Serie A
Rumours of Mahrez to Roma to replace Salah and Orsolini to Atalanta on a 2 year loan.

Atalanta might have an excellent deal there, Orsolini has talent and he could do fantastic under Gasperini. Less convinced with Mahrez, I can see him struggling a little in Italy.
The Mahrez hype has died down significantly. Not sure how he would do in Italy, but I don't expect another season from him like the one during Leicester's title winning run. Obviously that was the height of his career and I don't think he will go that high again. Having said that, I don't see Roma spending the rumored amount on him. That would mean that they spend all the money they got from Salah on Mahrez.

Either way, even if the transfer happens it doesn't worry me. I still think Roma will be significantly weaker this season because they lost Rudiger, Salah, and the biggest loss of them all imo, Spaletti.
With Bonucci and Biglia, mainly should expect more than just CL qualification. This is a title challenging squad.
Everyone has been signed pretty early so there is plenty of time to get ore-season preparation done, especially since we will start playing competitive matches pretty early.

I think this would be useful to get the squad gelling together much quicker. Plus guys like Bonucci, Biglia, Kessie and Conti know the league. This is very smart planning from Fasobelli.
Not sure I consider it a title challenging team yet, but it's not far off. That said, if we get the likes of Aubameyang/Belotti and another midfielder as rumoured, I'm still not sure it would be a title challenger, even if on paper it should be. One summer is still a very short period to get a team to gel, and with EL it becomes more complicated.
(07-14-2017, 08:38 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Not sure I consider it a title challenging team yet, but it's not far off. That said, if we get the likes of Aubameyang/Belotti and another midfielder as rumoured, I'm still not sure it would be a title challenger, even if on paper it should be. One summer is still a very short period to get a team to gel, and with EL it becomes more complicated.

Totally agree. We have a new team. Cl spot is realistic target.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(07-14-2017, 08:38 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Not sure I consider it a title challenging team yet, but it's not far off. That said, if we get the likes of Aubameyang/Belotti and another midfielder as rumoured, I'm still not sure it would be a title challenger, even if on paper it should be. One summer is still a very short period to get a team to gel, and with EL it becomes more complicated.

If Montella is smart, he won't send our new starting XI on the pitch all at once (because obviously, we are going to have 11 new players) but more a mix of the best ones from last season and the best purchases. Then we should, slowly, include the other new ones.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(07-14-2017, 01:50 PM)GeoTav Wrote: If Montella is smart, he won't send our new starting XI on the pitch all at once (because obviously, we are going to have 11 new players) but more a mix of the best ones from last season and the best purchases. Then we should, slowly, include the other new ones.

How many? Donna, Bona and Suso. It leaves still 8 new players.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(07-14-2017, 02:04 PM)Siregar Wrote: How many? Donna, Bona and Suso. It leaves still 8 new players.

How could you forget Romagnoli  Devilcool
(07-14-2017, 02:16 PM)Aficio Wrote: How could you forget Romagnoli  Devilcool

Lol Bonucci is full in my head. Forgot we have Romagnoli.
If we buy only 4-5 players who are better than the current squad, it is easy to make teams combined with new players but we bought how many? Musa, Conti, RR, Kessie, Hakan, Biglia (news said soon he will be us), Bonucci (soon), Silva and one of Belotti/Auba I hope (at least Kalinic). So it is 9 players who are on paper better than the current squad (or at least can compete with our last season best players).

GK is sure for Donna, CBs for Bonucci and Romagnoli if we play 4 defenders with Mussa might challenge Roma due to his experience but very unlikely he can drop Romagnoli to the bench. Left back is for RR, best Antonelli still hard to compete with RR. Conti vs Abate similar but if we play more defensively, Abate might have a chance. Kessie is starter so is Biglia. Hakan fights with Jack for midfield if we play 433 (or left wing also, but I think we will play with 2 strikers aka without wingers). Silva and Belotti/Auba are sure starters except Kalinic might compete with Bacca but the latter is supposed to go out.

Sure starters from last squad I think are Romagnoli (if he is fit) and Donnarumma. Suso could be but if we play wings (433 or 343), if not he might sit on the bench. Other potential is Jack both for midfield and left wing (433). But if we get one good CM, Jack might find hard to be regular starter.

So, we play a new team and it is not easy to make them play their best as a team. They are mostly not established players, the time needed to gel could be longer. We get most of them in June-July is great but it only helps a lot for the first Serie games not for building a strong team, this does need time.

So, Milan's realistic target should be max second position. But if Montella could find formula to make them play their best as team, we might have chance for scudetto.