Summer mercato 2012
free players are not really free. their wages are going to be astronomical. considering the tax that usually falls on the club, a free player almost always ends up more expensive. I am sure the battle for De Rossi is going to be brutal. I doubt we can be confident.

With Montolivo, I would still keep Mark von Bommel for one more year. He is a reliable backup. We can't let go everybody in the midfield. To me, Gattuso can stay for one year, but only if he fully recovers. Ambrosini should go.

I still don't understand why we are not linked with Hernanes. Again and again, he shows that he is a worth player and could lift Milan to a higher level; and he is not expensive. The rate that we are easily linked with every possible player in the world but not Hernanes baffles me. He would just kick Seedorf out of our squad.

Keep in mind that Merkel will go back to Genoa this summer when the two clubs will have to decide his future. He is not guaranteed a Milan player just yet.

and yes, if we had Hernanes, De Rossi, Montolivo, and Tevez, we would become a legitimate contender for 2013 CL trophy, and yes, it is our main target, consider it will be held at Wembley, the same (in a way) stadium in which C. Maldini lifted Milan's first ever CL trophy exactly half a century ago.
aka xudong
(02-02-2012, 04:18 PM)xudong Wrote: I still don't understand why we are not linked with Hernanes.

We can't be linked with all players ... Big Grin
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Inzaghi has already confirmed he's leaving (quitting?) in June, so "ditching" him will be no issue. I can't stop thinking that he could still do something for us in the CL this term. I mean, he still IS mr. Champions League and has proven that last year.

SUPERPIPPO
(02-02-2012, 05:30 PM)GeoTav Wrote:
(02-02-2012, 04:18 PM)xudong Wrote: I still don't understand why we are not linked with Hernanes.

We can't be linked with all players ... Big Grin

+1 How could we realistically hope for Hernanes? B&G wouldn't even pay € 1M to loan Palombo and chose a free Muntari instead Wallbang

Oh and about Pippo, he's not even included in the revised CL list so sadly he's as good as gone now.
per l'amaro e il dolce
(02-02-2012, 05:34 PM)mathiask Wrote: I can't stop thinking that he could still do something for us in the CL this term. I mean, he still IS mr. Champions League and has proven that last year.

HuhHuh

Milan have added Maxi Lopez, Djamel Mesbah and Stephan El Shaarawy to their Champions League squad. Taiwo, Cassano, & Gattuso OFF.
Pippo Inzaghi still finds no space for the Champions League.

UCL Milan squad:
Abbiati, Amelia, Roma; Abate, Antonini, Bonera, De Sciglio, Mesbah, Mexes, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Yepes, Zambrotta; Ambrosini, Aquilani, Boateng, Emanuelson, Merkel (B List), Nocerino, Seedorf, Van Bommel; El Shaarawy, Ibrahimovic, Maxi Lopez, Pato, Robinho
(02-02-2012, 06:29 PM)ElMago99 Wrote:
(02-02-2012, 05:34 PM)mathiask Wrote: I can't stop thinking that he could still do something for us in the CL this term. I mean, he still IS mr. Champions League and has proven that last year.

HuhHuh

Milan have added Maxi Lopez, Djamel Mesbah and Stephan El Shaarawy to their Champions League squad. Taiwo, Cassano, & Gattuso OFF.
Pippo Inzaghi still finds no space for the Champions League.

UCL Milan squad:
Abbiati, Amelia, Roma; Abate, Antonini, Bonera, De Sciglio, Mesbah, Mexes, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Yepes, Zambrotta; Ambrosini, Aquilani, Boateng, Emanuelson, Merkel (B List), Nocerino, Seedorf, Van Bommel; El Shaarawy, Ibrahimovic, Maxi Lopez, Pato, Robinho

Don't you think it's sad that he isn't included in our CL squad ? The guy's an intelligent football player ! He still pops up in places where the opponent does not expect him and that 's exactly what we could use in the CL during a slow build up. He's old, but not useless.
Of course he's not useless. It's hard to tell what he can do, because he never plays. IMO it's Allegri who's proving to be useless, but let's not go there.
(02-02-2012, 10:24 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: Of course he's not useless. It's hard to tell what he can do, because he never plays. IMO it's Allegri who's proving to be useless, but let's not go there.

If Allegri is useless it's not because he didn't include an over-the-top 38 year old striker in the CL squad. People were happy we didn't sign Tevez because he hadn't played competitive matches for a few months, but what has Inzaghi done during the same months? Nothing. I have a lot of respect for what Pippo has done for us over the years and his enthusiasm, but it's not enough anymore. He should have left in January and can't expect to play much more.
Tom Brady was selected with pick #199, a compensatory pick, in the sixth round of the 2000 NFL Draft.

In Brady's ten seasons as a starter, the Patriots have earned trips to the Super Bowl in half of them (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLII, and XLVI), winning three of them (XXXVI, XXXVIII, and XXXIX).

P.S. Im a NY GIANTS fan. I hope this asshole loses sunday.

The reason I put this info up is for Milan to find the next Messi, Kaka, MALDINI, etc. I hope this summer mercato we can find some hidden gems. But like others have said it's time we sell Pato and I hope Carlo can do us a favor and offer 40m euros so we can buy 2 good players with that money. And for R70 ( who hasnt been having a good year so far) If you told me we can get 20+m for him Im ok selling him too. It would be hard to say good bye but MILAN always before any player for me.

I hope our south american scouts stay busy and find new players and I was wondering do we have good scouting in Africa?

Forza Milan. And Forza Giants this sunday Go ELIte...
Pato and robinho out for 60 mln,that's not bad an idea!!!

If muntari performe,we can let go gattuso and flamini.otherwise,we renew flamini.

An article on sina.com.cn says we will use pato money to buy 3 players,tevez,ericcsen and armero.I like armero,this guy will be a quality LB.

May god with chinese footbball