Winter Transfer Window 2017
Im not sure how good Ocampos is now, but he was one talented youngster in FM. Anyway I dont have have problem us getting player from Genoa if hes proven good, Perotti seems a good signing for Roma for eg. (but yes he's bought not loaned of course) This has been over and over again, budget close to zero is nothing new, its been seasons. and Galliani's only solution is getting someone from Genoa in the last minute. I cant think of names for good backup now, but Chelsea for example has plenty of talented young players out on loan (I read an article somewhere), go around those clubs and negotiate. btw Jese is also available, and seems close to signing for Boro on loan.
aka edysim
Guys, I get that he was in Genoa. You don't have to tell me. I have bombarded Galliani for years now for only doing deals with Genoa. I am on the same page with you about that.

I never said that Ocampos is a "great winger". I have only seen him a few times at Genoa and I remotely remember watching him play for Monaco a couple years ago, but can't say that I remember details of him being a great winger. From what I have seen of him in Genoa this year, he is going to AT LEAST do as good of a job on the wing for us as Niang did. That's AT THE VERY LEAST in my opinion. Deulofeu is our "big" signing for the wings/attack this winter. With the signing of Deulofeu, Niang was bumped into a back-up role. Clearly there was some shit that happened between Niang and Montella/coaching staff/management in the last couple of weeks, so he was shipped off immediately. SO NOW, we needed a replacement FOR THE BACK UP!!! Ocampos is exactly that, and I see absolutely no problem with that EVEN THOUGH he is from Genoa. I don't know how else to explain it. We can bash Galliani all we want. Fine. The fact of the matter is that this signing alone, is not bad at all looking at the circumstances.

About Genoa not keeping him and him being the "weakest" link....that couldn't be any further from the truth. He has done well over there and was mostly a starter for them. You also have to realize that this is Genoa and Preziosi....so yes, they WILL do a favor to Galliani if they can take any money from him because also, if you look at their status right now.....they are safe from relegation (#1 target for them, no matter what they say), and they have no chance nor do they have any ambitions to shoot for Europe. The only reason they would have signed Ocampos from Marseille was if they could have possibly sold him for more, but by the looks of it they can't and won't be willing to take the risk. So there is no harm for them in handing over Ocampos, making a bit of money (500k and save on wages), and along the way obviously do a favor to Galliani, who let's not forget has FUNDED their fuking team for years now. So just because they are giving us Ocampos, doesn't mean that he is a terrible player. That's the completely wrong way to look at things. They also gave Rincon to Juvenuts! Let me remind you, he was probably their most valuable midfielder. So does he suck too? Come on man! This is Genoa you are talking about. A mid-lower table club for the most part that has more or less achieved their objective for the season.

edysim, Jese is leaving PSG because he was on the bench over there. If he comes to Milan, he will only come to be the undisputed starter. For us, it was always going to be either Deulofeu OR Jese. Not both. Seeing as we were never ever linked to Jese, I think we put our bet on Deulofeu for whatever reason. I don't know what it is, but there must have been one. Maybe it was financial more than sporting. I have no idea. In all honesty, I don't really have a preference between the two (Deulofeu or Jese), so for me, this is fine.
Galliani is the worst, just agree on that, more evidence:

Pato close, not official, to Tianjin Quanjian for 18million
Let's just hope this is last season we receive such a "favors" from Genoa. If they can provide 2-3 players for top clubs every year they would be in euro competition not relegation battle. Luckily that Ocampos is loan and he'll be gone in summer.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Man, how the mighty have fallen for Pato. The guy was one of the hottest stars in soccer just a few years ago. And now, he can't even find a team in Europe who gives enough of a damn to keep him around. It is amazing to me that it takes so long for a player to establish himself as a top player and yet such a short time to fall off the face of earth.
It's also amazing that the Chinese clubs are paying 18mil for him even these days! Big Grin

@Sampinjon.....I am not disagreeing! I would be more than fine if we never ever do business with Genoa again. It would be nice though, if they did us ONE last favor and took Poli off our hands. Big Grin
Only if they buy him completely, no loans Big Grin

It was also speculation (end of december i think) that Torino wants Poli ,but after that nothing... guess it was fake...
(01-27-2017, 08:23 PM)nefremo Wrote: It's also amazing that the Chinese clubs are paying 18mil for him even these days! Big Grin

18m paid by a Chinese club is worth about 9m by an EPL club, or 5m by an Italian club, so that's not really a high price. Icon_lol2

I bet that Pato will score in his debut for his new club. Hasn't he ALWAYS done that? 

After that, of course, he will just disappear again.  Devilol
(01-27-2017, 06:36 PM)reza Wrote: Galliani is the worst, just agree on that, more evidence:

Pato close, not official, to Tianjin Quanjian for 18million

Lets bash Galli while he's still around..  Sagrin we might miss it one day
If this is truth it must be done.

http://www.football-italia.net/97535/mar...m-lapadula

According to L’Equipe, Olympique Marseille have met with Gianluca Lapadula and are prepared to pay Milan’s €20m asking price.