Poll: Is Allegri good enough for Milan?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! Give the man some time and he will build a winning team!
62.00%
31 62.00%
Unsure! He is doing ok, but we deserve better.
22.00%
11 22.00%
No! We could have done much better, sack him!
16.00%
8 16.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Massimiliano Allegri
Allegri's getting a lot of criticism over last night's defeat, but really at this point I don't know what more we can expect given our situation. His subs last night were logical even if they weren't particularly inspired. Urby was brought on to add an extra midfielder against a side who had numerical advantage in midfield, as well as some movement and energy. Ambro was brought on for Nocerino who was pretty terrible to add some stability and Antonini was brought in for an injury, though he added some energy on our wing too.

As for those not brought on, Aquilani has failed until now when playing and has been physically incapable of playing against high pressing teams, while El Shaarawy at 18 cannot be expected to perform miracles when we're being completely dominated. The other options on our bench seemed inadequate to do much.

Then there's not a lot Allegri can do when the opponent is physically far superior and our players can't even seem to pass to players 2-3 meters away, never mind players completely missing when they are integral. Allegri didn't do anything great last night, but he's limited as to what he can do in such a situation, and he did the status quo.

I hope that he takes the break to readdress some of the problems he's faced in recent weeks. We need to work as a single unit all over the pitch to get some structure in the side. Then of course he needs to work on fitness and confidence of the players.
I don't think it is fair to blame Allegri for the results this season.
Napoli, Barca and Juve really did outplayed Milan in their matches. While Udinese was always tough against Milan. The Lazio game showed that the team was not ready while they did get the wins against teams they really should.

I would not push the panic button just yet, Allegri just needs to get his team ready and injured free.
I don't mind Allegri. I think he is the best option that we can have. I still believe that we can do well this season (yes, go ahead and call me delusional. Big Grin Icon_lol2), but Allegri please grow some balls and stop acting like a small team coach.

(10-03-2011, 04:25 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I don't think it is fair to blame Allegri for the results this season.
Napoli, Barca and Juve really did outplayed Milan in their matches. While Udinese was always tough against Milan. The Lazio game showed that the team was not ready while they did get the wins against teams they really should.

I would not push the panic button just yet, Allegri just needs to get his team ready and injured free.

I was so happy that we came back from behind and beat Inter at the Supercup. Now that I look back on it, it was probably more due to Gasparini than Allegri. Dodgy

And I don't think it is within Allegri's control to get his team injury free. Devilol Milan Lab should up their game too.
aka xudong
But the thing I don't understand, Seedorf playing every game... now is it Allegri's or Berlu's wish?!
Players like Seedorf and Bonera are interesting. Fans all seem to hate them but coaches all seem to love them. Big Grin
aka xudong
(10-04-2011, 04:05 AM)xudong Wrote: Players like Seedorf and Bonera are interesting. Fans all seem to hate them but coaches all seem to love them. Big Grin

Seedorf is always a good player but Bonera, it seems that he always plays a bane for Milan...
Milan~Milan~
(10-04-2011, 01:28 AM)Ace Wrote: But the thing I don't understand, Seedorf playing every game... now is it Allegri's or Berlu's wish?!

I can understand why Seedorf played every match, as the only alternative has been Aquilani, who showed against Lazio he's extremely poor with his defensive duties. Not that I don't have hope for Aquilani, who can hopefully improve over some time, but at this point he's not really offering anything. Plus, Seedorf offers some leadership in midfield when creating plays with his experience, which we've desperately lacked.

@xudong, I understand why coaches like Seedorf, as I kind of explained above. Bonera is a complete mystery to me though. He's versatile, seems a solid option and has a fair amount of experience. However, watching him fail on almost every occasion for a few years now means I almost never understand why he plays.
Last year Alegri did "ok" in the league. But if we look at the previous season objectively - there really wasn't any serious competition. Still we had some "scare moments", like the second Inter match potentially deciding the title. And if Inter wasn't so crap last season, who knows if we would have clinged onto the title after all.

This year will be a real test to what Alegri can accomplish. People may have different opinions, but he was terrible in the Juve game.
The biggest draw back - he isn't a motivational coach. This was a huge match and he couldn't pump the squad up to play like it's a big match.
I have talked about letting Seedorf play for 90 minutes - terrible. Letting Bonera play - as soon as he moved into CB, I knew we would lose, and I bet many Milan fans new this as well.

His subs are still horrible. And often times he is acting like a small coach. We were getting run over by Juve for the entire match, yet he did nothing during HT. His subs were an attempt to keep a draw at best, no ambition to go for a win.

Anyway, lets see how he continues. Someone needs to tell him how to manage the damn subs, and how to work on motivation. The reason we look so crap in big games is exactly because he can't motivate.
Also, I would call Merkel and Strasser back from lawns during January.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
(10-04-2011, 09:57 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote:
(10-04-2011, 01:28 AM)Ace Wrote: But the thing I don't understand, Seedorf playing every game... now is it Allegri's or Berlu's wish?!

I can understand why Seedorf played every match, as the only alternative has been Aquilani, who showed against Lazio he's extremely poor with his defensive duties. Not that I don't have hope for Aquilani, who can hopefully improve over some time, but at this point he's not really offering anything. Plus, Seedorf offers some leadership in midfield when creating plays with his experience, which we've desperately lacked.

@xudong, I understand why coaches like Seedorf, as I kind of explained above. Bonera is a complete mystery to me though. He's versatile, seems a solid option and has a fair amount of experience. However, watching him fail on almost every occasion for a few years now means I almost never understand why he plays.

I do understand, but he could have used KVB at LCM and Aqua at ACM, I believe it could have been better, whatever the match is played and it's already lost who cares Big Grin
Since people have mentioned the fact that both Merkel and Strasser are out on loans for the season, does anyone know whether they're getting regular playing time? And if they are, how have they been performing so far?
Siamo a posto cosi.