Summer transfer window 2017
In regards to the 18 year old signing contract thing. I believe that you can get a player to sign a pre contract if they're at you're club. It's non binding but it gets them to agree terms and salary and on they're 18th birthday all they do is sign the new contract that was previously agreed on and you continue as normal. On this case it wouldn't have worked anyway. They(Gigio and the snake) would have signed at 1-1.5 mill a year and then when it came to the final signature on his 18th birthday would have pulled the same stunt.
On Galliani, Raiola is the only one that loses out there... with Fester he would have got whatever money and clause that he wanted as well as a juicy signing fee.
On DES and Gigio situation being blamed on Galliani. They can both see what's happening st the club. They can both see that things are getting better. They can both see that we're moving forward. Yet they've chosen to part ways or try find greener grass. Good luck to them, I think they'll find the grass isn't always greener and that moving might is likely not the right option for their careers.
(06-27-2017, 11:27 PM)porcho Wrote: In regards to the 18 year old signing contract thing. I believe that you can get a player to sign a pre contract if they're at you're club. It's non binding but it gets them to agree terms and salary and on they're 18th birthday all they do is sign the new contract that was previously agreed on and you continue as normal. On this case it wouldn't have worked anyway. They(Gigio and the snake) would have signed at 1-1.5 mill a year and then when it came to the final signature on his 18th birthday would have pulled the same stunt.
On Galliani, Raiola is the only one that loses out there... with Fester he would have got whatever money and clause that he wanted as well as a juicy signing fee.
On DES and Gigio situation being blamed on Galliani. They can both see what's happening st the club. They can both see that things are getting better. They can both see that we're moving forward. Yet they've chosen to part ways or try find greener grass. Good luck to them, I think they'll find the grass isn't always greener and that moving might is likely not  the right option for their careers.

I actually think De Sciglio's career needs this move into another club. He's no longer been good enough in Milan for at least 2 years. He should have moved before actually, so no problem with him moving, in whatever club as I think he'll be a good player, nothing more (it's why I don't care if he goes to Juv).

About Donnarumma, a move at 18 isn't likely to help his career, especially when you're already the starting GK of a club like Milan and that the club is starting to build a good/great (we'll see in the near future) team.

Their situations are completely different and I don't understand why both players were brought in the same paragraph earlier on the forum.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
On Donnarumma being a Milan fan, I believe it's down to his family, and particularly his brother Antonio, supporting Milan and he followed suit. It doesn't matter right now anyway, supporter or not, we need clarity on his situation.

On comparing DES and Gigio, I think the situations aren't comparable. I've shown much more compassion towards DES' situation compared to Gigio. The key difference is DES has had a number of difficult years, has generally never shown a desire to leave until more recently (and it's not been public, just rumours) and in terms of relationship with the fans, over the years he's been valued less and less and is someone who is one of the most criticised in the squad. He's no longer deemed unsellable by the club it seems, with replacements lined up very quickly for his position. Therefore, if he leaves I don't really think I'd harbour any ill will, I think it would be something that all parties were expecting.

With Gigio, the key difference is the club have wanted to build around him and in response he and Raiola (and pretty much anyone else related to them) have dealt with the situation terribly, showing a clear lack of respect towards the club, being unclear or unreasonable with expectations and treating the new management unfairly. Unlike De Sciglio, so far his time in the first team has been mostly positive. Yes the club have struggled but there have been reasons to be optimistic since he broke through under Mihajlovic and he's been given the opportunity to strike big which he would never have gotten elsewhere. Unlike DES, he was loved and admired by the fans and was seen as the poster boy for the future of Milan, while the actions of the new management so far this summer create no reason to doubt the new project and attempts to build to a stronger future.

In more positive news, the press are saying Conti will likely be wrapped up by the end of the week (especially now that Italy are out of the euros).

Calhanoglu seems to be a very real possibility, with the player reportedly agreeing terms with Milan and the clubs set to negotiate. The biggest reason for optimism imo is that unlike Cairo and Lotito (or even Percassi), it seems Leverkusen are very fair in valuating the player, with us potentially picking him up for a very good price if rumours are true.

