Poll: Who should be our new coach?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Filippo Inzaghi
10.00%
1 10.00%
Clarence Seedoorf
40.00%
4 40.00%
Mauro Tassotti
0%
0 0%
Reza just had to mention Bielsa Big Grin
20.00%
2 20.00%
Other
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Our new headcoach
(05-28-2014, 04:35 PM)xudong Wrote:
(05-28-2014, 04:06 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Apparently Galliani didn't take Galli's rejection of assistant coach too well.

details?

Galli's rejection complicates things because his position as the head of our youth teams according to some reports has been promised to Sacchi. His refusal to become Pippo's assistant also means now Galliani has to convince Tassotti to renew because his contract expires this summer.
per l'amaro e il dolce
(05-28-2014, 04:35 PM)xudong Wrote: details?

Beyond what Nalx posted I really don't know anything, nor do I think Galli will be forced out of his position. Apparently Pippo and Galliani have spent today to try and convince Tassotti to stay, who is more keen to work with Pippo than Seedorf, but apparently did also give his word to Allegri that he'd follow him into his next job.

Personally, I think if the management is serious about trying to change things for the future and Sacchi's seen to be critical to that process, then they will get him involved in a role at the club. As I mentioned from one of the links I posted before, Berlusconi was apparently keen to get Sacchi involved in the senior team too, so we could well see him in a more expansive role at the club.
Just some new news regarding the rumours floating. Basically, Tassotti looks more and more likely to stay (apparently one of the reasons Seedorf is likely to get sacked is his treatment of Tassotti). Galli is likely to remain in his current position, although Sacchi is also apparently going to take 10 days to make his decision (in what role I don't know):

http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/sacc...lan-145792

Tuttosport apparently says that there's a divisive feeling internally on Sacchi's return to the club, but I haven't seen details as to precisely who or what. However, I suspect the current situation with Galli is related. The other coaching staff as part of Inzaghi's team is likely to go ahead, but Costacurta seems unlikely to come back according to Milannews. Ultimately, doesn't look quite like the revolution it did yesterday morning, but some interesting stuff going on.

Also, apparently Inzaghi's systems of choice are likely to be 4-3-3 and 4-3-1-2. 4-3-3 will be designed to get the most out of El Shaarawy (who apparently will be key to Inzaghi's side), while 4-3-1-2 would have him partner someone up front with a playmaker behind (Montolivo or Kaka suggested as taking the role). In both systems, Inzaghi is keen on having a regista in the mould of Pirlo.

EDIT:

Now it's being report Sacchi could take a year out of football...

http://www.milannews.it/altre-notizie/sa...usa-145818
I hope Inzaghi will play Cristante then as a register then.
Thanks, Nalx and Dev.

I wonder what's taking this long. It would be ridiculous if we had to wait until the end of August to just sort out who the coach will be. I know it won't happen, but still this is just absurd and embarrassing.

but Seedorf definitely is a goner. a U-turn no longer seems likely, all taken into account. Poor guy, cut short his playing career just to come back to rescue Milan, did a decent job, and will now be fired and humiliated. I wasn't even that enthusiastic for Seedorf to start with, but bald old fart and senile old fuck were just beyond pathetic. Facepalm
aka xudong
I don't think it is Seedorf being humiliated in all these proceedings. I think he knows this makes Milan look bad and so he probably is refusing any negotiations in this so as to further drive that knife into us and making Berlu concede to him.

Anyone afraid that if Inzaghi gets the job, he may be a yes man to Berlu and Galliani? It appears that thinking outside of the box with those two leads to being kicked out of it too!
He is a young coach who should be looking at a coaching career long term. I am hoping he is smart enough not to ruin his own coaching reputation. Being a yes man and losing with Milan will not help his future coaching prospects. For once may be it's ok to have a "selfish" coach.
http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/gazz...nco-145882

Sacchi's apparently closer to saying no to Milan than yes, which according to Gazzetta, is mostly because he doesn't want to commit to a role which requires him to work fulltime (well, 7 days a week). He's more keen to do part time work now. Apparently, he spoke to Galli (who has renewed his contract) on the phone yesterday and then Galliani. Again, I just don't get why we don't ask him to do more consultant based role, which is more about helping develop the culture and values in the club than about managing a specific sector. This would be a less demanding role in terms of pushing papers, but draws on his ideas to form the foundation of our future.

