Matchday 23: Milan - Sampdoria (Sunday, February 5 - 12:30 CET)
Match thread started! Can't write anything in depth as I'm doing this off my phone (not that I typically do anyway Grinundwech). Need to string some wins together to not drift too far from the European places but the injuries will certainly make things difficult. Might be a good time to dig into our Primavera?
Siamo a posto cosi.
There's speculation that Sosa will replace Locateli in start line up.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Well, we got really lucky last weekend that from our competitors for European places, only Inter took the full 3 points. This means that there is still the slightest of hopes that we can fight for 3rd place, but we have to string 4-5 wins together. The next 2 against Sampdoria and Bologna are a must.

Bonaventura is a huge loss obviously. Our hopes rest on Suso and Deulofeu imo. If Deulofeu can be a factor in our attack and Suso can carry his form into this second half of the season, than I think we have a real chance at the EL.

It hasn't been all doom and gloom lately though. Some of the performances were party excellent. The only performance where we were honestly bad was vs Udinese.
Points haven't been arriving, but if we play like we did against Napoli (not the first 15 mins) for example than I think the points will also arrive.

I hope that Vangioni plays. If he is not good enough to play when he is the ONLY left back available, than whoever scouted this guy needs to be fired immediately.
Gazzetta has joined Sky in predicting Romagnoli as LB, no Vangioni. Unbelievable that Galliani can look at this line up without being ashamed.
So who will take Romagnoli's position? Zapata?
It gets worse, Abate is a doubt too so prediction is

Romagnoli Paletta Zapata Kucka

or I guess a 3-5-2, lol what a mess
It will be Poli as left back like in past.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Poli can be RB. Won't be a big loss compared to Abate these days. O
I think Romagnoli was set to play LB tomorrow regardless of how good Vangioni is (unless he was exceptional, which obviously isn't the case). The reason is I think we're going with 3-5-2, with Abate (or now Kucka) pushing up out wide. This makes tactical sense, as Giampaolo's Sampdoria play 4-3-1-2, so having 3 at the back means we have a spare defender while covering both forwards (especially important knowing Muriel's pace, which is why Zapata will probably feature). Of course, Montella can't say it's a change in shape given Silvio's still president and won't accept a 3 man defence, plus it makes no sense to announce our system to the opposition.

This makes sense for other reasons, such as stretching Sampdoria in wide areas, which is vital given they play extremely narrow in the press, so stretching them while not being numerically outnumbered in midfield is important.

Two other decisions should be made imo. On Football-Italia I read Locatelli may be dropped in favour of Sosa due to his recent mistakes, which I'm against as yes he's made mistakes, but performances haven't been poor overall. He needs patience and confidence and I see no benefit in dropping him, I certainly don't have confidence in Sosa or Bertolacci doing any better.

The other decision imo is whether Bacca starts tomorrow. If I'm right about the tactical game then I think whoever is up front for us will be in for a tough game as unless we can press Sampdoria's backline consistently (which is tough, just ask Napoli and Roma), then it will be a forward against at least 2 defenders. I think given Bacca's style and his recent performances, we may be better off giving Lapadula the start tomorrow due to his workrate and battling qualities.
Milan: Donnarumma; Kucka, Zapata, Paletta, Romagnoli; Pasalic, Sosa, Bertolacci; Suso, Bacca, Deulofeu

Milan bench: Storari, Lapadula, Honda, Ocampos, Mati Fernandez, Gomez, Poli, Abate, Vangioni, Locatelli, Calabria

Sampdoria: Viviano; Bereszynski, Silvestre, Skriniar, Regini; Barreto, Torreira, Praet; Bruno Fernandes; Quagliarella, Muriel

Sampdoria bench: Puggioni, Krapikas, Dodo, Alvarez, Schick, Linetty, Palombo, Pavlovic, Cigarini, Budimir, Tomic
Siamo a posto cosi.