Summer transfer window 2017
We must be printing money, we are well on our way of having a *net* +200million window, it is excessive, but of course I enjoy Milan being back.
that is way too high for morata, would be our worst buy (financialy) of the year.
Quote:Milan have no intention of selling Locatelli. Joining Torino on a two-year loan could be an idea [via @AlfredoPedulla].
Anyone see this? http://www.acmilaninfo.com/milan-mega-bu...fair-play/

Seems like we're spending as much as possible this summer because FFP won't matter until next year.
I think we should be more worried about the owners' own ability to pay and have this money rather than FFP, I mean Man City were subject to FFP sanctions but look at them now (this summer for example Walker, Ederson, Bernardo Silva). Yes there are 'worse hit' examples than City but UEFA will not destroy clubs just because of FFP
(07-16-2017, 11:58 PM)Stitch Wrote: that is way too high for morata, would be our worst buy (financialy) of the year.

Agreed. I don't want him anyway. Didn't he reject us earlier?
Quote:Milan's choice is between Belotti and Morata. They are offering €70m to Real Madrid [via @MaxNerozzi]
(07-17-2017, 12:10 AM)devoted_dm Wrote: Anyone see this? http://www.acmilaninfo.com/milan-mega-bu...fair-play/

Seems like we're spending as much as possible this summer because FFP won't matter until next year.

[Image: g2A32Vv.png]
(07-16-2017, 07:58 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Ok fair point about ages (not all being teens), that was slight exaggeration on my part. But the point is, these guys were trusted by top coaches during those years. In the case of Costacurta and Albertini, they were given a lot of responsibility at a young age, more than what we're talking about with Locatelli. Another example is Donnarumma, in arguably the most difficult position on the pitch. In all of  their cases, they were starters, not rotation players like we're talking about with Locatelli, so we're not even setting the same expectation and pressure with Locatelli.

I think Serie B would be a step back for both us and him because he's already made 25 appearances in Serie A last season at Milan and he's proven very capable playing at that level. I'm very confident that at the right club, he will be a regular starter in Serie A. At Torino, I can totally see him taking Valdifiori's spot or Baselli's (less likely as they play different positions). The only one who isn't likely to be at risk is Benassi, who's also the captain. Also at Atalanta or Sassuolo, I think he'd be able to carve out a regular spot for himself, but as it stands Torino seems the ideal place, especially if Miha specifically wants him. I also agree with nefremo about trying to give incentives to make sure he's used while on loan.

I'm not sure I really understand your point about making less mistakes. What I mean is I understand and agree that the role can't afford frequent mistakes, but it's not like Sosa or Montolivo have been less mistake prone than Locatelli. In fact, of the three last year he was arguably the most consistent.

We were desperated when Donnarumma and Locatelli got consecutive matches. And I think Baresi's case was the same. But when we were title contender, we only used youngsters with limited experience in less costly positions, ex: Pato and Paloschi. Kaka for me was a completed player when we got him. We did not play Darmian, Albertazzi, or even Collocini. And I think it applies to all top clubs.

Locatelli will have fierce competition for regista position. Biglia is sure starter, Bonucci could be safe option, Montolivo & Sosa have tons of experience and their passing skill is very good.

Locatelli might have the capability to start at smaller Serie A teams, but will he got the chance? If yes, why do we need to think about incentives? It is to increase the possibility and Serie B also increases possibility. Costacurta had gone to Serie C1 and Albertini Serie B, then became starter at a great Milan. I don't think Serie B is a step back, it can give the player a lot of confidence for freeing him from high expectation and allowing mistakes.

I think we cannot offload both Montolivo & Sosa this season, but in the next one. So a "comeback" Locatelli with maximum matches on his belt after a season is what we need.
Today is the start of season ticket sale, lets see how the mercato so far would impact it. Last yr was 15.990 ..  Sagrin