Summer transfer window 2017
Can't say I've seen him play. He seems to have a ton of teams interested though, so he must be doing something right.

Regardless, if we want him to be our main striker, than it's definitely risky. The transition from Scotland to Italy won't be easy....so I hope that we are interested in him as the young striker that we will groom and slowly take over while still providing a healthy contribution.
Dembele is going to be used as our secondary striker
Btw what do you guys think? I like the big money transfers and the instant quality they add. But why doesn't our management look at the smaller talents the ones who aren't as hyped. If you look at the   Ligue 1 for example or the Southern American leagues or teams like Dinamo Zagreb. The amount of talent that pops up there every year could really give us a quality boost for the bench for example.

Most of those players won't reach the world class quality but they are good squad player for prices lower than 10 million. If you look at this Dembele for example I'm sure that he has talent but he'll cost a lot to and the only reason for that is that he's hyped. I'm sure that with some good scouting we can find a equally talented player for half his money.  Maybe they want to build the base first so that they have that ready and the steals will come near the end of the market. At least I hope so because a team with 5 rather expensive new players together with the average core won't work in my opinion.
No to Dembele; unproven, overhyped, overprice, and overall not worth it.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Someone edited the English Wikipedia:

Quote:"Ricardo Iván Rodríguez Araya (born 25 August 1992) is a Swiss professional footballer who plays as a left back for A.C.Milan in the Serie a"

Sagrin
(06-04-2017, 03:07 PM)Aficio Wrote: Someone edited the English Wikipedia:

Sagrin

I remember when I was 8 yrs old I deleted like 30 lines of the Dutch Inter wikipedia page and replaced them with the Dutch word for bad.  Icon_lol2
(06-04-2017, 03:03 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: No to Dembele; unproven, overhyped, overprice, and overall not worth it.

I've never seen him play, but scoring 34 goals in his debut season even in the Bangladesh league would be considered to an extent 'proven' and deserving of the hype. Besides the fact that it's his debut season there, keep in mind he's only 20, that makes it a lot more intriguing.

I do agree that the quality of the Scottish League cannot be compared though to regular leagues.

Based on highlights videos (which is never the right way to rate a player) I'd value him up to 25m.

Plus he can do a lot more with the ball than Belotti. He's more technical and that's always an advantage. He can only improve. Plus, doing this well at this age in the Scottish League means that we can't literally lose money on buying him. We will always be able to sell him back to the Premier League where he'll always have suitors.
(06-04-2017, 03:20 PM)Hitman Wrote: I've never seen him play, but scoring 34 goals in his debut season even in the Bangladesh league would be considered to an extent 'proven' and deserving of the hype. Besides the fact that it's his debut season there, keep in mind he's only 20, that makes it a lot more intriguing.

I do agree that the quality of the Scottish League cannot be compared though to regular leagues.

Based on highlights videos (which is never the right way to rate a player) I'd value him up to 25m.

Plus he can do a lot more with the ball than Belotti. He's more technical and that's always an advantage. He can only improve. Plus, doing this well at this age in the Scottish League means that we can't literally lose money on buying him. We will always be able to sell him back to the Premier League where he'll always have suitors.
Well he scored 32 and he had 49 games to do so but that's still a lot ofcourse. But if you look at the stats Celtic scored 106 goals in 38 games in the Scottish Premiership Dembele scored 17, Celtic scored 17 goals in 5 games in the SFA Cup Dembele scored 4 it's not insane if you look at how much power Celtic has in Scotland.
I like this MilanMania tweet:

Milan are taking a hard line on Donnarumma, with reports he’s been asked to choose between his club and agent Raiola - Corriere della Sera

Frankly, it needs to be done. If the price of getting rid of fucking Raiola is Donnarumma, so be it. We need to stop dealing with this scumbag and his players. If Donnarumma prefers a little bit more money over playing for Milan, then he can go fuck himself too. All that stories about him loving the club wanted to be captain one day blah blah will prove to be lies. I really liked the kid but he is being beyond stupid.
Gotta love this new mgt despite only for few months, no player is bigger than the club. We offered 4.5M but rejected clauses that are not benefiting us. Its Donna's call now( or his agent) . By this timing, the love and respect I have for Donna is not the same anymore, if there is 'reasonable' offer coming tomorrow, I wont hesitate a bit to let him go. Im seriously irritated.

Dont you ever try kiss the badge for nothing.