Summer mercato 2021
Messi-Ass is probably one of the worst signings ever along Esajas.
(08-31-2021, 10:24 AM)Artan Wrote: Messi-Ass is probably one of the worst signings ever along Esajas.

Wait till he play, so many of you is writing him off after he got a good season in Serie A last year. Samu didn't even get close to that after so many seasons.
(08-31-2021, 09:13 AM)Ruby Wrote: Copied from sportening.com: 

?DONE DEAL West Ham United have announced the signing of Croatia international attacker Nikola Vlašić from CSKA Moscow.

Imagine a mid table shit club like West Ham overspending 7 times UCL winner Milan... Superleague was needed, I was wrong...
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
(08-31-2021, 10:24 AM)Artan Wrote: Messi-Ass is probably one of the worst signings ever along Esajas.

Still better than Samu anyway
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
so many good player is being missed just by a little difference in price, if the price is more than 5m i can understand that, but this is below 5m
(08-31-2021, 10:31 AM)hwmook Wrote: Wait till he play, so many of you is writing him off after he got a good season in Serie A last year. Samu didn't even get close to that after so many seasons.

Well, it is his only decent season in his career and his only season in a good league. And he's 30.
(08-31-2021, 10:40 AM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: Still better than Samu anyway

I expect even less from Junior Messias than I would expect from Samu.

Every good pass, assist or even goal is a bonus.
Is MESSI-ass the new Suso/Cerci/Menez?...
I think you guys are way to negative. Yes we all hoped for Faivre, Ounas, Vlasic or other young exiting players, but dont shoot the guy before he has even played. If he actually is a new Samu, yes give him in, but let the guy have a chance first.

I think a lot of us had the same thoughts about Kjær, Rebic, and also Zlatan and Giroud. Kjær was a shocking move but works out to be fantastic. Rebic was a big flop in Fiorentina so i was sceptical, but he has been good, Zlatan was "old and Finished" but revitalized the whole squad. Giroud was proven but old and with little playing time at Chelsea, now he had a great start for us.

I think M/M together with Pioli and Moncada have clear ideas. Lets support Messias until he eventually fails.
(08-31-2021, 11:13 AM)Bennacer Wrote: I think you guys are way to negative. Yes we all hoped for Faivre, Ounas, Vlasic or other young exiting players, but dont shoot the guy before he has even played. If he actually is a new Samu, yes give him in, but let the guy have a chance first.

I think a lot of us had the same thoughts about Kjær, Rebic, and also Zlatan and Giroud. Kjær was a shocking move but works out to be fantastic. Rebic was a big flop in Fiorentina so i was sceptical, but he has been good, Zlatan was "old and Finished" but revitalized the whole squad. Giroud was proven but old and with little playing time at Chelsea, now he had a great start for us.

I think M/M together with Pioli and Moncada have clear ideas. Lets support Messias until he eventually fails.

The major concern about JM is that he is 30 and still has only played one season in a good league in his entire career so far and that was at a small club like Crotone. There is little or nothing that can give us hope here.

Even Samu had 4 seasons in La Liga before he signed even though we're all disappointed with him too. The others you mentioned have all played at a higher level for many years and even their national teams.

Of course, nothing would be better if JM proved us wrong. But until then I won't get excited about this.