One final point...

http://www.milannews.it/news/milan-spesi...ato-259145

Basically it says that despite spending around 70m on the market so far, only 2.5m has been spent on commissions to agents. A significant difference to the days of Pigeon and a clear reason why Raiola and this management are like water and oil.
We've been linked, in France, with two players :
- Koscielny
- Mangala

The first one is a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG NO ! He's a kind of Paletta, maybe a bit better and younger, but he is able to play at an amazing level in one game and have a stupid red card in the following one. He is very weak mentally, and we need to build a strong side, technically, physically and mentally. No place in Milan for such a guy.

About Mangala, I don't really know how he has evolved in these last few seasons and what is his level. I know he's physically strong, and that's maybe something we still lack in our defence.

So far, we've actually built a new defence, especially if Conti comes, that means we will only keep Romagnoli as a starter from our starting defence of 2016-2017. If we are still looking for another defender, that will mean two things : we want a new bench too (higher level overall), or plan to give more options to Montella to build a formation (3 central defenders).
We're now linked to high level midfielders (especially compared to our current ones). Calhanoglu is the kind of midfielder we have missed for years in our team.
Apparently we are signing Borini, with a medical scheduled for tomorrow. No mention on how much we are paying. The guy is crap imo, but it doesn't really bother me. We all know that he will be 3rd or even 4th choice (of we use 2 up front). Some sites are also mentioming that the fact we are signing Borini means that we will not go for Kalinic but instead for a big name.

The other thing with Borini coming is that we can expect Bacca and Lapadula to be gone.

@Geo, I think your assessment on both those players is spot on. Mangala is a weird one. He went from the most wanted CB in Europe to nothing in record time.
(06-28-2017, 10:05 AM)nefremo Wrote: Apparently we are signing Borini, with a medical scheduled for tomorrow. No mention on how much we are paying. The guy is crap imo, but it doesn't really bother me. We all know that he will be 3rd or even 4th choice (of we use 2 up front). Some sites are also mentioming that the fact we are signing Borini means that we will not go for Kalinic but instead for a big name.

The other thing with Borini coming is that we can expect Bacca and Lapadula to be gone.

@Geo, I think your assessment on both those players is spot on. Mangala is a weird one. He went from the most wanted CB in Europe to nothing in record time.

About Mangala, it has more to do with Guardiola not wanting this guy than his real level I think (Guardiola is known to like some players and make them play, and just to even not consider some others, without any special obvious reason). I don't know how he played in Valencia.

About Borini, it's a useless move I think, as we could/should have kept (admitting he will leave) Lapadula as 3rd/4th choice. The guy isn't the most talented, but he has grinta when sent on the pitch, so he would have deserved a second year.

It seems Borini will come on loan (1M) and we will have either an option or obligation to buy him for 5 or 6M at the end of the season.

Some reports were put online at the same time about a meeting for Kalinic coming soon. I don't really understand what we plan and want to do with our attacking line (while it's easy to understand with our defence).
I'm not for signing Borini but he can play multiple positions. Adds depth, albeit not good depth, but depth nonetheless
Quote:Borini will be a reserve player. Kalinic and Çalhanoglu+another player will arrive, Bacca and Lapadula heading out [@AntoVitiello].

Pretty much what we expected
Definitely not a signing to be excited about, but if it's a 1mil loan + obligation to buy if he plays 20 games....than it doesn't bother me. I can't see the guy playing more than 5/6 games this season. Yes, it's true that we can use a youngster to fill that role...but youngsters need to play more than 5 games a year to develop, so someone like Borini is not too bad.

@Geo, I think you have a point with Mangala and Guardiola, but he also didn't help his case before Guardiola got there. Can't say I saw him play too many times, but the times I did I remember him commiting costly errors...and I remember thinking "why the hell did City spend so much money on this guy"? The guy is a physical beast, but needs to seriously improve in everything else. Having said all of that....I also haven't seen him for Valencia.....but I agree that he may be something we lack due to the physicality perspective, and for the right price I would totally go for him.

Some rumors going around about including Bertolacci in the Kalinic deal. Kalinic is a good good target forward, holds up the play well and brings others into the game.....but we really need a striker that can score 25 goals a season in Serie A. Andre Silva is seems very talented, but not sure he can do that yet. Kalinic on the other hand has proven that he can't do that. So like Geo, I also don't understand what the plan for the attack is. If this means that we are saving up for a top winger/midfielder, ok....bit I'm not too sure about thay.
Looking at transfermarkt borini natural position is left wing. I think we buy him as a winger not a striker

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk