Winter Transfer Window 2017
Good to know that we still have fans! Big Grin
Someone invite him to MM lol
Maybe he is already here. Wink
Galliani visits, that we know
(09-28-2016, 03:10 AM)reza Wrote: Galliani visits, that we know

I can't even be sure if you are joking or not.  Huh
Joking but Mr. X stuff happened after mentioned on MM, so never know Big Grin
We keep getting linked to Depay. While i was a big supporter of his while he was still in Holland, i gotta admit that it looks like I was wrong. He reminds me of Pato and El Shaarawy in many ways to be honest. Clearly technically gifted, but can't put it to good use on the field. You would expect a player like him to have a good first touch for example, but it's terrible half the time, especially when closely marked. He seems to have lost his ability to take on players (this was never exceptional anyway, but it was a lot better at least) and his confidence is completely shattered.

Having said all that, he is a risk worth taking on a loan with an option.... because he is still young, talented, and can still succeed at the right environment. Also, I always thought he was much better as a SS. It's a shame how coaches seem to always stick technical and "pacey" players out wide. He is too predictable on the left side with and without the ball. He can't really take a player on and due to lack of confidence he doesn't even try. His best performances for Holland were during the WC and when he played as a SS. Gives him a lot more options to move and becomes more unpredictable. Even at PSV, i saw quite a bit of him, and even though on the lineup sheet he was always listed as a wide player....he had the freedom to operate centrally more and use the movements of the striker.

Not sure where he would fit here as we don't use a SS...but again...on a loan, i don't have a problem with this.

When it comes to a wide player though....Keita Balde should be the top target. The kid seems ready to explode. It'll be too late when he actually does...
(09-28-2016, 06:24 PM)nefremo Wrote: We keep getting linked to Depay. While i was a big supporter of his while he was still in Holland, i gotta admit that it looks like I was wrong. He reminds me of Pato and El Shaarawy in many ways to be honest. Clearly technically gifted, but can't put it to good use on the field. You would expect a player like him to have a good first touch for example, but it's terrible half the time, especially when closely marked. He seems to have lost his ability to take on players (this was never exceptional anyway, but it was a lot better at least) and his confidence is completely shattered.

Having said all that, he is a risk worth taking on a loan with an option.... because he is still young, talented, and can still succeed at the right environment. Also, I always thought he was much better as a SS. It's a shame how coaches seem to always stick technical and "pacey" players out wide. He is too predictable on the left side with and without the ball. He can't really take a player on and due to lack of confidence he doesn't even try. His best performances for Holland were during the WC and when he played as a SS. Gives him a lot more options to move and becomes more unpredictable. Even at PSV, i saw quite a bit of him, and even though on the lineup sheet he was always listed as a wide player....he had the freedom to operate centrally more and use the movements of the striker.

Not sure where he would fit here as we don't use a SS...but again...on a loan, i don't have a problem with this.

When it comes to a wide player though....Keita Balde should be the top target. The kid seems ready to explode. It'll be too late when he actually does...

Completely agree... Keita Balde would be my first option for sure. To me he seems less of a risk... He's already playing very well in the same league... just needs to adapt to the team and coach and hopefully step up as a player. Plus he's an actual wide player.

Always Liked Depay but then went to England and got ruined... I think it was a case of going too big too soon which shattered his confidence and he's not been the same since... I like the idea for a loan with option... means we can give him a go and see if he's the right fit before making a move. especially considering Utd will want to recoup as much $$ as possible. 

Any more talk on Fabregas??? I think if we could get him that would go a long way to sorting out our midfield... Although he's not been great recently he'll bring a lot of qualities we've unfortunately been missing for a while.
Looking back on this past summer, the six new players we bought or loaned:
Lapadula (9M euro)
Vangioni (free)
Gomez (8.5M euro)
Jose Sosa (7.5M euro)
Pasalic (loan, 0.2M fee)
Fernandez (loan, 0.8M fee with option to buy)

I really hope that this winter mercato won't be anything like that. Galliani is making sure that he would leave behind enough damage for the new management. Facepalm

Instead of spending a few millions here and there (they add up pretty handsomely!) for several useless or mediocre backup players, I hope that we get one midfielder with high quality that can walk into our starting lineup right away. Just one will make me happy.
Oh that summer mercato was bad.6 bench players signed to a squad stacked with bench quality or below level players already.