There are also rumours that Pippo's uncertain about Sacchi (according to someone named Buchionni), as he wants to be allowed to put his ideas in place and they aren't the same as Sacchi's.

About Inzaghi being a puppet, personally I don't know and won't judge until I see him perform. However, he is considered one of Italy's most promising young managers and would surely be keen to develop his career as a coach.

As for Seedorf and the biggest point of confusion, I think we do need to acknowledge that he's been making mistakes since joining in his attitude and actions. Results aren't in question, but it must be said he's made some really strange decisions (most of all in the Napoli match) and there are many doubts around some of the things that have occured since he became coach (leaked stories, meeting ultras and unauthorised interviews). That does not mean the management have acted appropriately in managing him. I find it bizarre that he's not breaching his contract with some of his actions and therefore we can't sack him without severance, that's the first screw up by the management, this stuff should be bread and butter in the contract. Silvio's decision to completely blank is behaviour suited to teens in high school, not people running massive organisations worth hundreds of millions, while Galliani's behaviour during this period is unnacceptable. Whatever happens with Seedorf, I think both parties will have some fault (although it's understandable that based on results, Seedorf will feel hard done by).

Anyway, this leads me to another point, which is Pippo needs to be brought in with tangible goals and clear guidelines. I won't go into appropriate behaviour etc. Like I said, this stuff should be bread and butter in a contract, including things like only giving approved interviews to the press.

I think the club need to identify what it's short term, medium term and long term targets are. For the business, Silvio must identify targets for revenue with Barbara and give her actions to complete. This must be done with sporting targets, which would be delegated to Galliani. These should be realistic and achievable targets, things like identifying what our targets for next season are and what our goals for the market are.

An example of what Galliani would be expected to do is to reduce the squad size by identifying players to be sold, then identifying players who are our targets to buy. This is to reduce costs within the club and therefore become more self sufficient. Obviously, the management would take these decisions after discussions with Pippo, to understand if he has any objections to the plans of the club (i.e. selling De Scilgio might be something the club feels will help bring revenue, but might be objected by Pippo as he sees him as invaluable to his squad). Obviously, this would go deeper to help manage the changes (i.e. increase resource to MilanLab to reduce number of injuries, thus reducing the need for so many players).

With Pippo, the club need to give him clear targets to achieve in the coming season. This would obviously be reaching CL football places, but also less obvious ones, such as the development of young players who are considered the future flag bearers of the club or playing a brand of football which is in keeping with the club's culture and history. This would be along the lines of playing an attractive attacking brand of football, focusing on teamwork and unity, where individuals can flourish as part of a greater team effort. Let Pippo decide the details, such as system and the players to use, but give him scope of what this club is looking to achieve, much like how a lot of companies have statements of intent, which often gives an identity to what the company is about.

Ultimately, what I'm saying is the club needs to outline a clear project where every individual knows what they are doing and where they have clear, tangible targets to aim towards. Until now, while Barbara's been showing her own initiatives to increase the club as a business, Galliani seems to be all at sea with regards to what our focus is in the sporting sector. They both need to be working on the same wavelength with consistency, as otherwise Barbara's lofty business ambitions will inevitably collapse if our sporting sector (which is the foundation of the whole club) continues to decline so rapidly. That collapse wouldn't just mean we're no longer competitive, but we'll be struggling to exist.
(05-28-2014, 03:30 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Where are the ultras? Why don't they go to the streets and hold a big demonstration, or start throwing rotten tomatoes at Galliani's house?

Milan News reported that some fans are organizing a protest in front of Casa Milan tomorrow to show their support for Seedorf.
per l'amaro e il dolce
seedorf: I want every last penny. Milan have humiliated me.