Summer transfer window 2017
If you look at squad when season ended 6 have left (we had 4 loanees) and we have bought 6, we don't have a huge squad imo but there are some players that were supposed to be gone by now, still mildly surprised there isn't more De Sciglio talk
A few of the points

Talk that the team is a work in progress and there is more to do but they are satisfied with what (6 signings) has been done.
Young players and rebuilding is one objective. Champions League the other.
Outgoing players still need to happen.
Still big players can arrive, this summer is about investment.
Two striker formation is possible.
Donnarumma is a great player and has our offer, we need quick response.
(07-05-2017, 01:39 PM)reza Wrote: If you look at squad when season ended 6 have left (we had 4 loanees) and we have bought 6, we don't have a huge squad imo but there are some players that were supposed to be gone by now, still mildly surprised there isn't more De Sciglio talk

I think Juventus are playing a waiting game. They know De Sciglio won't renew with us and therefore probably think we will eventually lower our asking price. Much like we're doing with Lazio for Biglia. Still early days in the transfer window.
Straight forward. That's what I'm talking about
True. I don't think the squad is THAT big as a whole. But, like you said, we have a little bit of an issue with players that we probably expected to be gone by now. I am talking about guys like Niang, Bacca, Sosa, MDS.

Anyway, without focusing on one single number for the entire squad....if we divide the squad by departments, than we are definitely in need of selling as some of the departments have too many players.

For example, we currently have Abate, Calabria, De sciglio, Vangioni, Antonelli, RR, and obviously the expectation is that Conti will sign by the end of the week. That is 7 players for 2 positions and ideally you only need 5 at most. 2 for either side and 1 that can be the emergency 5th choice. You can even get away with only 4. So at the very least 2 players definitely need to leave. (Expectation is obviously that those players will be MDS and Vangioni)

I don't want to go through every department separately because this post will turn into a novel, but you get my point.

Players that i expect to leave would be Paletta (2-5mil), MDS (10-15), Vangioni (1), Sosa (3-5), Bertolacci (7-10), Kucka (5-8), Niang (15-18), Bacca (18-25), Lapadula (10-15).
That's 71mil and the lowest price points.......I kept the low number very realistic imo and even though it's going to be hard hitting the high numbers.....I think we will get a bit more than the low point for some of those players, at least in bonuses/clauses, etc.
We ended the season with 28 players officially in our roster.
6 left.
6 arrived.

But you forget about the guys we sent on loan and who are back too ... That's why our total roster right now is 35 players (Fassone confirmed this fact).
We definitely need to sell or send players on loan before buying new ones.

Let's be careful with De Sciglio and Juventus, because he could well stay in Milan and leave for free next season, as we won't extend his contract (if I understand correctly) and Juventus are on other targets too (Danilo for something like 15M if I'm not wrong).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
True about MDS - Juventus stuff.....but I still think we should hold firm on the 15mil valuation. Screw Juventus. If we bring in Conti, I think everyone including MDS will expect that the starting fullbacks are going to be Conti and RR. He will not want to be on the bench the entire season and be a back up. After all, the salary he can demand from other clubs will be a lot less after spending a year on the bench.....and let's not forget that it will more or less kill his World Cup chances....which is obviously another platform to market yourself and get yourself a sweet contract.

My point is, sooner or later, if Juventus doesn't pay up.....even if they are MDS's 1st choice, he will realize that he needs to go to whoever will pay up and won't risk sitting on the bench.
Finding someone to pay up the 15mil may be hard, but you never know what happens in the next 2 months and I think other buyers will come forward.

At least that's what I am hoping for.
(07-05-2017, 01:39 PM)reza Wrote: If you look at squad when season ended 6 have left (we had 4 loanees) and we have bought 6, we don't have a huge squad imo but there are some players that were supposed to be gone by now, still mildly surprised there isn't more De Sciglio talk

We have many players out on loan which you forgotten about...
35? Niang is the only one that would be taking a spot, Vergara and the like I don't count, if we are willing to give away Poli free then the likes of Vergara someone will take for free or another loan, They weren't really part of the squad last August, except a preseason friendly or two to show case them, either. I am not worried about them taking up spots and making squad too big.
Quote:Fassone:  Signing a player like James? At the end of the week, we’ll have to make a budget estimate, based on our latest incomings and outgoings, and we could decide to spend on a single player or several of them. There’ll be surprises.

Devilcool