Summer transfer window 2017
(07-14-2017, 11:55 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Hey and suddenly here, Bonucci came from 'overrated CB who is no match for Nesta or T.Silva' to 'best CB in the world'... It's all the same for fans anywhere Sagrin

No CB in the world right now can match Nesta, nothing wrong there. T.Silva is also not Nesta level IMO.
Suddenly Italy`s defense is more of Milan than Juventus Big Grin.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
(07-14-2017, 12:24 PM)Kastriot Wrote: Suddenly Italy`s defense is more of Milan than Juventus Big Grin.

We have the starters, they have the subs. It's always been like that.
Just ask Baresi, Tasotti, Zambrotta, Maldini, Billy or Nesta Big Grin
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(07-14-2017, 12:33 PM)Ryo Wrote: We have the starters, they have the subs. It's always been like that.
Just ask Baresi, Tasotti, Zambrotta, Maldini, Billy or Nesta Big Grin

Zabrota!! Really??

That is a cheap shot!  Sagrin
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
Still no Nesta or Thiago Silva but a top defender nonetheless and greatly weakens Juve's defence...
Well yea...Bonucci is not near the level of Nesta/Maldini/Baresi/Cannavaro......but as it's been said, can't really think of a player today that is. For this day and age, Bonucci is definitely one of the top 5 CBs in the world. I think if we ask any fan of any team to make a list of top CBs in the world right now....Bonucci will 99% end up on that list.
Lets admit it, Bonucci's not the top 10 defender of all time
But for this era? He certainly is top 10 (or even 5)

Plus, his ability to make long passes

Give him 2 strikers like raw pace aubameyang/ hard working belotti,
Imagine how scary that is for opponent's defender pushing forward  Sagrin
(07-14-2017, 11:55 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Hey and suddenly here, Bonucci came from 'overrated CB who is no match for Nesta or T.Silva' to 'best CB in the world'... It's all the same for fans anywhere Sagrin

Neither Bonucci or Thiago Silva are or will reach Nesta's level, I'd never make or even consider that comparison. Today, on his performances in recent years, Bonucci's arguably the best defender in the world, if not outright the best. This isn't something that I'm saying out of the blue following the past few days, I've never hidden my admiration for him as a player and as I said yesterday or the day before, I know for a fact that both me and nefremo took note of him since his Bari days alongside Ranocchia.

So to put it into perspective, I have and continue to think of him as world class, if not the best in the role today. I think he's reached the levels of Thiago Silva at his best in recent years, but neither can even be thought to be compared to Nesta or players of that ilk, of which there are none today.

For the record, him being at Thiago Silva's level is invaluable imo, you just need to see my posts from when Thiago Silva was sold to understand how important I considered him.
Bonnuci is in Casa Milan, this is unreal. And this has to be attributed to Fassone. I am sure that Inter and Chelsea, Barcelona would jump in with more money. I am singling our Inter based on the story that he didn`t want to leave Italy. I`m sure that Inter would have paid even more money, but somehow Bonucci was set on Milan, there has to be story, and I`m sure it lead to our management.
Fassone postponed his departure for China (which was today) for 24 hours. It is reported he wants to close our mercato befotr leaving, and he would stay especially for Belotti ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !