Summer transfer window 2017
(07-12-2017, 07:46 AM)slifersd Wrote: You are probably right in that people hate on Bayern because they are the only team in Germany who has the resources to do this. But again, how is this their fault? Dortmund had their chances to build a sustainable team, and blew it; same thing with Wolfsburg, Leverkusen and Schalke. Not trying to target you or anything, but it sounds like people think Bayern should try to suck just because the rest of the league isn't up to their standards. 

The Dortmund players weren't exactly "poached". They were sold by a team that always sell its stars, and for the most part, were pretty well compensated for it. Gotze was sold for almost 40M and Hummels 35M. Those price tags are hardly cheap, especially when you consider that Bundesliga teams very rarely get massive paydays even when they sell their stars to foreign teams. The only one you can say was poached was Lewandowski, since he went to Bayern for free. But that was due to Dortmund insisting on keeping Lewandowski that extra year instead of collecting money from Bayern for the sale. I am not saying Bayern is the perfect little angel in the mercato, but they do their business in a pretty professional matter for the most part from what I can see.

Not saying it is their fault. More pointing out why they get the hate. I personally don't mind, never been a huge fan but dislike them less now because of Carlo...

Bayern had the deals with the players wrapped up, they then put in an offer for the players and the players said they wanted to leave... Maybe not poached but not overly ethical business either... Lewa was Dortmunds fault, we all knew how that going to end...

They don't exactly do anything illegal, but also don't really play nice either. In some cases, sure... it happens. But it seems like most of their big signings have come that way and ended up leaving a sour taste in the selling clubs mouths...
(07-12-2017, 01:23 AM)Stitch Wrote: I strongly disagree. Bayern is the perfect example of a team that screws everybody just because they can. They buy everything that is good in Germany and often bench them, just so that those players wouldnt play against them. There is no club in the world that screws the rest of the league as hard as Gayern screws Bundesliga. That is why its a football miracle every time someone else wins the trophy.

To be fair all most all best players in Germany want to play for Bayern: better paid, more chance to win tittles, and less risky than going abroad. Bayern simply couldn't buy them if they didn't want to join.

According to the following list, Bayern is not even the team that spend the most money on buying players in Bundesliga

Bundesliga teams with most players bought from the Bundesliga and total cost [Transfermarkt]

[Image: DDvnofMXgAAD-3j.jpg]

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/88...30/photo/1
(07-12-2017, 06:57 AM)sylrus Wrote: agree, would like mauri being given a chance as a rotational rather than sosa tbh
I am not sure if we should keep him or loan him out again. He was not starter in Empoli last season and this is not a good sign to make him as a backup for our starting line-up. He played well vs Lugano but it was Lugano and only a friendly game. Another loan spell in Serie might be better for his development.
I agree with Sosa. Experienced players should not make many mistakes, what concerns about them should be only their age (stamina) which means they could help us a lot if we use them wisely (not as regular staters due to their age).
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(07-12-2017, 07:59 AM)porcho Wrote: Not saying it is their fault. More pointing out why they get the hate. I personally don't mind, never been a huge fan but dislike them less now because of Carlo...

Bayern had the deals with the players wrapped up, they then put in an offer for the players and the players said they wanted to leave... Maybe not poached but not overly ethical business either... Lewa was Dortmunds fault, we all knew how that going to end...

They don't exactly do anything illegal, but also don't really play nice either. In some cases, sure... it happens. But it seems like most of their big signings have come that way and ended up leaving a sour taste in the selling clubs mouths...

Let's not be in denial : isn't it exactly what Fassone and Mirabelli have done so far on this mercato ?
Especially with the players who were already in Serie A : we used the same modus operandi for Conti, Biglia and Kessie (most obvious is the first two).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
People here just love to bash Bayern because of abbeyleeSagrin
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(07-12-2017, 07:46 AM)slifersd Wrote: The Dortmund players weren't exactly "poached". They were sold by a team that always sell its stars, and for the most part, were pretty well compensated for it. Gotze was sold for almost 40M and Hummels 35M. Those price tags are hardly cheap, especially when you consider that Bundesliga teams very rarely get massive paydays even when they sell their stars to foreign teams. The only one you can say was poached was Lewandowski, since he went to Bayern for free. But that was due to Dortmund insisting on keeping Lewandowski that extra year instead of collecting money from Bayern for the sale. I am not saying Bayern is the perfect little angel in the mercato, but they do their business in a pretty professional matter for the most part from what I can see.

See, this is where you contradict yourself. You first blame Dortmund because they "always sell their stars", (Gotze, Hummels) and then you blame them for one case when they didnt want to sell (Lewandowski). They sold the first two, not because they WANTED to cash in on them, but because the players wanted to go there. And the one time they didnt want to give in, they ended up losing the player for free. I mean, what do you want them to do? To settle being feeder club for Gayern?
There is simply no way to build a sustainable team in a league with a team that is so much stronger financially than everyone else.

And dont compare them to Milan, please. The players we bought this summer are gonna be the base of our rebuilding project, they're not gonna be benched for some megastars we already have on the same positions.

EDIT: True, its not all Gayern's fault, some of the blame is on the players who prefer to sit and get paid instead of playing time.
lucas leiva is free agent? i wish gali still here, he would jump on him with no hesitation. i would love to have him in milan.
and now we are linked with casemiro, i think this is a bit over the top, although it is a possibilities.
also schik just failed his medical according to juve, maybe he can be the new target.
(07-12-2017, 10:54 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: People here just love to bash Bayern because of abbeyleeSagrin

Sagrin he is legend
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(07-12-2017, 10:54 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: People here just love to bash Bayern because of abbeyleeSagrin

Bayern (and United and Inter) have been my least fave team since decades but you are right Devilol
(07-12-2017, 12:57 PM)reza Wrote: Bayern (and United and Inter) have been my least fave team since decades but you are right  Devilol

Cant believe you forgot Uefalona  Sagrin