Poll: Is Allegri good enough for Milan?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! Give the man some time and he will build a winning team!
62.00%
31 62.00%
Unsure! He is doing ok, but we deserve better.
22.00%
11 22.00%
No! We could have done much better, sack him!
16.00%
8 16.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Massimiliano Allegri
(03-20-2011, 08:30 PM)fLame Wrote:
(03-20-2011, 07:21 PM)Ace Wrote: give them time... I don't care if we lose the Scudetto, as long as we have a project

If we lose the Scudetto after being 11 points up - then its a crappy project and he must go.

and what you suggest? we go on a Maurizio Zamparini style? we lose 2 games fire a coach, hire a new one, he loses 3 matches, fire him and re-hire the first coach? I mean seriously guys, get real!!

yes we have been bad lately but what can Allegri do if he has injuries all over him? especially the main play-maker in the squad? did he actually tell Ibra to get himself banned? is he at fault because none of our strikers are scoring, even though they're created many chances? is he at fault because Seedorf has been bad for the past 2 seasons(at least!!)?
(the list of questions keep going)

like it or not, Milan have had the best Defensive record in the league because of this so called "unbalanced" formations, yes unbalanced because we tend to play on the left side and totally ignore the right wing, where Abate(one of the best players this season) plays!! but you can't say it's unbalanced defense wise, nor attack wise....

yes we have a creative midfielder, Merkel, but giving him a role of leading the teams play at this age will do more harm than good... Van bommel has been trying to calm down the team's play, but when he doesn't get the ball, why blame Allegri...?

and it's not because I like Allegri(I do, to be honest) but we'd be having this debate whoever the coach is, even if it was Mourinho!!

and seriously, it is getting annoying... sorry but that's the truth!

it's easy to blame someone for losing a match, but why can't we praise the opposition team for their good defending? why can't way look at the positives from a match?

we have a project, and it's to build a winning team, with a coach who doesn't have silverware, but has the skill and hunger to become one of the best coaches in the game!!

I say it again, he makes mistakes yes, but go search for a human being who hasn't made a mistake in his life... even the pope himself makes mistakes!!! we learn from mistakes, that's life... it sucks I know
IF Allegri actually does not have players to chose from, then he is not to blame, but thats not the case.

WHy did he started Seedorf and left Robinho on the bench from the start? IF you are going to play with 3 DMs, then you better play with 3 attacking players as thats how you put pressure on the other team. You don't play 3 DMs and 2 fowards and a walking stick during an away match and hope for individual magic. I have nothing against the 3DMs formation as long as there are 3 other attacking players on the pitch. You might say that Allegri wants to have a offensive option on the bench of things don't go well....but that's exactly whats wrong with his thinking, he thinks his first option won't work right away. If he had started with Robinho, then he still has Merkel, Urby and Verdi(calls up) off the bench. Heck, he could have started Urby as CAM and leave Robinho on the bench.

I would not say this is a learning curve for Allegri as the price is too much.
(03-20-2011, 11:33 PM)Ace Wrote: did he actually tell Ibra to get himself banned?

Ibra has been saying that he is tired for months.
Knowing his character, one could expect that he would snap sooner or later.

There were planty of games when he could have been given some rest, but Allegeri kept playing him every game.
(03-21-2011, 04:30 PM)fLame Wrote: Ibra has been saying that he is tired for months.
Knowing his character, one could expect that he would snap sooner or later.

There were planty of games when he could have been given some rest, but Allegeri kept playing him every game.
THIS one I don't blame Allegri 100% for. iHomo clearly controls him and despite being tired wants to play all the time. The lack of rest is for iBra to decide not $h!tlegri. That said, he's far too small-time to be in charge anyway

Milan is a rose
Love even the thorns
Imo Allegri job needs to be evaluated at the final of the season(since he did not suck like Benitez), but I can´t hide that I lost a lot of respect for him with the type of decisions he taked at Spurs game at San Siro, last game and in all big games in general.

I liked the way he was offensive at the start of the season... moreover, with the way he put Milan to play as a BIG team. Look at what Mancini is doing at Manchester City, this is what I hate about some Italian coaches. Let the freaking catenaccio in the past!! I was mad at Allegri for his decisions at the Spurs first-leg, but forgiven him because he´s a young coach and will make mistakes like any young one.

But my concern is that those type of decisions are becoming a trend and now even worse because it was against a team like Palermo. I hope the real Allegri is the one of the start and not this one that we see at the pressure environments(big games and our actual situation), making terrible and cowards decisions...

Wake up, coach!!!

EDITED: Btw, I did not vote on the pool because didn´t found a option that fit what I think...
Playing devil's advocate, if Allegri were to be shown the door i think Guus Hiddink would be a great coach for us.
Barring some major disasters I don't think we'll see Allegri leave this year. While it would be a huge disappointment if we lose the league after we've been top for so long, I think the management acknowledge that this squad is a work in progress, and that until now Allegri's work has been very positive on the whole. As I hoped for with Leo last season, I want Allegri to be given time and resources to see whether he's up to the job.
Is van Gaal still available?

1ban
I hate the fact that people keep complaining to sack allegri, really for me i think for a coach brought from a lower team to come and coach a team like ac milan, i mean anybody shouldn't expect a miracle, as far as am concerned he has tried even for the fact that he gambled in some matches- i don't think it's a gamble it could be inexperience.
But on the other hand it will be so sad for us to loose the league after several weeks of first position but i don't see that coming let's all be optimistic. allegri will give us the scudetto. hopes-hopes-hopes.

Of course, he will be available cause bayern munich has terminated his contract so he will be available at the end of the season.

Do you want allegri sacked or why are you asking if he's available. i love allegri
(03-28-2011, 07:28 PM)idowu Wrote: I hate the fact that people keep complaining to sack allegri, really for me i think for a coach brought from a lower team to come and coach a team like ac milan, i mean anybody shouldn't expect a miracle, as far as am concerned he has tried even for the fact that he gambled in some matches- i don't think it's a gamble it could be inexperience.
But on the other hand it will be so sad for us to loose the league after several weeks of first position but i don't see that coming let's all be optimistic. allegri will give us the scudetto. hopes-hopes-hopes.

Of course, he will be available cause bayern munich has terminated his contract so he will be available at the end of the season.

Do you want allegri sacked or why are you asking if he's available. i love allegri

I think Reza was joking by suggesting Van Gaal Wink