Summer transfer window 2017
(02-27-2017, 11:25 PM)porcho Wrote: Musacchio - why not for 25mill... although I still have the same reservations as before... Good defender but injury prone
musacchio's great on his day but is far too injury prone for my liking. he only managed 14 games the past two seasons because he was constantly injured. this season he's managed the same number but missed 9 games through injury. is that the kind of player we need to bring us back to glory? i also don't think he's the player he was due to injuries/playing infrequently. i watched him in the europa league game against roma and he got skinned multiple times by dzeko who's not exactly the quickest. why can't we target a top cb in his prime like inter's doing with marquinhos/manolas/koulibaly? they're only one point above us! musacchio's a gamble and judging by his playing history not a very intelligent one.
(02-28-2017, 05:18 AM)xudong Wrote: Anyone keeping track on Ivan De Santis? How has he grown?

My ultimate dream player on CB position is Laporte.
yes laporte's a beast who plays for midtable bilbao so surely couldn't say no to milan? he's got a 65m release clause though!
He said no to Man City last summer after they agreed terms with Bilbao. I am sure they'll be back for him this summer, especially after the problems they've had at the back...
(02-28-2017, 01:48 PM)nefremo Wrote: He said no to Man City last summer after they agreed terms with Bilbao. I am sure they'll be back for him this summer, especially after the problems they've had at the back...
unfortunately that's what having a high profile manager like guardiola does. that's why i'd prefer a more established name over montella to help attract stars. just like mancini did at inter or ancelotti at psg.
an italian newspaper claims inter have already signed berardi and will invest 200m this summer. looks like we won't be the only ones!
My point was that he actually said no to Guardiola. I was saying, if he can say no to Guardiola and City, he will surely say no to Milan....that was to follow up on the comment that he would easily swap mid-table Bilbao for Milan. But in any case, I agree with you...if City is in, he will probably choose them over Milan just because of Guardiola.
However, I don't agree that we need to swap Montella for a higher profile coach. I think he's doing a great job and needs to stay. The players that come here need to want to come for Milan first and foremost. Regardless, I just don't see any high profile coaches that are available to begin with.

About Inter, they will surely be the other team in Italy able to spend a lot of money. Let's not forget, it was confirmed that last summer they offered 75mil to Real for James. James rejected them though, even though Real accepted the offer. I expect Inter to spend huge sums this summer. I am just hoping that they don't make the CL and that they might limit them in terms of players that actually want to go to them.

I am not worried that they are getting Berardi. He was always destined to end up there, being their fan and all. There are plenty of other players we can go for.
(02-28-2017, 05:50 AM)porcho Wrote: he's played in all 5 games since the new loan... 3 wins, a loss, and a draw... but can't find any more stats on it...
But I suppose if he's played in all 5 games he can't be doing all that bad...

(02-28-2017, 08:33 AM)edysim Wrote: https://youtu.be/TLmSFX1OxZc

Came across this, I think he's quite impressive. we should have him back for our ItalMilan project haha seriously hes better than current bench player

Thanks to both of you for the update. I am glad that he is not turning out like Mastour (I heard that he has terribly regressed).

(02-28-2017, 01:13 PM)donlocatelli Wrote: yes laporte's a beast who plays for midtable bilbao so surely couldn't say no to milan? he's got a 65m release clause though!

(02-28-2017, 01:48 PM)nefremo Wrote: He said no to Man City last summer after they agreed terms with Bilbao. I am sure they'll be back for him this summer, especially after the problems they've had at the back...

Didn't he say no to Barcelona as well? I can be wrong, but somehow I have that impression. I don't follow him closely, but from the little I see, he is a beast indeed!
(02-28-2017, 03:20 PM)nefremo Wrote: My point was that he actually said no to Guardiola. I was saying, if he can say no to Guardiola and City, he will surely say no to Milan....that was to follow up on the comment that he would easily swap mid-table Bilbao for Milan. But in any case, I agree with you...if City is in, he will probably choose them over Milan just because of Guardiola.
However, I don't agree that we need to swap Montella for a higher profile coach. I think he's doing a great job and needs to stay. The players that come here need to want to come for Milan first and foremost. Regardless, I just don't see any high profile coaches that are available to begin with.

About Inter, they will surely be the other team in Italy able to spend a lot of money. Let's not forget, it was confirmed that last summer they offered 75mil to Real for James. James rejected them though, even though Real accepted the offer. I expect Inter to spend huge sums this summer. I am just hoping that they don't make the CL and that they might limit them in terms of players that actually want to go to them.

I am not worried that they are getting Berardi. He was always destined to end up there, being their fan and all. There are plenty of other players we can go for.
i think he rejected city last summer for a number of reasons. e.g. late offer, limited first team opportunities plus he was recovering from injury. i don't think he'll turn them down again this summer though. playing in cl, monster epl salary plus working with guardiola will be hard to reject twice. i like montella and think he's done very well with a mediocre squad. however, we're only 3 points further ahead compared to the same stage last season and he's not a big enough name to attract top players like laporte. that's why i'd prefer somebody like mancini or even ranieri who are both available.

re inter, personally i think their cl dreams ended after losing to roma. however, i still think they'll be an attractive destination for top players because like it or not they have a much better squad than ours. they've also been heavily linked to top coaches like simeone and conte who can attract any player as highlighted in my previous point. i personally hope inter have a successful season and spend big as it would put pressure on our owners to match them given we're direct rivals and both chinese owned.
(02-28-2017, 03:54 PM)xudong Wrote: Thanks to both of you for the update. I am glad that he is not turning out like Mastour (I heard that he has terribly regressed).

Didn't he say no to Barcelona as well? I can be wrong, but somehow I have that impression. I don't follow him closely, but from the little I see, he is a beast indeed!
mastour has indeed regressed. he's only managed 150mins this season playing for a 13th placed eredivisie side so think we can forget about him! i wonder if its possible to sue him for fraud/misrepresentation!? never thought i'd say it but noce was a far better investment for 500k!

if laporte turned down barca then he's a fool. unless he was holding out for playing for us of course haha.
spalletti's out of contract at the end of the season. wouldn't mind him here at all.