The Toy DB
First of all, this is NOT spam. I've asked Reza's permission to do this and if there are any objections, please let me know and I will request this thread be removed.

I've been rather busy of late working on a personal project, hence I've not been posting as much, but thought it would be good to share it here on MM. It's called The Toy DB and a small team of us have built a new website which people with any interest in toys can hopefully enjoy.

At The Toy DB we hope to bring people together to help and support each other and share experiences and ideas, whilst meeting new people and having fun!

We aim to do this on the site by providing a resource where visitors can come to find information about toys. The toy industry is extremely large, with numerous manufacturers and products in the market. For people looking to purchase toys for kids, friends, family or just for themselves, it can be overwhelming and daunting to find the right item. We intend for the site to become a valuable place to help people make informed decisions.

With this in mind we begin today with over 16,000 toys listed on the site and intend to continue our work to add to that list (actually this number should increase quite significantly soon). Not only do we want to provide information, but we ask that you too be involved in making this one of the best resources for toys on the web; by commenting on purchases you’ve made and rating the toys that you have bought or used. In the very near future, we also intend to add a forum where discussions can take place around various topics.

We hope to develop and grow organically by asking our supporters to help evolve the site with their ideas. We value your input to help us deliver the best experience, as the foundation of this project will be the community.

Please come visit us at:

Please note that given my history on this forum, I have made this the first place to announce the site publicly. There's still a lot in work as we strive to improve the site with a number of plans for the future. Any feedback you can share would be very welcome! Big Grin

Thanks, Dev

PS - Performance is a little hit and miss at the moment, mostly thanks to our host. Hopefully this will be improved over time and if need be, we will consider another host altogether.
Good luck Dev
Good luck Dev Smile
Good luck, Dev!
Siamo a posto cosi.
First of all, thanks all, any support is much appreciated.

Please don't hesitate to share any thoughts you have on the site, what's good and what's bad, we're looking to learn and improve as we're going along.

Also, if any of you have any interest in the subject matter (even if it's just you buy toys as gifts for others), then it'd be great to see you sign up and get involved. Please also pass word of mouth on the site to anyone you think might have an interest in going there, as mentioned, we're looking to grow organically and build a community.

I've mentioned it to Reza already, but we will be formally announcing the site on various social media outlets in the coming days, so will share more details when that happens.
Really cool Dev. I don't know much about toys and the only time I have anything to do with toys is when I'm shopping for nieces and nephews. Having said that, I am 31 and recently married and the wife is already dropping hints about kids, so soon enough I am sure I will be searching this website often. Big Grin
I wish it was up before Christmas time as it would have saved me some trouble of searching Amazon and wondering if what I'm looking at is worth it or not.

I think once people start posting videos and pictures of toys, the information will be that much better.

What's the direction you guys are trying to take this? Just purely informational?..... or are you looking to eventually be known for reviewing toys.....kind of like websites that review movies for example.

I'll definitely be spreading the word out to a few people that I know will be very interested in a website like this.

Good luck with it. Looks very cool and it's a good idea.
(02-11-2017, 12:20 AM)nefremo Wrote: Really cool Dev. I don't know much about toys and the only time I have anything to do with toys is when I'm shopping for nieces and nephews. Having said that, I am 31 and recently married and the wife is already dropping hints about kids, so soon enough I am sure I will be searching this website often. Big Grin
I wish it was up before Christmas time as it would have saved me some trouble of searching Amazon and wondering if what I'm looking at is worth it or not.

I think once people start posting videos and pictures of toys, the information will be that much better.

What's the direction you guys are trying to take this? Just purely informational?..... or are you looking to eventually be known for reviewing toys.....kind of like websites that review movies for example.

I'll definitely be spreading the word out to a few people that I know will be very interested in a website like this.

Good luck with it. Looks very cool and it's a good idea.

Congratulations, man! Big Grin
Thanks Xu. It's not so bad so far. Big Grin
First of all, congratulations nefremo, that's fantastic news and I wish you and your wife all the best.

Thanks for the feedback. The site is designed to be an infomediary site, one where consumers can have information regarding products to help make purchasing decisions. Obviously, we offer people the chance to rate products, but any opinions on the site, whether it be from users, from external sources or even from us (should we go into reviewing ourselves) will be explicitly stated as such.

Just to confirm, in case of any confusion, we aren't an infomediary site which stores and sells consumer trends or information (infomediary is often defined this way too).

Thanks for sharing the word about the site, it is much appreciated. We're not actually "live" yet, as I was keen to use MM almost as a beta test to see how people react to the site in it's current form. The feedback we've had has been excellent so far and so we will be looking to sort out some of the issues found before announcing it formally.

All of the support here has been fantastic, I really appreciate the kind words everyone has had thus far.
I frequent a site for video games and a lot of the members have an inner kid so like toys and all that jazz.Let us know when its live to everyone I'll share it on there too.
Best of luck with it Dev