Summer transfer window 2017
What about a Aubameyang/Morata (one of them) + Bonucci move to close our mercato ?
Add Biglia and let's stop there !
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(07-12-2017, 11:21 PM)GeoTav Wrote: What about a Aubameyang/Morata (one of them) + Bonucci move to close our mercato ?
Add Biglia and let's stop there !

Bonucci long balls to Auba?

MAKE IT HAPPEN
let's wait and see if it's actually Milan that are behind Bonucci's sale according to his agent.

I like Bonucci and think he's a good defender.. but definitely not worth 40m and especially not at 30 year of age.

I'd rather get a defender for like 10-15m and instead save all that money on a LW/CF. I also feel this is a bit unrealistic still.. let's wait and find out. This definitely isn't a must buy at 40m. Not in my book at least.
(07-12-2017, 10:49 AM)GeoTav Wrote: Let's not be in denial : isn't it exactly what Fassone and Mirabelli have done so far on this mercato ?
Especially with the players who were already in Serie A : we used the same modus operandi for Conti, Biglia and Kessie (most obvious is the first two).

We haven't really hid our intent though have we... We clearly identified the ideal targets, and publicly spoke to club and player about our intentions. There's been a few now that Bayern have privately had deals as good as sorted before Dortmund realised there was any interest.
(07-12-2017, 01:02 PM)Stitch Wrote: Cant believe you forgot Uefalona  Sagrin

yeah, Uefalona, Shitchester United, Merda and the Merdica(Benfica) are mine...
Hahaha I woke up and read silly gossip turns to news. Get Bonucci, as long as not including our fundamental player like Romagnoli even with 50 mil euros. 30 for CB still good age, it is like getting striker at age of 27-28 yo. Yeah, best mentor for Romagnoli!
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Sagrin

Credit to RB.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
I think Bonucci would really make a difference for us. And there might actually be money left for us to sign both Bonucci and Aubameyang plus Biglia, as apparently Mr Li is increasing our transfer funds this summer (there was talk of some 60 million euro). Then we'll obviously sell some players sooner or later too. And Fassone and Mirabelli have promised us two big names, from what I remember, and even last week they said there would be "surprises"...

What makes me think that the rumours about Bonucci might actually be true is that his transfer to Milan would make sense. He has been at Juve for a long time now, and after having won everything in Italy for years it's not really that unlikely that he's looking for a new challenge (as his agent seems to have confirmed this evening). If his family doesn't want to move abroad, then I'd say our "new" Milan is exactly the kind of challenge a player like him would enjoy. In spite of our lack of results in recent years we're still the second biggest club in Italy, by some distance. And he is exactly the kind of experienced central defender we need alongside Romagnoli.

Though I fear that tomorrow his agent will make a statement denying all these rumours, so we'll see.
(07-12-2017, 02:33 PM)nefremo Wrote: Agree and disagree Geo. Is he a little overrated? Sure looks like it at the moment. He definitely wasn't worth the 40mil that Bayern paid, that's for sure. But hardly any 18 year old is.

But there is talent there, and I would definitely not rule out him becoming a world class player. He just needs to play, and most of all, he needs to be given confidence to do his thing. Imo, the biggest difference between Renato a year ago and Renato now is confidence. During the Euros with Portugal he was fearless. Came into every game and changed it. He was given the freedom to play and make mistakes. This year's Sanches is a scared player. I saw it at Bayern, and I saw it at the U21 Euros. He plays too safe, doesn't want to make any mistakes and he doesn't influence the game. This is not the type of player he is. Clearly he is doing this because of the lack of playing time. When you only get on the field once in a while, you tend to wanna make as few mistakes as possible.

Anyway, I would not take him in a dry loan. Option to buy or nothing. We will not develop players for others. But apart from that, I think he is a very good option to rotate with Kessie. Not my first choice, but I would be very happy if he came.

But was he really? Game changer? I think if we all go back and look at his performances we'll see him for what he was... Decent player, still very raw with a lot of work to do. 
But agree. Lean with an option would be good... He does have the potential to be a good player, just don't think he'll be a WC player. 
At Bayern, he's a fish out of water. Exposed for what he is. I've said it before. The portuguese media always talk up Benfica players like they're the next best thing and I think it ends up getting into their heads... 18 years old and he spends more time showing off his $$ on instagram then working hard on the field...
As for Ante Coric - always been a fan.

Ghazzal Confuses me though... I like him, and he'd be a great sub for Suso... But with Auba apparently on the cards, and Ghezzal... Does tha mena we're sticking to a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 which means Silva will spend the season on the bench rather then getting the playing time he needs to develop.
I've said before, I'd rather us spend the $$ on a LW and CM - Insigne and Kovacic would do nicely  Sagrin

Bonucci... Maybe for $$ and DES but in NO WAY would I accept giving them Roma... Great player that would do nicely alongside ROma but would prefer others if we're spending that kind of $$... WOuld rather see us spend well under 50 and end up with Thiago Silva and Rodrigo Caio (one with experience and one to eventually take over) 

Bertolacci free dry loan - Very happy  with that... If he has a good season, then we could cash in next summer. If he has a great season we could integrate him into the squad and with better players he might become what we hoped he would originally. If he does average then we sell him to Genoa on the cheap like we would have done so if we didn't send him on loan now. worst case, we've lost nothing, best case we've got a top midfielder, middle case we make extra $$

Sorry for the 20 different answers. I'm in a different time zone to you guys so get to work in the morning and see the forums gone crazy...  Devilol
(07-13-2017, 12:25 AM)devoted_dm Wrote: I think Bonucci would really make a difference for us. And there might actually be money left for us to sign both Bonucci and Aubameyang plus Biglia, as apparently Mr Li is increasing our transfer funds this summer (there was talk of some 60 million euro). Then we'll obviously sell some players sooner or later too. And Fassone and Mirabelli have promised us two big names, from what I remember, and even last week they said there would be "surprises"...

What makes me think that the rumours about Bonucci might actually be true is that his transfer to Milan would make sense. He has been at Juve for a long time now, and after having won everything in Italy for years it's not really that unlikely that he's looking for a new challenge (as his agent seems to have confirmed this evening). If his family doesn't want to move abroad, then I'd say our "new" Milan is exactly the kind of challenge a player like him would enjoy. In spite of our lack of results in recent years we're still the second biggest club in Italy, by some distance. And he is exactly the kind of experienced central defender we need alongside Romagnoli.

Though I fear that tomorrow his agent will make a statement denying all these rumours, so we'll see.

Appears to be a number of reports coming out, seems like there is some truth to the idea. a Story from Goal.com (take that with a grain of salt) has Milan in contact, and MDS as an offer, but Roma was not offered nor would he be (thankfully). 

The real question is if he left Juve, would he stay in Italy. We can talk about proper valuations all day long, but when the Chelsea, Man City, Spanish money bags are made aware Bonucci is available, proper valuations won't mean a damn thing. My hope is that he and his family wish to remain in Italy, and that the path Milan are on gives him desire to be a part of the turn-around.