Matchday 37: Milan - Bologna (Sunday May 21 2017, 15:00)
(05-21-2017, 03:59 PM)somedevil Wrote: So now we play the Europa League qualifying. What round do we enter?

Third qualifying round. Two round till the main tournament.
(05-21-2017, 04:04 PM)Joël Wrote: Third qualifying round. Two round till the main tournament.

So third round, second round, playoffs and then the group stage. Shit!
(05-21-2017, 03:59 PM)somedevil Wrote: So now we play the Europa League qualifying. What round do we enter?

3rd qualifying round late July and early August games

Not exactly easy

[Image: hp52ESN.png]
Second half was much better than the first, Mati and Honda turned the game and it was much more like I'd have expected.

All in all, mission accomplished and the new owners finally get a win, though I feel somewhat mixed about the season overall. On the whole, we should take this as a step forward from where we're coming from, but recent weeks and months have left some real concerns about the amount of work needed and evidently some questions on Montella too, who at Christmas was untouchable in his position.

That said, I try to be optimistic. We're finally back in Europe after a few years out, we have a young group on which we can build around (as long as Montella's prepared to use them) and if the news is anything to go by, we have a lot to look forward to this summer.

Congratulations to Cutrone on his debut too. This guy's been scoring for fun at youth levels, so he's one to keep an eye on. He had a decent cameo today. I doubt it'll happen, but I think it would be good if Montella used some of the young players in the final match. I'd like to see Locatelli and Calabria being used, and Cutrone given a longer stint on the pitch.
Atleast its europe and we can attract more better players to play for us.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
(05-21-2017, 04:06 PM)reza Wrote: 3rd qualifying round late July and early August games

Not exactly easy

FAr, far from easy. We better sign some new players and quick.
(05-21-2017, 04:06 PM)reza Wrote: 3rd qualifying round late July and early August games

Not exactly easy

After looking at the dates, does anyone think that our new Management actually planned ahead for this? This is probably another reason why they've been on such a mission to build our team up before June ends.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
It's probably an incentive to act quickly, but even if it wasn't the case, I think they would be in a hurry to get signings made early.
(05-21-2017, 04:10 PM)Ryo Wrote: After looking at the dates, does anyone think that our new Management actually planned ahead for this? This is probably another reason why they've been on such a mission to build our team up before June ends.

I really hope so. Coz we will barely have a pre-season this time. It's May end already. June is probably all holidays. My guess is they come back in the beginning of july. Barely in time to get ready. No money making friendly tournaments either.
Sounds like the plan is to have most of the squad ready in early July, so yeah, I think they've been planning for this for a while now. It's going to be an interesting project, and I think we'll definitely have a much stronger squad next season.