Week 29: Chievo - Milan (Sunday, March 13 - 12:30 CET)
Early kickoff away against Chievo this Sunday. This is also the day that the clocks "spring forward" in North America so everybody should be prepared to lose an hour of sleepĀ  Dodgy

I haven't really followed Chievo too much this season but I imagine that if we play anything like how we know, we should be able to get the full 3 points. We just need to sort out something with our attackers because without Niang, we have nobody making runs and really troubling the opposition. Bacca and Balo did next to nothing last week against Sassuolo.
Siamo a posto cosi.
The first victory of ten in a row. Proud
Hope so!

I'd be ok with whatever line up as long as it has Menez at the stands! This turd doesn't deserve to put on the shirt this Sunday!
(03-10-2016, 01:11 AM)nefremo Wrote: Hope so!

I'd be ok with whatever line up as long as it has Menez at the stands! This turd doesn't deserve to put on the shirt this Sunday!

This "turd" was our top scorer last season and has recently returned from an eight-month long back injury. Just something to think about as I don't think it's fair to criticize someone who is still far from fit. Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not too concerned about what he was last year! I've supported the guy and still will if he shows that he cares for the shirt! But.....

HE is the one that has something to think about. The effort he put in during the Sassuolo game makes Balotelli look like Gattuso. The problem I have isn't with his match sharpness which clearly and understandably he is lacking, so he misplaced passes and can't get past players yet like we know he can! I understand that and can look past it. But when he misplaces a pass and makes no effort to be part of team defending, when there is a Sassuolo player with the ball 5 yards from him charging towards our half and Menez is "lazy-jogging" behind him (mind you he JUST came into the game so he couldn't be tired yet).....THAT my friend is a problem.

And until he changes that attitude, he WILL be a "turd" for me! That is disrespectful to the colors, to the coach, to his teammates and to the fans. And you can give him a pass because he was our top scorer and best player last year, you can give him a pass for certain things because he was out for months....I will too, as I have no problem for giving him a pass for his misplaced passes, dribbles and clear lack of match sharpness! But I won't give him a pass for ZERO physical effort! That has nothing to do with his long layoff OR him being far from fit! His effort was the same (ZERO) from the moment he entered the game to the final whistle. It had nothing to do with being unfit!

Not arguing with you....just the way I saw his performance/attitude against Sassuolo.
(03-10-2016, 04:19 AM)nefremo Wrote: I'm not too concerned about what he was last year! I've supported the guy and still will if he shows that he cares for the shirt! But.....

HE is the one that has something to think about. The effort he put in during the Sassuolo game makes Balotelli look like Gattuso. The problem I have isn't with his match sharpness which clearly and understandably he is lacking, so he misplaced passes and can't get past players yet like we know he can! I understand that and can look past it. But when he misplaces a pass and makes no effort to be part of team defending, when there is a Sassuolo player with the ball 5 yards from him charging towards our half and Menez is "lazy-jogging" behind him (mind you he JUST came into the game so he couldn't be tired yet).....THAT my friend is a problem.

And until he changes that attitude, he WILL be a "turd" for me! That is disrespectful to the colors, to the coach, to his teammates and to the fans. And you can give him a pass because he was our top scorer and best player last year, you can give him a pass for certain things because he was out for months....I will too, as I have no problem for giving him a pass for his misplaced passes, dribbles and clear lack of match sharpness! But I won't give him a pass for ZERO physical effort! That has nothing to do with his long layoff OR him being far from fit! His effort was the same (ZERO) from the moment he entered the game to the final whistle. It had nothing to do with being unfit!

Not arguing with you....just the way I saw his performance/attitude against Sassuolo.

Well I agree with his attitude towards his game. I do hope that it is something Mihajlovic notices because he has not been shy to correct the mentality of the players. With the correct attitude and match sharpness, he can be a star player for us again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One thing I have noticed about Menez is that as soon as he comes on, he wants to start doing the spectacular. The flashy passes or dribbles. He does not even try to gauge the pace of the game or do a few simple things to get into the flow.

I believe that is why we rarely see him get into the flow as a sub. I really hope that he can get back to form for the remaining part of the season coz we really need those damn 3 points.
I read Montolivo wont recover for the game, like it or not, we need him together with Kuco in the current formation..
Is Adriano available for the game?
All the injuries are making our game tough, but I am not pessimistic. After all, it is only Chievo.

I, also, would rather pair Bacca with Adriano. Though I didn't watch Menez against Sassuolo, I somehow totally understand it when people say that he can be out of system. It was just the same last season, but then he had the perfect excuse of "the whole team sucked and I had no one to pass the ball to". I guess the problem has always been with him. I hope that Mihajlovic can do something about it to get the best out of Menez.
Does anyone still think 3rd is possible? It's obviously possible, but do we have a chance for it?

I think the only way is for us to go a big winning streak. Similar to what Napoli and Juventus have done this season. And even Roma. We gotta win at least 8 or even 9 out of the last 10 to have a chance. Unless The teams in front of us have major meltdown...but it's hard to think that all 3 will do that.

Anyway....lets win this one and hope for some upsets elsewhere.