Poll: Is Allegri good enough for Milan?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! Give the man some time and he will build a winning team!
62.00%
31 62.00%
Unsure! He is doing ok, but we deserve better.
22.00%
11 22.00%
No! We could have done much better, sack him!
16.00%
8 16.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Massimiliano Allegri
(03-07-2012, 09:59 AM)Kastriot Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 09:45 AM)bijon Wrote: He needs to get his act together. His tactics nearly cost the team yesterday. He should not start with young inexperienced players in the CL games and he needs to react quicker to change the game and make necessary subs

According to you who should he have started with?? The only viable option was Aquilani who came back after two months of injury??

I was referring mainly to his use of Mesbah, surely there were other options...isn't Zambrotta still around, if not him then Bonera...even Yepes

Then Aquilani should have probably come on a bit earlier. Ibra should have been made to play deeper to help retain possession.
(03-07-2012, 11:17 AM)bijon Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 09:59 AM)Kastriot Wrote: According to you who should he have started with?? The only viable option was Aquilani who came back after two months of injury??

I was referring mainly to his use of Mesbah, surely there were other options...isn't Zambrotta still around, if not him then Bonera...even Yepes

Then Aquilani should have probably come on a bit earlier. Ibra should have been made to play deeper to help retain possession.

Bonera?? no thanks...

Yepes and Zambro haven't played since the start of the season.. go figure how will they play against fast players..

agree only the Aquilani part, and he should have come on for Urby
(03-07-2012, 11:54 AM)Ace Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 11:17 AM)bijon Wrote: I was referring mainly to his use of Mesbah, surely there were other options...isn't Zambrotta still around, if not him then Bonera...even Yepes

Bonera?? no thanks...

Yepes and Zambro haven't played since the start of the season.. go figure how will they play against fast players..

agree only the Aquilani part, and he should have come on for Urby

I dissagree, I would have chosen either zambro or bonera, they may not have the speed but they have experience...better than put a young winger with zero tactical sense as a full back.
I don't disagree with the lineup yesterday, but Allegri really messed up in his preparation for the match as the players were sent on the pitch with totally the wrong attitude. Tactically, I wouldn't say he failed, as he fielded a system similar to what we had in the second half in the first leg, which pressed the backline and prevented Arsenal dominating in midfield. However, the execution was completely wrong and both Allegri and the players are responsible for this.

However, I give Allegri a lot of credit for turning things around. He showed a lot of character and balls by not only getting the side more structured, but most importantly for getting the team to get at Arsenal's backline.
(03-07-2012, 02:05 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I don't disagree with the lineup yesterday, but Allegri really messed up in his preparation for the match as the players were sent on the pitch with totally the wrong attitude. Tactically, I wouldn't say he failed, as he fielded a system similar to what we had in the second half in the first leg, which pressed the backline and prevented Arsenal dominating in midfield. However, the execution was completely wrong and both Allegri and the players are responsible for this.

However, I give Allegri a lot of credit for turning things around. He showed a lot of character and balls by not only getting the side more structured, but most importantly for getting the team to get at Arsenal's backline.

I agree with you on this on Dev. I was impressed by the decision to pres their back-line. I was really nervous seeing Urby and Nocerino pressing so high and not staying behind the ball, but it totally paid off in the second half since they had to attack with fewer man and thus become less dangerous.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
Allegri must learn from this match. Since Arsenal's lineup and even formation were predictable, he should have made better judgement and arrangement.

Our lineup looked like a 433 but we can't play real 433 with those players.
- Our mid lacked a player who is able to create or at least good at passing (because we have Ibra upfront).
- Playing Binho & El at the same time is not an effective selection yet. El moves a lot and like to cut inside from left flank because he is a rightfooter, much like Binho. Allegri used El as Righwinger and Binho as Leftwinger. Ok for Binho, but for a player who can only use his right and not good at crossing like El, playing on the right can not bring good results. The Pharaoh is weak physically and doesn't have a balanced body, he can be warded off easily by the opponent LB.
- We didn't mark Rosicky. Binho should be assigned this task at CAM position, leaving LW for El.

I said before the match that we should mark both Arsenal CDM/CM (Rosicky) and CAM (Chamberlain). In first half, we only had Van Bommel for Chamberlain, Rosicky was free like a bird and caused us a lot troubles, began with the YC of the Dutch hardman. I'm not officially a tactician, but leaving even the center for Arsenal is obviously a bad idea.

However, we must give credit for Allgeri. His tatical changes in second half were classed. He calmly thought about the situation and made wise decision. He put faith in players who performed badly like Urby & Mesbah. Urby was assigned to play higher and press Arsenal deeplying player, Nocerino played lower and help Bommel to protect the backline. We regained the control. Someone says Aquilani should be subbed in earlier, but I think he was not physically ready and if the players at that moment couldn't hold the match, putting in a not 100% fit player couldn't change anything. Some minutes, and Wenger made me feel relieved by bringing in a forward for a winger, that meant we got better control of the mid and the match. Some minutes later, Wenger repeated his format of subtitution, and Bonera came. We successfully escaped.

This is not a good match, but surely good experience.
Face to face talks with Ibra today......I like the sound of that.
I LOVE MILAN
Ibra and Allegri apparently had an altercation after the match, but truthfully I doubt much will change. Simply put, things can happen at times and we need to put this whole episode behind us now.
The last Arsenal game had more to do with mentality of both teams rather than the tactics. You must be completely clueless to think that Arsenal will not come out attacking right away. Personally, even if Milan have the best RB, CB pair and LB in the world. They will still not be enough to hold the pressure from Arsenal. This game is probably the first game that I miss having Pato at the front two, as his break away speed, and one-on one against any defenders will put huge pressure on Arsenal backline for pushing up too much.
The only thing I would have change is probably starting Lopez instead of ELS(not sure if he is injured or not). ELS might got Pato's break away speed but he is too raw for this type of games. While Lopez like Ibra is another pillar upfront. The instruction would be once Milan gets the ball in their own half, just boot it out and let Ibra and Lopez height to control the ball and take it from there.
I agree about using Lopez. IMO, there is another reason, Lopez is quite comfortable on the right side while both Binho & El are effective on the left side.

It is a pity that MilanLab took a liking to him.