Winter Transfer Window 2017
Big Grin
Big Grin

A club like Lyon can afford to risk 20m (that can rise to more) for Depay, a player on high wages who has been a flop at United ... we desperately need new owners.
(01-18-2017, 06:45 PM)nefremo Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if there was just an informational meeting...especially if he really is a target for the Chinese. Most big transfers don't actually happen in the summer, they just end in the summer. A lot of times we find out later on that the groundwork for big transfers was laid months in advance.

Either way, I don't actually believe we'll buy Aubameyang. At this point, it's hard to take anythibg seriously. I just want the takeover to be official first. Than we can talk about all that other stuff.

About Deulofeu.....it seems like a signing that Montella would want and that's why I am for it. RW or LW, I am sure Montella has a plan on how to use him and Suso both. I am not to concerned with the media stories and Galliani's comments to be honest. I think at the end Everton will allow him to leave on a loan with option and Barcelona will agree with it. I have lost all confidence in Niang so getting Deulofeu is a good thing in my book. Because obviously, if it's not him, it will be "stay as we are". I am willing to wait and see how this ends. It's not like we have another option or even a single Euro for another option for that matter.

In other news....the talk of Insigne is lingering around. He is yet to renew with Napoli and there is still a big gap between the two. It's been a few days of stories now saying that we are keeping tabs on him and I even think I read somewhere that we've met with his agent. I would absolutely love this move. Insigne is a very underrated player imo. He is a top attacker and would solve a big problem in our squad.

Maybe let's go all Italian this summer. Insigne, Belotti, Verratti. Big Grin

YES! Insigne, Belotti, Verratti would be awesome!

on serious note, Deulofeu would have been good because he's a decent young player who would be, worst case - a good backup to Suso, Best case - our new LW with Suso continuing as RW. 

Niang has had so many opportunities, not sure it's time to give up on him but with talks of Arsenal interested in him, I'd be pushing to sell him off. See if we can get some decent money out of him...
The problem with Niang is that certain aspects of his game have not improved like they should have. For example, his first touch. When a player is 18 and takes bad 1st touches, you tend to forgive them because it's normal. They are only 18 after all. But when you fast forward 4 years and that player is now 22, STILL with a bad first touch, you can't help it but think that maybe it's just never going to be there. It just reminds me of Pato and El Shaarawy to be honest. I've had a similar talk with Dev about Pato......and in all honesty, Niang is a similar case, only that Pato perhaps had a lot more talent and obviously a much much better eye for goal. His stats with us are a proof of that. Where I see the biggest similarity is, for example again, the first touch. When Pato came as a 17 year old, this was a problem. But we all expectes that it will naturally get fixed. If you watch Pato even today, he still makes the same mistakes. So again, I am afraid Niang will end up the same. And it's not just the first touch. That's just one of the things and what I chose as an example. But there is other things like his shooting and finishing, his 1v1 ability, his combination ability, etc.

For these reasons, I would not be opposed to selling Niang and cashing in. BUT, he has to be replaced with a better player otherwise we have done nothing.
(01-18-2017, 11:20 PM)nefremo Wrote: The problem with Niang is that certain aspects of his game have not improved like they should have. For example, his first touch. When a player is 18 and takes bad 1st touches, you tend to forgive them because it's normal. They are only 18 after all. But when you fast forward 4 years and that player is now 22, STILL with a bad first touch, you can't help it but think that maybe it's just never going to be there. It just reminds me of Pato and El Shaarawy to be honest. I've had a similar talk with Dev about Pato......and in all honesty, Niang is a similar case, only that Pato perhaps had a lot more talent and obviously a much much better eye for goal. His stats with us are a proof of that. Where I see the biggest similarity is, for example again, the first touch. When Pato came as a 17 year old, this was a problem. But we all expectes that it will naturally get fixed. If you watch Pato even today, he still makes the same mistakes. So again, I am afraid Niang will end up the same. And it's not just the first touch. That's just one of the things and what I chose as an example. But there is other things like his shooting and finishing, his 1v1 ability, his combination ability, etc.

