Summer transfer window 2017
(07-16-2017, 06:00 PM)nefremo Wrote: Well it depends. Sassuolo for example has a philosophy of playing youngsters. They already lost Pellegrini (different position I know) and are set to lose Duncan (same position of Locatelli). Of they lose Duncan, than this wouod be a very good option.

Atalanta is another that lost 2 CM players, so they could be an option. 

I am hesitant on Torino because they've kept their core of CMs. But never know whst will happen until September. 

I think the sides above are good options because they won't risk getting relegated so they won't be under pressure. Someone like SPAL is a good choice in terms of minutes, but there is a very good chance they'll be fighting relegation to the end, so if things don't go well with Loca they will definitely change amidst the pressure. 

Anyway, where we disagree on the subject is that I think Locatelli is just as useful as Monto or Sosa. So I would rather see them gone before Loca. I am just so tired of watching Montolivo's shit performances. And the worst parr is that we know he won't improve. Sosa is not a bad attacking player, but he was useless defensively. Nonexistent. He is simply not a regista.

By the way....I have an idea Big Grin. I wonder why nobody does this!? I would gladly loan Locatelli and make an incentive that if that club plays him for 15 games, we will pay them 2 mil. If they play him for 20, they get 4mil. If they play him at least 25, they get 5mil.
You get my point. This way, there is something in it for everyone. We need Loca to develop, and it's no big deal to pay several mil to someone that will develop him.

My main thought is giving him as much playtime as possible, so Serie B is for increasing the possibility. Of course Serie A is better. Thanks for the info  Okmilan

I think Montolivo was often left exposed. Even Pirlo was weak if exposed, one reason for Allegri to prefer Van Bommel. However, that's old story.

I also think about paying to developed Loca, but the one to earn money is... Mihajlovic Grinundwech
For a while, I think it is less so the last two or three seasons, the middle of the pitch absolutely needed a real DM to work, same reason Pirlo wasn't really working his final years with us. Now coaches adapted and modified 4-2-3-1 and such to make it work better or even 4-1-4-1 or 3-4-3
(07-16-2017, 06:23 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Not an upgrade compared to Deulofeu/Ocampos/Mati...

Certainly better than Ocampos & Mati
(07-16-2017, 06:51 PM)reza Wrote: For a while, I think it is less so the last two or three seasons, the middle of the pitch absolutely needed a real DM to work, same reason Pirlo wasn't really working his final years with us. Now coaches adapted and modified 4-2-3-1 and such to make it work better or even 4-1-4-1 or 3-4-3

I agree.

We linked with Krychowiak and a Lyon guy whose price is 5M, but there is now no rumor about the PSG guy and the Lyon guy is now a Roma guy Big Grin

So I think we will play with flexibility and could use Bonucci and Mussacchio as DM if needed.
(07-16-2017, 05:09 PM)WCmilan Wrote: @Hitman

Gattuso said it first:
http://www.football-italia.net/95101/‘be...shevchenko
He played with Sheva so I think he knows best Wink

Also, comparisons to Gilardino are ridiculous - he was a poacher and if anything more similar to Inzaghi.
Belotti is a clean footed striker who keeps it simple and has incredible power, strength and explosiveness with the goalscoaring ability of a top poacher.

My question is, have you ever watched Belotti lol

Don't know why but the link you provided doesn't work. But I assume you're using Gattuso's likening of Belotti to Sheva as your way of justifying your comparison.

I've seen plenty of Belotti actually, and I don't depend on youtube compilations because those are only the highlights of his best season, so his performance is taken out of context. I watch full games for Belotti and pay attention to everything he makes, not just the good. That is why I compare him to Gilardino. Comparing him to Sheva is really insulting to Sheva and makes me wonder if you remember seeing Sheva play. Maybe in terms of numbers Belotti will score more, but playing style is nothing like Shevchenko's. And yes of course he is much closer to Inzaghi than Sheva, anyone who's seen him play regularly can tell you this. If you were only talking about physicality then yes he is similar to Sheva, but if you talk about technical ability he doesn't come close to Sheva.

