Summer transfer window 2017
55M (if for real) is a very good bargain for James regardless of how/who we pair him up with. In terms of marketing, we could in increase significantly our value Smile
James is a terrific talent, but I am not sure how he would fit on this team. Montella seems to like play with wingers, and James is definitely not a winger. I also think Montella likes to have a little more speed up front, especially with Suso not being much of a speedster himself. James is more of a No 10, which is not a position that we play with much these days.

Renato Sanchez and Costa would probably be better signings, fit wise. Although, isn't Sanchez sort of the same type of player with Kessie? I would think we need someone who can bring a little more technical abilities than that with Kessie and Biglia already in tow.
(06-06-2017, 06:51 AM)Ryo Wrote: 55M for James, but then we'd have to partner him up with Bacca and Lapadula? Are you guys really okay with that?
That's assuming we don't sell Donnarumma of course...

Fantastico Mercato or not, we still have a budget guys. Keisse (5M), Mussachio (18M), Rodriguez (15M), Conti (??M), Biglia (??M)...... And Belotti/Auba (70M)..... can we really afford the 55M?

James plays with Bacca at Colombia NT.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(06-06-2017, 12:54 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: James plays with Bacca at Colombia NT.

I know that mate, but that's not the issue here. 

I was asking whether we'd be able to bring in James along with a star attacker to replace Bacca all in the same mercato.
I get that they're both from Columbia, as is Zapata, but given we're already reportedly going for one of Auba or Belotti, would we even have the funds to fund a move for James is what I'm asking.

Not every team wants to get paid out over the course of 2 years mind you, some teams may want all the cash up front in order to replace what they sold off.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Corriere della Sera: Due to the impending arrival of Lucas Biglia, club captain Montolivo may be re-considering staying at Milan.

Grinundwech
(06-06-2017, 02:31 PM)reza Wrote: Corriere della Sera: Due to the impending arrival of Lucas Biglia, club captain Montolivo may be re-considering staying at Milan.

Grinundwech

Na na na na..

Sagrin
(06-06-2017, 01:25 PM)Ryo Wrote: I know that mate, but that's not the issue here. 

I was asking whether we'd be able to bring in James along with a star attacker to replace Bacca all in the same mercato.
I get that they're both from Columbia, as is Zapata, but given we're already reportedly going for one of Auba or Belotti, would we even have the funds to fund a move for James is what I'm asking.

Not every team wants to get paid out over the course of 2 years mind you, some teams may want all the cash up front in order to replace what they sold off.

I'm fine with getting James and not selling Bacca if that's what you mean. He is a quality striker and can score 20-30 goals a season, assuming excellent midfield support.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(06-06-2017, 12:54 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: James plays with Bacca at Colombia NT.

So what? He also plays with Cuadrado at the NT and several other players who belong to other teams.

Money talks, nothing else.
wow wow wow wait a minute this is our captain that manage to dethrone seedorf and inzaghi in the same season now wants to go just because biglia is here Devilol he can get out from this club, i dont care about him. the worst captain in milan history ever.
(06-06-2017, 02:53 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: I'm fine with getting James and not selling Bacca if that's what you mean. He is a quality striker and can score 20-30 goals a season, assuming excellent midfield support.

Well we still need to upgrade the attack in a year or so, since Bacca'll be almost 32 by then. 
I would agree with you in that I still think Carlos can do well for us given decent service, but that age of his is a bit of a handicap if we were looking to sell him sometime down the line. Lapadula also isn't the most reliably consistent of backups either.

That said, if James does arrive, I'm guessing we'll be playing two mids in front of the defense then, unless we manage to snag a Kante caliber DMF. 

We really need to upgrade our midfield and attack badly.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool