Poll: Is Allegri good enough for Milan?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! Give the man some time and he will build a winning team!
62.00%
31 62.00%
Unsure! He is doing ok, but we deserve better.
22.00%
11 22.00%
No! We could have done much better, sack him!
16.00%
8 16.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Massimiliano Allegri
Who needs fast coach? We need fast fullbacks and midfielders...
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
To me Allegri is a small team coach. His #1 priority is to not lose and to make it to the next game. His perspective is incredibly small scale and rather myopic.

Much if not most of his decisions are for short term success and immediate results. For instance....the continual marginalization of Pato is understandable in the context of iHomo's performances which have been utterly stellar. However Pato's potential skill set is above and beyond any player we currently have...bar probably Robinho. However Allegri has made it CLEAR to me that he's not entirely sure how to use Pato.....rather similar to his utter FAILURE to get the best out of Ronaldinho which I need to make a mini rant about

Ronaldinho is no saint. He's not one of my all time favourites and I always tend to blame him (wrong of me) for Kaka's departure. Let's just get that out of the way
The above said, Ronaldinho's skills, creativity and vision are in my humble opinion, STILL unmatched....Yes his work ethic is questionable and I am totally behind ANY coach who would meet out a measure of discipline for each time he f**ks up. That said, however his is an extremely dangerous offensive weapon -even with his diminished pace- to ANY team. I also have no proof and 100% gut feeling that a lot of his "failure to train well" etc was exaggerated by Allegri to HIDE the fact that he was unable to get the best out of him. Instead Allegri resorted to insulting a legend of the game by bringing him on for 5 min spells and in injury time when he couldn't make a difference. I'd have genuinely preferred that Allegri not bring him on at all than treat him like that. Yet not once ronaldinho complained or behaved unprofessionally. To those who say he's a professional and should work hard regardless there is some merit in your claims but even iHomo himself said not too long ago that a coach is supposed to motivate his players. After the way Allegri treated him I couldn't in all honesty expect to see Dinho kill for Milan.[/Rant]

And so Allegri having wasted such a huge weapon is now perplexed at the lack of creativity in the midfield Dodgy and has resorted to the mundane to the comical to compensate for the lack of Pirlo and Seedorf...who, let's face it aren't that good anymore anyway....Again the ruthlessness with which he has dealt with some players like Papa, Yepes etc has routinely come back to bite him in the ass.

To save face he exhausts our starters like Nesta and Ibra to keep grinding out the workmanlike blue collar game results. No Pirlo to loop the long balls to iHomo anymore so the manner in which our goals come are due to individual brilliance or in the most ad hoc of manners- or worse no goal at all. Our attack has 0 structure and as we witnessed against a diminished Tottenham no game plan either.

But saying the above will surely make me unpopular in these parts. Allegri has a vast horde of fannboys who are so eager to finally win silverware that they'll compromise everything we have grown to believe in. Players like Van Bommel, cASSano and Ibra himself were utterly hated by the Milanista not too long ago....but the "any port for a storm" desperation has infected even the bet of us.
(02-28-2011, 04:13 AM)drucurl Wrote: To me Allegri is a small team coach. His #1 priority is to not lose and to make it to the next game. His perspective is incredibly small scale and rather myopic.

Much if not most of his decisions are for short term success and immediate results. For instance....the continual marginalization of Pato is understandable in the context of iHomo's performances which have been utterly stellar. However Pato's potential skill set is above and beyond any player we currently have...bar probably Robinho. However Allegri has made it CLEAR to me that he's not entirely sure how to use Pato.....rather similar to his utter FAILURE to get the best out of Ronaldinho which I need to make a mini rant about

Ronaldinho is no saint. He's not one of my all time favourites and I always tend to blame him (wrong of me) for Kaka's departure. Let's just get that out of the way
The above said, Ronaldinho's skills, creativity and vision are in my humble opinion, STILL unmatched....Yes his work ethic is questionable and I am totally behind ANY coach who would meet out a measure of discipline for each time he f**ks up. That said, however his is an extremely dangerous offensive weapon -even with his diminished pace- to ANY team. I also have no proof and 100% gut feeling that a lot of his "failure to train well" etc was exaggerated by Allegri to HIDE the fact that he was unable to get the best out of him. Instead Allegri resorted to insulting a legend of the game by bringing him on for 5 min spells and in injury time when he couldn't make a difference. I'd have genuinely preferred that Allegri not bring him on at all than treat him like that. Yet not once ronaldinho complained or behaved unprofessionally. To those who say he's a professional and should work hard regardless there is some merit in your claims but even iHomo himself said not too long ago that a coach is supposed to motivate his players. After the way Allegri treated him I couldn't in all honesty expect to see Dinho kill for Milan.[/Rant]

And so Allegri having wasted such a huge weapon is now perplexed at the lack of creativity in the midfield Dodgy and has resorted to the mundane to the comical to compensate for the lack of Pirlo and Seedorf...who, let's face it aren't that good anymore anyway....Again the ruthlessness with which he has dealt with some players like Papa, Yepes etc has routinely come back to bite him in the ass.

To save face he exhausts our starters like Nesta and Ibra to keep grinding out the workmanlike blue collar game results. No Pirlo to loop the long balls to iHomo anymore so the manner in which our goals come are due to individual brilliance or in the most ad hoc of manners- or worse no goal at all. Our attack has 0 structure and as we witnessed against a diminished Tottenham no game plan either.

But saying the above will surely make me unpopular in these parts. Allegri has a vast horde of fannboys who are so eager to finally win silverware that they'll compromise everything we have grown to believe in. Players like Van Bommel, cASSano and Ibra himself were utterly hated by the Milanista not too long ago....but the "any port for a storm" desperation has infected even the bet of us.

I couldn't disagree more with your post. Allegri building the team not to lose isn't necessarily a small time attitude, but rather a typical Italian attitude. I don't agree builds the team not to lose anyway, but rather wants a solid team with strong foundations (much like Capello or Mourinho).

His use of Pato may be a little questionable, but it's obvious that Pato's also struggled to integrate into our system this season. No coach of Milan can afford to prioritise a young player's growth over results (particularly when you have quality like Cassano available), so for me Allegri is doing what he needs to for results, even if it means Pato isn't starting. That said, Pato is playing as frequently as Cassano and it's obvious Allegri does want him to play an important role.

The Ronaldinho matter was dealt with as it should have been imo. Dinho, for all his quality is an individual rather than team player. Leo sacrificed his tactics last season to accomodate Dinho, but ultimately that was exactly what cost us last season, as it resulted in a broken team. Dinho, who at 30 was clearly not in form earlier this season and tactically unsuited to the team, needed to leave for the good of both parties.

Regarding Sokratis and Yepes, I really don't see any problems. Sokratis was poor in the first half of the season, and so rightly benched. When called on in 2011 he's been solid and therefore has more trust now. Yepes has been great this season and this has been acknowledged. The only questionmark I have of Allegri is his continued trust in Bonera, who in all honesty has been very poor.

Finally, by your definition I guess I'm an Allegri fanboy (untrue and rather insulting), when the reality is I simply think he's done a good job this season (the results suggest I'm correct) and I see platforms we can build from. More importantly, the players you mention, that supposedly compromise our values as a club have all been pretty much model employees within the club. Ibra has been a leader within the side and added an aggression which we've lacked for years, as well as being a team player. He's had some outbursts, but this is minor compared to the good attitude shown in Milan. Van Bommel isn't a fan favourite, but has clearly been told to clean up his game in Milan and his attitude has been very good. Cassano again is unpredicatable, but he is welcome as long as he doesn't make the mistakes he made in the past. Personally, until now none of our players have compromised our values, and if they do I'm sure the club will react accordingly.

Unsure. He does make some weird mistakes like put Seedorf on in a Champions League game against an English team ... and preferring Pato over this slowpoke. .. But one way or another his ways work because we are at the top of the league table and (most of the time) we play really good (in the serie A)
(02-28-2011, 10:51 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I couldn't disagree more with your post. Allegri building the team not to lose isn't necessarily a small time attitude, but rather a typical Italian attitude. I don't agree builds the team not to lose anyway, but rather wants a solid team with strong foundations (much like Capello or Mourinho).

His use of Pato may be a little questionable, but it's obvious that Pato's also struggled to integrate into our system this season. No coach of Milan can afford to prioritise a young player's growth over results (particularly when you have quality like Cassano available), so for me Allegri is doing what he needs to for results, even if it means Pato isn't starting. That said, Pato is playing as frequently as Cassano and it's obvious Allegri does want him to play an important role.

The Ronaldinho matter was dealt with as it should have been imo. Dinho, for all his quality is an individual rather than team player. Leo sacrificed his tactics last season to accomodate Dinho, but ultimately that was exactly what cost us last season, as it resulted in a broken team. Dinho, who at 30 was clearly not in form earlier this season and tactically unsuited to the team, needed to leave for the good of both parties.

Regarding Sokratis and Yepes, I really don't see any problems. Sokratis was poor in the first half of the season, and so rightly benched. When called on in 2011 he's been solid and therefore has more trust now. Yepes has been great this season and this has been acknowledged. The only questionmark I have of Allegri is his continued trust in Bonera, who in all honesty has been very poor.