I did say he's reminiscent more of Vieri - because as of now Belotti is on a high and coming back off 1.5 successful seasons. He still hasn't dropped form and that's when problems will arise and you'll realize he's not all that. I wish that he'll be everything you think he'll come out to be, I really do, I just don't see it. He can definitely improve the other aspects of his game that badly need improving such as being technical, holding the ball up well (believe it or not, he can do much better here because he wastes many chances with bad passes much like Bonaventura). Even Gilardino when we signed him he came off two very impressive seasons at Parma and we thought we got Italy's next great #9. We all know what happened there and we really could've been able to tell that would've happened if we paid attention to Gilardino's qualities as a striker - even when he was in top form. 

The space he gets at Torino will not be the same space he'll get at Milan. The pressure here will be incredible in comparison to what he's used to. He's a risk, an expensive one right now. We have the opportunity to be challenging for Scudetto with 1-2 more key buys. He would be more of a luxury and a gift to please the fans.
(07-16-2017, 07:28 PM)Hitman Wrote: The space he gets at Torino will not be the same space he'll get at Milan. The pressure here will be incredible in comparison to what he's used to. He's a risk, an expensive one right now. We have the opportunity to be challenging for Scudetto with 1-2 more key buys. He would be more of a luxury and a gift to please the fans.

While that's true, you also have to take into account that he'll be playing with better talent.  Did you say the same thing when Dybala was at Palermo?  Granted they are two different players, you can make similar comparisons to what you said above
(07-16-2017, 05:17 PM)Aficio Wrote: The old guardians first Big Grin

My points is there are positions that more demanding than the other in term of experience.

The positions, IMO, are GK, CB, and playmakers. With playmakers, the deeper the more disciplined needed because you must join the defense.

Maldini is physically developed at young age, and he played leftback. Panucci came at 20 and was more as sideback than CB.

Costacurta became starter at 22, not teen anymore Big Grin after a loan season Monza at Serie C1 and another season as a sub.

Albertini became starter at 20, but after a super season at Padova in Serie B.

Costacurta was CB, and Albertini regista. 

Why Serie B not good for 19 year old Locatelli? Big Grin

My assessment about his ability is lower than yours. But do you think Atalanta or Sassuolo will play him enough matches. They will prefer their players & their youngsters. Serie B can give him much more playtime.

Like I answered nefremo, we have enough attack power, regista needs make less mistake than use energy to attack. And Locatelli still need to learn about control the tempo.

Of course he needs to learn from Biglia, but do you think learning from Montolio & Sosa also benefit him? Big Grin

Ok fair point about ages (not all being teens), that was slight exaggeration on my part. But the point is, these guys were trusted by top coaches during those years. In the case of Costacurta and Albertini, they were given a lot of responsibility at a young age, more than what we're talking about with Locatelli. Another example is Donnarumma, in arguably the most difficult position on the pitch. In all of  their cases, they were starters, not rotation players like we're talking about with Locatelli, so we're not even setting the same expectation and pressure with Locatelli.

I think Serie B would be a step back for both us and him because he's already made 25 appearances in Serie A last season at Milan and he's proven very capable playing at that level. I'm very confident that at the right club, he will be a regular starter in Serie A. At Torino, I can totally see him taking Valdifiori's spot or Baselli's (less likely as they play different positions). The only one who isn't likely to be at risk is Benassi, who's also the captain. Also at Atalanta or Sassuolo, I think he'd be able to carve out a regular spot for himself, but as it stands Torino seems the ideal place, especially if Miha specifically wants him. I also agree with nefremo about trying to give incentives to make sure he's used while on loan.

I'm not sure I really understand your point about making less mistakes. What I mean is I understand and agree that the role can't afford frequent mistakes, but it's not like Sosa or Montolivo have been less mistake prone than Locatelli. In fact, of the three last year he was arguably the most consistent.

