Summer Mercato 2016
I am also hardly dissapointed. This is sooooo below any expected or acceptable level.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(06-29-2016, 11:16 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: Those players that we are linked with today will just change our team, not make it better. So what's the point? I can't believe the Chinese are investing so much money in the club and have no desire to make us better?!? This doesn't make sense to me. Nothing makes sense any more...

which is why I am still skeptical that Milan will be sold.
Milan €100m from Chinese plus whatever from sales.
Pavoletti €20m agent fees €4m.
Vasquez €25m agent fees €6m.
Ljajic €15 agent fees €5m.
Lapadula €9m agent fees €3m.
Konko free agent fees €7m.
Soriano €15m agent fees €5m.
DeMaio €8m agent fees €4m.
Vangioni free agent fees €4m.

Total €130m

--------------------Donnarumma--------------------
Abate--Romagnoli--DeMaio/Zapata/Paletta--Antonelli
--------------Kucka------Montolivo----------------
--Ljajic------------------------------------Bonaventura
---------------------Vasquez----------------------
---------------------Lapadula----------------------

Anywhere from 7th to 13th place...Forza Meelan Forza Galliani
130M and we are still getting nowhere. I could easily build a team competing for CL spot at least in FMSmile
Fair enough Slifersd. Just to say, I don't not want Lukaku, especially if we sell Bacca. I just think we should not touch the strikers at this point. Focus on the midfield/wings. This is the real problem.

About this ridiculous list of players that some papers already have....I would say it's a pure guess at this point. Wasn't Montella open to selling Soriano in the winter? I personally don't want him. He is an average player. More of the same that we already have. 

Rimini, thanks for posting those agent fees. Those are simply unbelievable. How does Galliani still have a job!? I hope that with the Chinese, all of this is monitored a lot better.
We'd better sign only 2 or 3 top quality players for that money. Qualtiy over quantity.
Most of those players being talked about I think would be a waste of time. I do however like Ljajic and Pjaca... Those two would be good pick ups. The other signings would only show that, although the club might be sold, Galliani still has too much influence.
I think us fans will have to be patient with this rebuilding. I know it is hard to do that seeing our dramatic fall from grace the last five years or so, but it is the unfortunate reality that we have to live with. Even with a new ownership that has money, it is going to take time to build up this team's depth and quality over a couple of years at least. If you look at Man City, Chelsea, and PSG, they all had to start their initial couple of years under new regime signing players that are more tier 2 or below players than superstars. As the team gets stronger and stronger, they became bigger attractions and ended up being able to sign the big stars later on. If the takeover is completed, we would essentially be in year 1 of that plan ourselves and the odds of some of the world's finest walking through the door to play for us is probably not that realistic.
Slifersd, for sure...
Here's an example. Why would someone like James Rodriguez come to Milan to earn a max of maybe 6-7 mill say we pushed it to 10, when someone like Shitchester United could offer him 10 straight off the bat and potentially increase that to whatever he wants. Not to mention our lack of European football and not having the talent to fight for a scudetto immediately.
The other side of that is this. Pretend we got him for 60milll - his actualy cost would be greater than that but I chose that figure as an example - that leaves us with 40 left, say we sign witsel for 30 and we've already spent 9 for Lapadulla...
Leaves us with a shit team with a superstar, a potential world class player, and a potential great striker...
better we add depth this year with better but not great players, maybe add 1 of 2 great signings, and leave the superstars for the seasons to come...

Look at Juve... how long did it take them to come back? and how many superstars did they buy? How many did they create...
Haven't been able to post as often this week, just finished writing what will hopefully be my last three university exams before graduating...

Anyhow, a few pages back Dev was talking about Pjaca and mentioned that I also like him. I do, I always have respect for tall, strong players who are quick and good on the dribble. I haven't seen a player who can dribble like him at 6'1 in a while. Another thing about the kid is that he has a very distinct way of moving with the ball like all the best players do. I guess you could say something is special about his game, and personally I like that he's just as good at trequartista role as he is at LW, most players struggle. Bonaventura is great for us at LW, every time we tried him in the middle he was pretty ineffective. One negative in his game that I noticed is he seems to like to dribble and shoot too much at times, but it could turn out a good thing.

In any case, my best friend from playing varsity soccer is Croatian and he's always talking about him and Halilovic. He got me started watching highlights of Pjaca and doing my research here and there because of how highly they rate him. Then again, he said Kramaric would be the next Shevchenko, but it didn't happen that way obviously, so my opinion on Pjaca is purely based on highlights, national team matches, and word of mouth.

Mati Fernandez could sign for us in the week, but more importantly Montella is our new coach. I'll save my exact opinions on him for the thread, but I'll say here that I'm happy - we finally got a coach that COULD give us something to look forward too. He's not an Ancelotti or Pep, but he's not a Brocchi or Inzaghi either, nor a Giampaolo who I rate higher than Brocchi/Inzaghi but under Montella. He's in that category where he's had enough experience between larger and smaller teams to make the step IMO.

Back on Mati Fernandez, I think this could be a good signing. I know he's 30, but I cant imagine him costing too much. I just hope he's not going to be put on a contract longer than 2 years, and that he's not our 'main' midfield signing. I've been saying that we need a player with some flair in our midfield, he'll definitely add that and he's got a great free kick.

Witsel is proving himself in this Euro cup thats for sure. Very physical player but more importantly I'm thoroughly impressed with his passing game - I didn't even know it was that good and I've been advocating we sign him since the very beginning. His agent says he wants CL, I know if the Chinese come that wont matter for him this year, he'll get a good contract and we'll most likely be in CL in the near future.

Also expanding on what porcho was saying, I agree. Juventus was playing with Giaccherini in the starting line-up, and when Barzagli was coming from Palermo people said he was 'old and finished', and Marchisio was simply above average in my opinion before Juve became a better team in general. They signed players like Krasic for big fees but it didn't work for them, players like De Sceglie were also starting. Also we shouldn't forget that nobody made a big deal out of Lichsteiner either, nobody really thought much of the transfer. Simone Pepe was also starting for them, who was average at most, and their attack consisted of Vucicinic and Quagliarella.

My point is, they won the scudetto even with that team because they started to formulate a style. They brought in Vidal for slightly over 10m IIRC, they stole Pirlo, and Pogba. Suddenly, their team became so strong. My point is, we can make a winning team if we do it correctly. One big midfield addition, another good midfielder, and a good CB partner for Romagnoli. Then whichever attackers leave we replace them with the funds.