata)
Kovacic - loan (apparently)
Witsel - 20-25
Ibra - free (but probably comes along with a huge agent fee, signing fee, whatever it's called)
Vasquez - 20 (but I can see this one go for lower than that 17/18, or slightly higher 22/23)
Lucas Lima - 20 (this is a wild guess, but it can be a bit lower or higher....I do think it'll be around that number though)
Pavoletti - 8-10
Mata - 30 (minimum)
Depay 30 (around that)
Bruno Peres 20? (i recently saw a report that said PSG and Roma want the player and his cost is 20mil)

i think all those prices are within a reasonable range. A budget of at least 100mil can get quite a few players from this list specifically, but obviously we'll probably end up with players that are not on this list anyway. Big Grin

If I was to expand this, I'd add players like Rafinha (I'd say his price is at least 25-30mil in today's prices), Coric (I'd guess he'll go for somewhere around 20), Boufal (the said price is apparently 20 mil), Ben Arfa (free), Koziello (maybe around 15?, depending on interest from others), Oliver Torres (at least 20-25), Matic (25-30), Sissoko (around 15-20), Mammana (10-12).

Either way, my point is that with that kind of budget, we can considerably strengthen the side with some quality players. You can make a combination of any 3-4 from those players and you are only at around 100-120 depending on which ones you pick. It just takes competent management and as long as Galliani doesn't go around making deals with his friends, we should be ok.

By the way...just saw Englang vs Portugal and Renato Sanches entered the game in the second half......and wow. All of a sudden, the money Bayern spent on him doesn't seem all that crazy to me anymore. I had seen a little bit from him here and there, but he really has a full package of abilities. I wonder who is leaving Bayern. They are absolutely stacked at this point.
“All I can say is that Carlos is happy at Milan, playing at a big club that is popular in Italy. However, Milan will not play in European competition next year and this could be a problem.”

why does this have to take so long.....can't berlu hurry and sell the club
Do we have link with Lucas Lima previously or is it one of your wishlist? I checked his youtube, I like his style of play, playmaker with few fancy footsteps Smile he is very direct and has great vision.
We have been linked to Lucas Lima in the past, a few times. Recently however, those links have died out....so I guess it's a personal preference. I know there are others in the forum that like the player, I know Dev speaks highly of him.
€100m should be enough to upgrade the squad.But with the talk that Galliani will stay on this mercato at least , then it prob wont be enough.I mean €100m to Galliani could mean Pavoletti Soriano DeMaio Balotelli Valdifiori some extremely iffy high agent fees and we stay midtable losing €100m while spending near €100m.

With Galliank here €200m wont be enough.
(06-03-2016, 01:58 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: €100m should be enough to upgrade the squad.But with the talk that Galliani will stay on this mercato at least , then it prob wont be enough.I mean €100m to Galliani could mean Pavoletti Soriano DeMaio Balotelli Valdifiori some extremely iffy high agent fees and we stay midtable losing €100m while spending near €100m.

With Galliank here €200m wont be enough.

Can he spend 200m on Genoa players?
May be Berlusconi already owns Genoa behind the scenes Big Grin
(06-03-2016, 03:59 PM)millinarios Wrote: Can he spend 200m on Genoa players?

Well he's tried.
Galliani can always spend all the new fund on improved contracts. Grinundwech