(07-16-2017, 05:18 PM)Siregar Wrote: Locatelli loaned out to Serie B? He has played at least 15 games last year as starter in Serie A with Milan. Milan were not very competitive team but there was still pressure to play for Milan. I still can't understand the reason to loan him out to Serie B.

Locatelli is however was still so young. The others who debated above make Locatelli like a wonderkid or untouchable player. He is talented and has good mentality but he was/is not a super talent like young Pato who was just (much) better compare to the other options in that time. You can't force a coach to always play Locatelli, it might disturb or even damage his development. Coach should have reason behind the decision to not play him starter started in the middle of last season and the coach should know when to protect a young player. 

We should be happy that he already got many games last year and many of the games he was starter. 

About his position with current team: other member has already said about Biglia who would be our starter and I agree with him. Biglia would be ALWAYS starter (if he performs well). It is hard to see a coach rotate the deep-lying playmaker/anchor just to rest the player except for games that not so important. The position is so important if not the most important thing in the formation. So, Locatelli has to be better than Biglia to get games or Loca get games by playing in other position except Biglia's one. If we don't count Europa League, then Loca could get games in that competition.

And guys, Biglia is not very old! You make it like Biglia will retire in 2 seasons. Big Grin He is still 31 years old and he still could play AT LEAST 2 years in top level (if of course mantain his form). Will Locatelli want to wait 2 years as bench warmer (or he takes other midfield position) and then after 2 years compete with 33 yo Biglia who will be more established (except his fitness)? And yeah, there is still Montolivo (assuming Sosa out) who is more exprienced (I do think Montella will stay).

The best for Loca IMO is going on loan (Serie A NOT serie B) except he wants to play as LCM or RCM.

I'm not sure if you're responding to me when you say you can't force a coach to always play Locatelli, but if so I just want to clarify that's not what I said. At the moment I think it's fair to say everyone agrees that Biglia will generally be considered first choice. However, my point was that when another player is used, Montella should be trying to ensure he takes steps to give opportunities to Locatelli where feasible because it's in the clubs best interest. At the moment, Locatelli's playing at a similar level to Sosa and Montolivo (frankly speaking that's being kind to the latter two), so Montella's got to have a damn solid justification if he picks them ahead him and it's only right to question decisions if you don't think it's in the best interest of the club. That's nothing new in football, club managers always want answers for coaching decisions, it's a necessity to ensure the club and coach are in alignment.

About Biglia, he's not likely retiring in a couple of seasons, but even at 31 expecting him to play every game when in 3 competitions is unrealistic. Locatelli will get space, he won't be a bench warmer. The other aspect is Biglia is at his peak now and by 33 will be in decline, whereas Locatelli's still at the very start of his career. Setting himself a target now to develop and mature so that he can take on Biglia's current responsibility in 2 years time is completely normal. Expecting to be getting that responsibility now with Milan's ambitions is unrealistic. Age isn't a key factor in all of this, if Locatelli is good enough, he should get that starting spot, just like Donnarumma has earnt.
Rummenigge confirms our interest in Renato Sanches, but says "there's no agreement yet."

http://www.football-italia.net/105883/ba...to-sanches
(07-16-2017, 07:58 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: About Biglia, he's not likely retiring in a couple of seasons, but even at 31 expecting him to play every game when in 3 competitions is unrealistic. Locatelli will get space, he won't be a bench warmer. The other aspect is Biglia is at his peak now and by 33 will be in decline, whereas Locatelli's still at the very start of his career. Setting himself a target now to develop and mature so that he can take on Biglia's current responsibility in 2 years time is completely normal. Expecting to be getting that responsibility now with Milan's ambitions is unrealistic. Age isn't a key factor in all of this, if Locatelli is good enough, he should get that starting spot, just like Donnarumma has earnt.

This. 
Last season biglia got 6 injuries (most of them were minor though).
If not in biglia's post, then kessie's
We cant expect a player even though he's strong as a tank to play everytime.

Seeing the number 1 rotation'd be montolivo,
With how many major injuries he had in his career,

I'm sure locatelli + mauri will play some,
MARCA is reporting we're back in for Morata