Summer transfer window 2017
So, who do you want guys? Belotti or Aubameyang?
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Wow, it feels great writing a question like that in this thread (not in fantasy mercato) Sagrin . Auba is in our ability to get? Just WOW!
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(07-16-2017, 03:25 AM)Siregar Wrote: So, who do you want guys? Belotti or Aubameyang?

Belotti. The guy reminds me of Vieri Devilcool 

Someone should create a poll including Belotti, Aubameyang and Morata.. Kalinic may be
AC MILAN
I am really torn. Obviously Auba is more proven and is one of the top strikers in the world. He has been for several years now. Belotti on the other hand just had a breakout season and is a big Milan fan, which is a huge upside. He also carries a big risk however as he basically has only 1 great season (in terms of numbers) to date.

I think they both will fit the team well, so it all comes down to cost. I think if Cairo goes down in his valuation, than ok...because there is no way Belotti should be worth more than Aubameyang presently. But if he doesn't and keeps asking for that ridiculous 100mil, than I'm all in for Auba...who most sources quote at around 65-70.

The problem is this.....Belotti I think will end up costing about 80mil. Probably 55-60 + Niang and Paletta. On the other hand, if we can get Auba for 65, we could add Kalinic also for almost the same price as Belotti would cost on his own.
Reports say that we're trying to get Belotti for 40-45 + Niang & Paletta. That's about 60-65m which is still a lot of money but at least remotely reasonable in today's market.

Let's see what happens. Honestly, this management has proven with Bonucci that they are capable of absolutely anything. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if we end up with someone we didn't expect like Suarez or something Big Grin Big Grin
I prefer Belotti to Aubameyang for several reasons.

1. He's Italian and a big Milan fan
2. He's younger
3. He fits into Montella's system better. Link-up & defense
4. He doesn't have his dad demanding 12m/yr in wages
(07-16-2017, 01:19 AM)nefremo Wrote: For some reason I think we will sign 2 forwards, and I don't think Kalinic is an alternative to anyone. He is a target on his own. Imo, we will sign 1 of Aubameyang/Belotti + Kalinic. That will give us 3 capable strikers in Silva, Kalinic, Auba/Belotti + Cutrone.

We should sign Kalinic as a third option
(07-16-2017, 06:37 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: I prefer Belotti to Aubameyang for several reasons.

1.  He's Italian and a big Milan fan
2.  He's younger
3.  He fits into Montella's system better.  Link-up & defense
4.  He doesn't have his dad demanding 12m/yr in wages

To me, Belotti has potential I haven't seen in a long time. His power and finishing is so impressive to me. He really reminds me of Sheva, who is my favorite to ever play for us tbh. 

I'm thinking best case scenario, we sign Belotti and another midfielder. TBH, Renato Sanches is a great talent but I have a feeling our second big signing after a striker will be a surprise Bonucci style.

I would start worrying about FFP and whatnot if we signed Aubameyang tbh. Another 8-12m wages before tax, and 60-70mln euros transfer fee seems like we would be going way overboard.

I did notice that most of our purchases were loans + obligations or spread out payments. Does this avoid FFP regulation based on the fact that it is downplaying how much we spend per year even if the commitment to said debt exists? I don't know all the rules but it sounds like a way to bend them IMO.
Both of them are massive upgrade for the team, different playstyles, but can benefit our team since we now have the missing link(s)
Auba = wreck a lot of defense just with his raw pace (and he's tall for someone who can sprint really fast in football world) plus we got bonucci now.
Belotti = very hardworking player who's not afraid to duel (and wins them, sometimes in freekick), seeing how many free kick he won last season, hakan could score a lot from these opportunities.

Whoever comes, i'll take it  Sagrin
Just want to chime in on the Belotti vs. Auba debate. To me, there really should not be any debate because these two players have two completely different styles, and we need to pick the one style that fits our team better. Belotti is more of a Vieri type classic CF whereas Auba is a speed demon tailor made for more of a counter attack style. Montella needs to first decide how we want to play the game next season before figuring out which striker is the better fit for us. From the looks of it, I would probably argue that we are going to be more of a possession based team and therefore Belotti might be a better fit as the finisher and disrupter inside the box.

I do also wonder how our finance is going to be going forward. This mercato has been simply amazing, but we do have a lot of installments and obligations that are going to need cash payments in future years. In essence, it looks like we bought this team with a credit card and we are going to have to start paying back the money we owe in the future. With FFP also breathing down our neck pretty soon, I doubt we are going to have a lot of financial flexibility in future years. It actually would not surprise me if our transfer budget is very moderate for the next couple of years just because I don't know if we can increase our revenue quickly enough. Not that I am complaining, just wondering how things are going to play out.