Serie A
Unlike the previous ten years, I am surprisingly confident that this season will go well above our expectations. Of course hindsight and all that but I believe in Montella's capabilities and the extremely well planned signings by this management.

There is clearly a plan behind all this madness and the signings aren't the ones made at random. Even Bonucci was a signing that they had been working on for a while. It is amazing how they manage to talk less, keep things a secret and accomplish them so smoothly. Fassobeli get five stars.

We have two of the league's best players/leaders in Bonucci and Biglia. This is the most important thing IMO. Two solid pillars. Two big figures that we have been missing for so long. They've been around for a while and know things inside out. We have Kessie and Conti who are experienced to an extent and then all the new signings seem like they are eager to do well. Plus, look at the work rate of all these signings. Apart from Calhanoglu, they are all workhorses. That is another thing we missed. Talented player with high work rates.

Besides, it's not like Musacchio and Rick Rod are novices. I mean Musacchio has been around for quite a while.

Sure, squad cohesion is an issue, esp coz many players come from different backgrounds but the biggest problem in most such situations is language. And apart from Andre Silva and Calhanoglu AFAIK all of them speak Italian. OR at least understand it.

There is a heavy weight on Montella's shoulders now and there will be no vacations for him. He is under the spotlight and I think he will excel. What he has done so far is impressive and I think he can do better.

The league campaign might start slow but come summer 2018, I expect us to be in the top 3 at least, if not gunning for the title. And for once, fans have every right to have high expectations.
I like us to finish third after signing Bonucci
(07-15-2017, 02:57 AM)somedevil Wrote: Unlike the previous ten years, I am surprisingly confident that this season will go well above our expectations. 

How can we go above expectations when the expectation is the Scudetto?!?!  Sagrin Devilol

On a more serious note, I would be very happy with a top 4 finish. But I'm not going to lie.....with all the money we are spending and all the players we have bought and are still about to buy.....I think we can be Scudetto challengers if the players click in time and don't take too long to settle.
I think it would be too difficult to overthrow Juventus this season. They have a well drilled machine and have had consistency over many years. Definitely top 4 at the minimum but we should aim to get direct qualification to the CL.
Siamo a posto cosi.
I would agree but I think it will be more difficult for them. They've shown real fractures in the dressing room this past year, which is a massive concern as their dominance in recent years has been built on their mentality as a well oiled machine, players respecting the hierarchy and their "soldier mentality". They've lost massive players in Bonucci and Dani Alves and I think sticking by Allegri now might actually be detrimental. I think Allegri's a good coach and particularly an excellent tactician. However, as a man manager he's actually a big problem. The signals coming out from Juve feel similar to what happened at Milan during his time. I'm not saying they'll collapse yet, but I don't think they will find it anywhere near as easy this coming season.

This leads me to a concern I have about next year. We're doing something pretty extraordinary this mercato and without question have strengthened significantly (on paper). However, what  about others? #InterAreWatching, but until now haven't done anything of note and the way they're heading they really have to hope Spaletti has something up his sleeve. Lazio lost their most important player and risk losing the next most important. Roma are selling to the point their own players are taking the piss. Atalanta have sold almost every player that played a significant role in getting them into Europe last season. Fiorentina are in a dire state.

Napoli themselves have done well to keep hold of their most valuable players. However, if they really want to push on, they need to invest wisely to allow them to compete at a higher level.

Obviously anything can happen in football, but at the moment Serie A clubs can't clearly show any clear intent of strengthening bar Milan. It's early days in the market, but it is slightly concerning.
With the respect to our performance next season, A LOT depends on the league draw. If we get easier teams in the first 6 rounds (when the team cohesion is still under development) then I expect a strong season. An easy start would be welcomed by everyone.

On the other hand, coming out with good performances and points out of difficult fixtures in the earlier rounds will massively boost confidence. I would still prefer the former option though.
(07-15-2017, 06:52 PM)Mystik Wrote: Definitely top 4 at the minimum but we should aim to get direct qualification to the CL.

I think the top 4 go directly into the group stage, so no more qualifications for the top 4 leagues. 

Juventus will be just as good I think, when it comes to Serie A. They just take care of the "small" teams without a problem, and I think they will continue to do that without Bonucci. Where they'll miss Bonucci is in the CL. 

I think Napoli is their biggest competition....but again, it's those bottom 10-12 teams that will decide everything. If Napoli can go this season without dropping points to them, than they can definitely finish ahead of Juventus.

As for us...we are closing in fast I think. The only reason we are not currently in the mix, imo, is because a lot of the players we bought are "potential players". If they fulfill that potential as soon as this season, than there is no reason why we can't push for the Scudetto. But reality is different and not everyone we bought will have a cracking season....so more realistically, I think we will end up in the top 4.
Inter about to sign Vecino. Kalinic wants out. Badelj won't renew. Bernardeschi about to sign with Juventus.

Will Fiorentina have enough players to start the season? Big Grin
(07-19-2017, 12:43 PM)nefremo Wrote: Inter about to sign Vecino. Kalinic wants out. Badelj won't renew. Bernardeschi about to sign with Juventus.

Will Fiorentina have enough players to start the season? Big Grin

Well we can always send them back Montolivo
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
I doubt they'll ever be that much desperate.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.