For these reasons, I would not be opposed to selling Niang and cashing in. BUT, he has to be replaced with a better player otherwise we have done nothing.

exactly... If we say, sold him for for 15-16(realistically what we could get for him) sign up Balde for probably around 20ish? we could do the whole loan with obligation... half now, half later...
I know that we haven't been officially linked with him but do we really want to take a risk on Belotti? It was about ten years ago that we signed another promising Italian striker on the back of two strong seasons and we know how that ended. I'm not saying that every Italian striker will turn out the same but I haven't watched Belotti closely so I just want to be sure that he'll be a good fit (especially if Torino are going to ask for crazy money).
Siamo a posto cosi.
Belotti is different than Gilardino. The only thing they have in common is that they are Italian. Gilardino was a poacher a'la Inzaghi. Belotti seems to be much more than that. He is not a graceful striker like Shevchenko for example, but a hard working team player that on first look doesn't seem so talented....however quickly his consistency in the things he does comes to light. For example, this past weekend, his movement drove our 2 CBs crazy. He looks like the sort of player that would be clumsy with his touches....but that couldn't be any further from the truth. His first touch is especially very clean.

I am with you though. I don't know yet if he is worth the risk. One thing is for sure.....he is in no way worth the 60+ that Torino has apparently rejected from Arsenal. At the maximum, he is worth 30mil and that's REALLY pushing it. But I guess this is the market these days. Players go for ridiculous prices. I don't know if Torino is really wanting more than 60mil or if they are just plain crazy....or if that report was bullshit! Either way, I am sure he will go for a lot of money.

I personally wouldn't spend a dime on Belotti before securing a top class midfielder, winger and a wingback plus a CB possibly. After that, we can start thinking about touching up and upgrading other positions like Belotti's.
Hello guys and best wishes for this new year !

Nowadays, we've been linked with excellent players and crappy ones at the same time ...
Hard days to be a Milan fan (regarding the mercato, because it's a pleasure to watch our team playing again, all these young players !).

To give my 2 cents on Belotti, he reminds me of a kind of Cavani. The guy never stops running, moving and trying. He's the kind of striker who can have 5-6 chances to score per game if he is provided by good players.
If we do have the money, I'd put the 60M on him and sell Bacca for 25-30M at the same time if any offer comes.

We've been linked with Aubameyang too. That's a weird link, I don't see him coming back if we don't qualify for CL, so it could be a waste of time to even consider him as an option for next season, because with no new player this winter, it's going to be very hard to push for a CL spot until the end of this championship.

Anyway, again if we do have the money, I'd go ... for these both players !

Insigne and Keita being linked with us more and more means Niang won't be a valid option for us and could be certainly sold sooner than later (especially given how his form has dropped).

Today, we're also linked with Dahoud from the unwrittable club from Germany (Monchenglenbach ?) ... he has a 25-30M value. Is he any good ?
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Now they aparently want to accept.

http://www.football-italia.net/97093/eve...feu-option

According to Sky Sport Italia, Everton have opened the door to loaning Gerard Deulofeu to Milan with option to buy.
This will have to involve Barcelona, who have a buy-back clause on Deulofeu, but they don’t seem too concerned by the situation.

http://www.football-italia.net/97105/mil...gomez-move

Aparently we're now chasing Papu Gomez from Atalanta.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(01-19-2017, 12:01 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Hello guys and best wishes for this new year !

Nowadays, we've been linked with excellent players and crappy ones at the same time ...
Hard days to be a Milan fan (regarding the mercato, because it's a pleasure to watch our team playing again, all these young players !).

To give my 2 cents on Belotti, he reminds me of a kind of Cavani. The guy never stops running, moving and trying. He's the kind of striker who can have 5-6 chances to score per game if he is provided by good players.
If we do have the money, I'd put the 60M on him and sell Bacca for 25-30M at the same time if any offer comes.

We've been linked with Aubameyang too. That's a weird link, I don't see him coming back if we don't qualify for CL, so it could be a waste of time to even consider him as an option for next season, because with no new player this winter, it's going to be very hard to push for a CL spot until the end of this championship.

Anyway, again if we do have the money, I'd go ... for these both players !

Insigne and Keita being linked with us more and more means Niang won't be a valid option for us and could be certainly sold sooner than later (especially given how his form has dropped).

Today, we're also linked with Dahoud from the unwrittable club from Germany (Monchenglenbach ?) ... he has a 25-30M value. Is he any good ?

Haha Mönchengladbach I rate Dahoud but I don't think he is a nescessairy player for us. He is kind of a playmaker in my opinion. If we just keep on playing with Bonaventura, Locatelli and Kucka on the midfield what would mean Bonaventura wont play LW anymore I think Kucka should be the first one to be replaced. If we would just buy a young and strong box to box player and let him rotate with Lucka I think our midfiel would be okay. 
Dahoud will want a lot of playing time if he were to play for us which means Bonaventura will play less, so I'd rather not have Dahoud.