International friendlies
I read in his Wikipedia page that he'll play for the NT only if he's first choice. I understand it when Buffon was in his prime, but now you don't have to be Einstein to see that he's past his best. Injuries play a big part in form.
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
I'm still with the idea about building experience for youngsters, but what Prandeli said is too much...
(06-08-2011, 01:34 AM)Aficio Wrote: Abiatti is one year older than Buffon so Prandelli has the reason to favor the youngs for friendly, but Abate's case is non-understandable.
(06-08-2011, 01:30 AM)xudong Wrote: I thought we have at least one regular Italian NT member?

Zambrotta. Big Grin

I would be happy if there were no humor Big Grin This guy got injured for too long.

I would not be shocked if Zambrotta will still be Italian's first-choice RB for EURO2012, but in Milan, he can only be Abate's backup.

I don't care really. Milan always comes first, even though I have supported Italy since late 1980s (somewhere between EURO1988, as I know that I didn't support them for sure Big Grin and WC1990, as I know for sure that I supported them), but my heart won't break if Italy sucks. Just to point out though Milan has not had much luck with NT, except for the time under Arrigo Sacchi.
aka xudong
(06-08-2011, 01:43 AM)Aficio Wrote: I'm still with the idea about building experience for youngsters, but what Prandeli said is too much...

Gamberini is 29, pretty young the lad according to Prandelli. Dodgy
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

(06-08-2011, 01:46 AM)theaxeofpain Wrote:
(06-08-2011, 01:43 AM)Aficio Wrote: I'm still with the idea about building experience for youngsters, but what Prandeli said is too much...

Gamberini is 29, pretty young the lad according to Prandelli. Dodgy

that rule doesn't apply when it comes to (ex-)Fiorentina players. Big Grin
aka xudong
Young GK and experienced CBs is a nice combination for friendly. However, I think this could be the last call for Gamberini, the worst on the field.
I get your point Aficio, I just don't get Prandelli's point. The only good thing he did with Italy was revitalizing the attack.
Herbert Kilpin

Argentina vs Albania right now. I can easily us getting stuffed pretty badly, but what the hell. Big Grin
Well, Lavezzi scores in the 5th minute, that looks promising...
Herbert Kilpin

International Friendly on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Italia vs. Spagna

Lineups:

Italia

---------------Cassano------------Rossi--------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------Acquilani--------------------------------
-------Pirlo-------------------------------De Rossi---------------
--------------------------Motta-----------------------------------
Criscito--------------------------------------------------Maggio
-------------------Chiellini-------Ranocchia---------------------
----------------------------Buffon--------------------------------

Spagna

------------------------Torres-----------------------------
----Villa--------------------------------------------Iniesta
--------------Alcantara--------Xabi Alonso-------------
-----------------------Busquets-------------------------
Iraola-----------------------------------------------Arbeloa
---------------Pique-----------Albiol----------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------Casillas-----------------------------

I like Italy's lineup a lot but the fact that Abate is not the RB is highly annoying. What does he need to do to take the spot from Maggio???
Zaccheroni's Japan won S.Korea 3:0

His 3-4-4 works in Asia, but could it works in next WC?