Poll: Buy Midfielders
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Simone Calvano
0%
0 0%
Gaby Mundingayi
1.04%
1 1.04%
Kwadwo Asamoah
5.21%
5 5.21%
Radja Nainggolan
12.50%
12 12.50%
Ganso
16.67%
16 16.67%
Hernanes
26.04%
25 26.04%
Riccardo Montolivo
19.79%
19 19.79%
Sandro
9.38%
9 9.38%
Bakaye Traore
5.21%
5 5.21%
Seydou Keita
4.17%
4 4.17%
Total 96 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Summer 2012 - Incoming: Midfielders
I chose Keita, traore and montolivo are already signed, but i think keita would be an experienced reliable CDM, don't forget we still need one, i think montolivo can play this position but i am not too sure if he's best suited there, also i voted for hernanes.
Sorry for be a homer, but no option for Lucas or Oscar? Smile

I voted Sandro and Hernanes... and completely agree with ACMILAN1983 take.

I´m not that sold on Ganso anymore, for the reason that I wrote in the old forum when he appeared. Don´t get me wrong, talent wise Ganso is amazing, but my old fears(not injure) are back...

I would be thrilled with ACMILAN1983 option, but if I have the power, I would change for Lucas, Sandro and Hernanes...
(05-15-2012, 03:28 PM)brasileiro Wrote: Sorry for be a homer, but no option for Lucas or Oscar? Smile

I´m not that sold on Ganso anymore, for the reason that I wrote in the old forum when he appeared. Don´t get me wrong, talent wise Ganso is amazing, but my old fears(not injure) are back...

I would be thrilled with ACMILAN1983 option, but if I have the power, I would change for Lucas, Sandro and Hernanes...

1st of all it's good to have you back posting brasileiro.
Regarding Lucas, I'm a huge fan as well and would probably have him as my # 1 pick for that attacking midfielder spot, but as i mentioned in my opening post, there is a limit of 10 options and i just tried to list whoever we were linked to or we actually have a possibility to sign....unfortunately I haven't read any rumour linking us with Lucas.

As for Strootman, you are right Dev, i should have mentioned him....my bad.
I can't say i've seen him play, but the reviews on the guy are pretty encouraging and i just read that it seems like Van Bommel has already advised him to sign for us. Wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened seeing the appreciation that Van Bommel has for Milan.
Regarding the sale of Ibra, i will be happy if it happens inspite of him being very valuable to us over the past two seasons. It would be a smart move coz the guy is on the 30 list and he s been doing decently well scoring goals which would help us get a decent sum to replace him with a much younger and just as good striker. Plus i dont like his attitude when he s playing. I d be of the opinion of keeping Pato on rather coz we will not be a cashing a good deal on him considering his contribution last season and i still believe if we have the right kind of players around him he is still one of the best finishers in the game. If i were the management i would be looking at shaping up the midfield and the defence rather the leave the attack.
It ll be nice if we get Nainggolan very solid player and hardly injury prone. He s proved his worth in Serie A.
(05-15-2012, 05:12 PM)LebRN Wrote:
(05-15-2012, 03:28 PM)brasileiro Wrote: Sorry for be a homer, but no option for Lucas or Oscar? Smile

1st of all it's good to have you back posting brasileiro.
Regarding Lucas, I'm a huge fan as well and would probably have him as my # 1 pick for that attacking midfielder spot, but as i mentioned in my opening post, there is a limit of 10 options and i just tried to list whoever we were linked to or we actually have a possibility to sign....unfortunately I haven't read any rumour linking us with Lucas.

As for Strootman, you are right Dev, i should have mentioned him....my bad.
I can't say i've seen him play, but the reviews on the guy are pretty encouraging and i just read that it seems like Van Bommel has already advised him to sign for us. Wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened seeing the appreciation that Van Bommel has for Milan.
It´s all good, my friend... I understood and was just joking.

Shame Lucas play for Sao Paulo... it´s hard to steal a star from them. Andre Villas Boas was talking for a Brazilian TV ta few moments ago, and said he tried(as a Chelsea coach) the purchase of Lucas but Sao Paulo refuses anything. His other option was Oscar... I´m suprised by his knowledge of Brazilian football..

Btw, sorry to bring this off topic for the thread, I just wanted to share this as I was typing and watching Villas Boas interviewOkmilan

well, Portuguese seem to be the most informed about Brazilian talent....they seem the most willing to "risk" on buying brazilians and end up making some good profit on them.....i'm surprised u r surprised Wink

Welcome back Brasileiro, long time no see.

I've heard interesting things about Lucas (I presume you mean Moura and not Leiva), about him maybe getting hyped a little bit early and struggling this year. This news came from Tim Vickery, who is an expert on South American football and whose opinion I hold in high regard. Not to say he's been bad, but defenders are better prepared to deal with him. My problem is, how would he play in our side?

About Ganso, I would love to see some defensive statistics for him as I'm sure he averages a tackle or two a game, but it doesn't often appear to be the case because he plays at a single tempo all match (a weakness of his game). In this case, I'm sure he's a bit like Pirlo was for us, a player who seems defensively weak, but with Pirlo he had excellent interception rates. I'm not saying Ganso will have great defensive stats, but better than we might imagine. I think we also need to remember Santos play a game with a lot of freedom for their stars. Ganso and Neymar aren't given so many defensive duties as you'd expect in top clubs in Europe.

(05-15-2012, 05:12 PM)LebRN Wrote: As for Strootman, you are right Dev, i should have mentioned him....my bad.

It's cool, that's the reason I don't make polls, it's difficult to remember all the names. You've done a great job on them and it shows by how popular the threads are.
I changed my kind and this is the mid I want Milan to have next season.
Out Slowdorf, Gattuso, MVB, Flamini, And Aqua.
A total saving of 33mil plus another 4 on Ambro wages cut. Thus 37mil on wages.
In Strootman, Hernanes, Monty, Honda and Hernanes.
Troare will be trade to Lazio as part payment for Hernanes, while Urby is being move to LB.
The midfield will be Nocerino, Muntari, Merkel, Strootman, Boateng, Hernanes, Honda, Monty and Ambro.
(05-16-2012, 09:52 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: It's cool, that's the reason I don't make polls, it's difficult to remember all the names. You've done a great job on them and it shows by how popular the threads are.

Thanks Dev and yes i was expecting a bit of complaints but as i barely received any then i guess i did good Okmilan

(05-16-2012, 01:18 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I changed my kind and this is the mid I want Milan to have next season.
Out Slowdorf, Gattuso, MVB, Flamini, And Aqua.
A total saving of 33mil plus another 4 on Ambro wages cut. Thus 37mil on wages.
In Strootman, Hernanes, Monty, Honda and Hernanes.
Troare will be trade to Lazio as part payment for Hernanes, while Urby is being move to LB.
The midfield will be Nocerino, Muntari, Merkel, Strootman, Boateng, Hernanes, Honda, Monty and Ambro.

Well if we get 1 Hernanes that would be an achievement by itself....but 2?? that would be like.....Devilstupito

Sagrin

but i must say that adding Hernanes & Strootman to Montolivo, I think we would be pretty awesome
Strootman still remains my number 1 option