Finally, by your definition I guess I'm an Allegri fanboy (untrue and rather insulting), when the reality is I simply think he's done a good job this season (the results suggest I'm correct) and I see platforms we can build from. More importantly, the players you mention, that supposedly compromise our values as a club have all been pretty much model employees within the club. Ibra has been a leader within the side and added an aggression which we've lacked for years, as well as being a team player. He's had some outbursts, but this is minor compared to the good attitude shown in Milan. Van Bommel isn't a fan favourite, but has clearly been told to clean up his game in Milan and his attitude has been very good. Cassano again is unpredicatable, but he is welcome as long as he doesn't make the mistakes he made in the past. Personally, until now none of our players have compromised our values, and if they do I'm sure the club will react accordingly.
First of all good post.
second of all I meant no disrespect to you and was merely generalizing the attitude shown to Allegri on other forums - i.e. he can do no wrong and any problem we face is a personnel rather than a management issue.....this is a TREMENDOUS copout as I've mentioned earlier because
1) Pirlo is simply not that good and largely overrated.
2) Seedorf's good games are probably below 30% of all that he plays with some of them RATHER horrible.
3) Merkel is not always seen as a solcution for a creative CM due to his youthful mistakes...but the alternatives he chooses (such as 3 DM vs low quality oppositio) is FAR worse.

Add this to his persistence of using Bonera over BOTH Yepes and Sokratis and his ridiculous substitution technique I cannot understand how anyone can praise him beyond being a good at best coach.

Indeed I haven't mentioned Milan's dismal record vs any quality opposition with a fortuitous 1-0 win vs a depleted Inter juxtaposed against losses to Juve, Napoli, Roma Real and a WEAKENED Tottenham....is this REALLY a coach of a BIG European team??

Milan is a rose
Love even the thorns
(02-28-2011, 03:43 PM)drucurl Wrote: Indeed I haven't mentioned Milan's dismal record vs any quality opposition with a fortuitous 1-0 win vs a depleted Inter juxtaposed against losses to Juve, Napoli, Roma Real and a WEAKENED Tottenham....is this REALLY a coach of a BIG European team??

Don't forget we dominated the game against Inter by playing with 10 men on the pitch after Abate received the red card ...

And we beat Napoli in Napoli this season, unless you predict a loss tonight ? Huh

And to finish, even if losing against Real Madrid is painful to watch (especially the way we lost in Madrid), the goal in CL is to qualify for the following round, no matter the results ... So in a competition like CL, Allegri should be judged on the overall result (let's wait to see what will happen in Tottenham, I still have hope) and not on one or two games.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(02-28-2011, 07:49 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Don't forget we dominated the game against Inter by playing with 10 men on the pitch after Abate received the red card ...

And we beat Napoli in Napoli this season, unless you predict a loss tonight ? Huh

And to finish, even if losing against Real Madrid is painful to watch (especially the way we lost in Madrid), the goal in CL is to qualify for the following round, no matter the results ... So in a competition like CL, Allegri should be judged on the overall result (let's wait to see what will happen in Tottenham, I still have hope) and not on one or two games.
Must say he/we did extremely well yesterday...well done Sir....and yeah total brainfart about including Napoli...sorryTongue

Milan is a rose
Love even the thorns
(03-01-2011, 06:09 PM)drucurl Wrote:
(02-28-2011, 07:49 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Don't forget we dominated the game against Inter by playing with 10 men on the pitch after Abate received the red card ...

Must say he/we did extremely well yesterday...well done Sir....and yeah total brainfart about including Napoli...sorryTongue

What I meant is that in Serie A, the record isn't that bad ...

We lost against Juventus and Roma at home, but we beat Napoli and Inter away. We can also add Palermo away too, and we beat Napoli at home. Actually, it's a pretty good record. IMO, the only result that I regret this season is the one in Cesena. Even if that day, Cesena played a perfect game, we should have avoided the loss against this team.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(03-02-2011, 01:36 PM)GeoTav Wrote:
(03-01-2011, 06:09 PM)drucurl Wrote: Must say he/we did extremely well yesterday...well done Sir....and yeah total brainfart about including Napoli...sorryTongue

What I meant is that in Serie A, the record isn't that bad ...

We lost against Juventus and Roma at home, but we beat Napoli and Inter away. We can also add Palermo away too, and we beat Napoli at home. Actually, it's a pretty good record. IMO, the only result that I regret this season is the one in Cesena. Even if that day, Cesena played a perfect game, we should have avoided the loss against this team.

We must also remember that while we lost to Roma and Juve, both of those games were quite unlucky, rather than us being outplayed.
(03-02-2011, 05:06 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote:
(03-02-2011, 01:36 PM)GeoTav Wrote: What I meant is that in Serie A, the record isn't that bad ...

We must also remember that while we lost to Roma and Juve, both of those games were quite unlucky, rather than us being outplayed.

Allegri keeps mentioning how undeservedly we lost those games..... but he does not mention anything about the number of games we undeservedly won - and they by far outweigh those two games.....