Winter Transfer Window 2017
lucashm is there a reason you want Pellegrini that bad? He's a good player from what I've seen (I've mentioned him in this thread a few times), but while I hope we've kept an eye on him, I don't see why you'd want him like you did Hazard.
Verratti's agent again says that he could leave. The articles make it seem like he said Inter or Juventus could be destinations.....but he was forced into those names as the media were pushing him to say it. This is the one Italian player that we should do absolutely everything to sign if possible. He wants the CL, so qualifying for the CL is key. I am hoping that these new Chinese owners are really ready to splash some cash.
(01-03-2017, 01:50 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: lucashm is there a reason you want Pellegrini that bad? He's a good player from what I've seen (I've mentioned him in this thread a few times), but while I hope we've kept an eye on him, I don't see why you'd want him like you did Hazard.

Well, for starters, he is italian and that matters alot to me. Also, his technical skills are amazing, his dribbling is excelent, aswell as his passing, and when he is on song, he takes the game by the scruff of the neck and really takes control of the game, and that, is not even mentioning his age, 20 years, which makes him a potential invaluable asset for the next 10 years atleast.
He is not as good as Hazard was when he was his age(obviously),but IMO he is excelent and he brings something that we are missing in midfield.
Pavoletti and Rincon to Napoli and Juve ...even with the rumours for weeks those are pretty fast becoming official.

Obviously someone like Verratti would be huge but I don't see cash being the only obstacle, so even if we have CL and cash now, summer or whenever it will very hard to compete for players of that calibre.

Also Draxler to PSG for 40 million.
Cash seems to be THE MOST important thing these days. No matter how much players deny it, it is the key to everything. Just look at the Chinese clubs. Of course, they have to massively overpay not only double the fair market values, but triple and quadruple those....but again, the point is, cash makes it happen.

Obviously, you give yourself a better chance if you offer more than just money...but luckily Milan CAN be in the position to offer more. What I mean is, cash will open up the other doors too. For example, we sign a couple of star players (using money from the Chinese), get back into the CL, challenge for Serie A, hopefully challenge for the CL...that leads to Milan being a desirable club even for the biggest superstars again. Hate to say it, but it all starts with money. Take Verratti as an example......he may prefer Juventus, but if Milan is the one paying 100mil to PSG, they will sell to Milan. If even Juventus offers the same to PSG and if he still has doubts....if Milan is the one offering him 12mil Euro per year wages compared to Juventus's let's say 5,6,7mil.....he will choose Milan. It's as simple as that. he may pass on wages that are 1-2 mil more than what Juventus offers, but he won't give up on let's say double the wages. Obviously I am talking ridiculous figures that I have no idea if we will be able to even afford let alone willing to spend.....but my point being is, money can make anything happen.
The Chinese clubs these days are indeed spending obscene amount of money, but I don't know if they will do that for Milan. For one, they don't own us yet.
(01-03-2017, 02:42 PM)nefremo Wrote: Verratti's agent again says that he could leave. The articles make it seem like he said Inter or Juventus could be destinations.....but he was forced into those names as the media were pushing him to say it. This is the one Italian player that we should do absolutely everything to sign if possible. He wants the CL, so qualifying for the CL is key. I am hoping that these new Chinese owners are really ready to splash some cash.

First off, Verratti wants to win CL, in this case, CL football won't be enough for him.Our chances depends on squad we will have next season. Second off, All of top 3 teams are after Verratti. Bayern, Real and Barca all want him, which makes İnter's or Juve's chances minimize. l don't know why Bayern or Real is after him. since both of them doesn't need him. However Barca needs a İniesta replacement.

After all, l think PSG won't sell him since l talked to some PSG fans. According to them, Sheikh won't let him leave until his contract ends.Verratti wants to leave? They won't care about his will, as long as he has a contract with them until 2022.

We should go for more realistic and cheaper options. We could have bought 4-5 top talents who can be world class in short term, instead 2 world class players, that's why l'd prefer Dahoud and Keita to Verratti.
(01-03-2017, 05:16 PM)xudong Wrote: The Chinese clubs these days are indeed spending obscene amount of money, but I don't know if they will do that for Milan. For one, they don't own us yet.

You know why they paid 60 m pounds for Oscar while they could have bought him for 20-25 m euros? FFP Trick or something?
(01-03-2017, 05:19 PM)Rimini Wrote: You know why they paid 60 m pounds for Oscar while they could have bought him for 20-25 m euros? FFP Trick or something?

We have the best negotiator in world football in Marina Granovskaia, and honestly, we wouldnt have accepted 25M, he was not playing but he still could have been usefull, hell, we rejected 80M for him last January because he was still on our plans. Chelsea simply doesnt sell players cheap, even the ones we want to sell,the ones we want to keep we dont sell,period.
That´s why the Chinese had to massively overpay
(01-03-2017, 05:17 PM)Rimini Wrote: First off, Verratti wants to win CL, in this case, CL football won't be enough for him.Our chances depends on squad we will have next season. Second off, All of top 3 teams are after Verratti. Bayern, Real and Barca all want him, which makes İnter's or Juve's chances minimize. l don't know why Bayern or Real is after him. since both of them doesn't need him. However Barca needs a İniesta replacement.

After all, l think PSG won't sell him since l talked to some PSG fans. According to them, Sheikh won't let him leave until his contract ends.Verratti wants to leave? They won't care about his will, as long as he has a contract with them until 2022.

We should go for more realistic and cheaper options. We could have bought 4-5 top talents who can be world class in short term, instead 2 world class players, that's why l'd prefer Dahoud and Keita to Verratti.
 I am not saying that Verratti is realistic at the moment. But if the Chinese are willing to spend massive amounts of money like they say than he will become a realistic option for sure. 
About other clubs wanting him...doesn't really matter. Money talks. Everyone also wanted Pogba...but in the end nobody was willing to pay the obscene amount of money that Juventus, Pogba, and Raiola all wanted...except Maun U, and that's where he went.