Winter Transfer Window 2017
I agree. I also think guys like Aubameyang are pure fantasy. I don't know about Isco though. He just rejected a renewal from Madrid and it will depend on who else is interested and how much they are willing to pay. I think if we overpay, we can have him. For example, offer Real 70mil for him....because in reality, no other club (other than a Chinese one) would offer anything more than 35-40, max 50. Is it worth it or not? I don't know...but to have a crack at Isco type names we'll have to dish out way more than the fair market value.

The reason I am separating Aguero/Aubameyang/Verratti from Isco, is because those players can't even be signed by overpaying. They already cost close to 100mil, so how much are we going to overpay? Doesn't make sense. So players that cost around 30-40mil, we can definitely buy no matter who they are....just on the basis of overpaying. Prime exapmle is China. Nobody thought Oscar would go there...but look at what happened.
I'm with Xudong, I'd be more inclined to keep Poli(he'd be happier with a bench position) and sell off Kucka. Miha loves the bloke, so see if we can send him there...
Nefremo is spot on. All those guys need to go... I'd love to get my hands on Kessie plus a World class Mid. Not sure Isco is the right option though(I know you said it was just a suggestion) I suppose it all comes down to who we could get but I'd be inclined to spend the extra and get Verratti and build the midfield around him... Verratti, Bonaventura, Locatelli/Kassie - That's a pretty awesome midfield.
(02-09-2017, 09:18 PM)nefremo Wrote: I agree. I also think guys like Aubameyang are pure fantasy. I don't know about Isco though. He just rejected a renewal from Madrid and it will depend on who else is interested and how much they are willing to pay. I think if we overpay, we can have him. For example, offer Real 70mil for him....because in reality, no other club (other than a Chinese one) would offer anything more than 35-40, max 50.  Is it worth it or not? I don't know...but to have a crack at Isco type names we'll have to dish out way more than the fair market value.

The reason I am separating Aguero/Aubameyang/Verratti from Isco, is because those players can't even be signed by overpaying. They already cost close to 100mil, so how much are we going to overpay? Doesn't make sense. So players that cost around 30-40mil, we can definitely buy no matter who they are....just on the basis of overpaying. Prime exapmle is China. Nobody thought Oscar would go there...but look at what happened.

I'm not sure that Verratti is untouchable. he currently is, only because he doesnt want to leave. But a chat, explaining we're building the team to suit him, and all of a sudden he might want to leave and PSG would then actually listen to offers...

I'd love Aguero/Aubameyang but not sure we want to start making the same mistakes as before. I would rather a slow progression and we're set for the next 10-20 years as compared to signing all the best players... winning plenty in the next 5 and then the Chinese jump ship because they've spent over 500mill and got little in return.

I would rather us use Kucka and $$ to get our hands on Belotti. Build a Milan for the future as opposed to one trying to win Serie A in a season.
Oh I would love to get Verratti! He is one of my favorite players and my number 1 wish! I would pay whatever for him if it was me. The problem is that I just don't think it's possible and it's completely unrealistic this summer for the reasons I stated above. I agree with Jay, I think we are some ways off from being able to buy players like Verratti/Aubameyang, etc.

I think Isco is the right caliber player. Ready to be a definite starter for most clubs in the world, is a big name already, and backs up the name with talent. Rumors are that he is ready to leave this summer, but just like Alcantara when he left Barca, he is going to want to go to a stable and big club that's fighting for big things. We are still a big club (at least in theory), but we are not stable and we don't fight for big things anymore. Hopefully these last 2 things change with the new ownership and new resources and we can lure a player like Isco here. The only way to beat the competition however, is to massively overpay, which I am fine with. It's just what we have to do. I'm not putting too much hope in it though.

I think the most realistic options, are the ones like for example Dahoud. A very good player (and only 21) but not yet established as world class and won't cost "too" much, which means that we can safely overpay to beat the competition and get a great player in return. I would be more than ok with this too. Others like him are maybe guys like N'Zonzi who I think has a 30mil release clause (might be wrong on this?). Kovacic is perhaps another one that can go on this list.

A perfect summer market imo, that's also realistic (somewhat at least) would be:
- Manolas (Roma will sell, but we'll have to pay 45mil...seeing as players like Stones go for that much and lack of other realistic options, I would totally do it)
- R. Rodriguez (is it true that he has a clause that allows him to leave for 20mil?)
- Dahoud (30mil)
- N'Zonzi (30mil)
- Douglas Costa (40mil - I know that some will say he is not realistic...but he is Brazilian - totally stereotyping I know - and he will go where he (and Joorabchian) gets the most money as he's proven to do so far in his career and by the comments in the last week or so. Also, clubs like Barca, Real, PSG, Utd, City, Chelsea, Juve, Inter are not sniffing around at this point)

We should be able to cover most of that with the new investment of the Chinese (150 mil or so if rumors are correct). The rest can be covered by some sales (Niang, Kucka, Sosa, Zapata) and plus:
- If Deulofeu proves himself, than maybe we can see what the possibility of retaining him is (who knows, maybe even another paid loan or something or just a "low" fee
- If Bacca is sold, maybe we can look at the market and see what's available in terms of a replacement with that money

With this we are are covering all our needs. 1 CB, 1 LB, 2 CMs, and 1 Winger that can play on either side.
I think we are more than capable of attracting players like Verratti. When PSG changed ownership, the first thing they did was to sign big name players such as Ibra, Thiago Silva, and Cavani. When Man City changed ownership, they bought Fernandinho, Jovetic, and Navas all within a space of one season. Attracting players of Isco's calibre won't be an issue because of not only the incoming cash flow, but also Milan's European status which is something these two clubs never really had. Point is, I think we have a reason to believe this summer's mercato will definitely be one to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My problem with ISco isn't his ability. He's great. I just don't think he's the kind of player we need, that's all. I'd rather see the other two you mentioned.

Monolas would be awesome but we'll probably get screwed by Roma... We paid 20 for Berto, and they didnt want him, they'll probbaly try screw us out of more than 40mill... I'd actually love to get De Vrij although he might also be an expensive option
R. Rodriguez would be awesome!
Dahoud - for the cost I'd rather take Tielemans. For me I've seen more from him than I have Dahoud and he's younger.
N'Zonzi would be perfect.
I would still try get Kassie... it would leave us with N'zonzi and Bonaventura as sure bets and Dahoud/Tielemans, Kassie, and Locatelli for the future! All different style players.
Douglas Costa is totally realistic... I don't think he's happy at Bayern. Backup would be Keita if we don't keep Deulofeu.
Deulofeu I think has the potential to be great, only time will tell. But if it works out it would be good. Not sure Barca would want him back and we could negotiate a decent deal out of Everton I think.
I still think we need to add say Belotti to replace Bacca... Bacca definitely needs to go and not sure Lapadulla is up to the task to lead our attack.
That reminds me... has anyone seem how Jose Mauri's done when he's played at Empoli? I thought he did quite well the few times he actually played last season
I've seen a few Empoli games and he wasn't playing. Quick search now says he's only made 8 appearances for them...
I watched him against Juventus, he played pretty decent... I forgot we had him lol.
(02-10-2017, 02:41 AM)nefremo Wrote: I've seen a few Empoli games and he wasn't playing. Quick search now says he's only made 8 appearances for them...

disappointing...
That's one thing I think we do poorly... we have the habit of sending our players to teams who end up rarely playing them. Better to send guys like Mauri, Mastour to Serie B and have them kill it, then go to Empoli, Malaga/Zwolle and sit on the bench.