Summer transfer window 2017
(07-18-2017, 03:08 PM)reza Wrote: I don't want us to spend north of 60-70 for anyone, but I am not worried about prices rising being the issue. I am 100% sure Perez, Cairo, Watzke know they will be lucky to get 80, doesn't mean they won't try but even in inflated markets they are not delusional. Even in EPL only 3 teams can afford AND are willing to go after 80+ players.

Thing is Reza, no one knows how far we will go for that Marquee signing of a striker. All the sellers will push as far as they can to see how high we'll jump. 

I don't mind paying exorbitant amounts for players that deserve it. At 80M, Aubameyang nor Morata nor Belotti are worth it. That's simply a fact.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(07-18-2017, 03:15 PM)Ryo Wrote: Thing is Reza, no one knows how far we will go for that Marquee signing of a striker. All the sellers will push as far as they can to see how high we'll jump. 

I don't mind paying exorbitant amounts for players that deserve it. At 80M, Aubameyang nor Morata nor Belotti are worth it. That's simply a fact.

But you also know that since 2-3 years, the price of the strikers is increasing year in year out !
When you see a guy like Martial was sold for 50M + 40M Bonus, Lukaku for 90M, Suarez for 80M, Higuain for 90M, ... Are they worth that money ? Of course not !
But that's the current market and we have to accept it or we will play with André Silva only next season, with Borini and someone like Kalinic in our squad. That would be disappointing compared to all we did on the mercato for the other lines so far ...

PS : It's obvious there is a lot of talent in Belotti, it's maybe his first complete and successful season in Serie A, but the fact he also scored 4 goals in his first 9 NT appearances shows it's not just a matter of chance ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
I'd rather pay 100 for Auba than 70 for Belotti.
Did anybody watch the game against Dortmund? Our new signings did well while the rest play like we know....i think it's pretty good that we can get 6th with the squad we had last season. This mercato with 200+M spent is justified if we want to push for CL place.
(07-18-2017, 03:52 PM)Stitch Wrote: I'd rather pay 100 for Auba than 70 for Belotti.

That's the things.... Belotti's not gonna come for 70M. Or even 80M at that... Cairo values him at higher than that.
Belotti (60mil + Paletta + Niang + Locatelli loan)
Aubameyang (70mil)
Sanches (7mil loan + option to buy)
Kjaer (8mil)

They said we had 120-130mil left to spend plus sales.

Well, my friends. here it is. Buy both Aubameyang and Belotti. Get Sanches. Get Kjaer. Close the market! Big Grin
Mate, if those were accepted figures, Belotti would be here already... and not still just news articles....
Meh, not really fussed about what Dortmund say, they will negotiate if we're serious about getting him and are willing to get close to meeting their demands. No club would seriously say the deadline is midway through July, I'm pretty confident that it's a tactic to try and encourage teams to panic and go all out for him. I'd say him renewing is more likely than this deadline being anything signficant.

Either way, I think the goal is Belotti and I don't think Aubameyang makes much difference to Cairo. I think eventually he'll relent, because he'll have a combination of pressures to sell, particularly time and Belotti's will. I'm pretty sure Cairo won't risk Belotti's price dropping.
Ryo.....not sure what you are implying?!

Are you saying you want Belotti? Or Aubameyang? But you don't want us to spend 70/80+mil on them? Are you saying we should negotiate for Aubameyang, just so that we have leverage over Cairo?

Not trying to be a smart ass......I am just really trying to understand what you are saying. I am a little confused. I thought that you were upset at the management for waiting too long on Aubameyang, and that this waiting will also cost us Belotti as now Cairo has leverage in the move and will not go down on price. But at the same time, you know that Belotti will not be sold for less than a 80mil valuation no matter what.

I am just trying to figure what you would have the management do at this point? Or what did you want them to do in this situation?
(07-18-2017, 04:05 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Meh, not really fussed about what Dortmund say, they will negotiate if we're serious about getting him and are willing to get close to meeting their demands. No club would seriously say the deadline is midway through July, I'm pretty confident that it's a tactic to try and encourage teams to panic and go all out for him. I'd say him renewing is more likely than this deadline being anything signficant.

Either way, I think the goal is Belotti and I don't think Aubameyang makes much difference to Cairo. I think eventually he'll relent, because he'll have a combination of pressures to sell, particularly time and Belotti's will. I'm pretty sure Cairo won't risk Belotti's price dropping.

Guess we'll just have to see. 
Though I still think management made a bad move on this one. Not enough to say they're bad, but something similar to when Dollar refused to sign. It was outside of their expected calculations, and they needed to spend additional time and effort to fix it up.

@nefremo. Read the above. I think they made a mistake in the market, and as a result we're going to have to deal with extra inflated prices. I have no preference for Auba or Belotti, but as with all the deals we've made so far, I've been admiring how we have been getting them at reasonable prices. Dolla was one mistake outside of expectations, and currently this Marquee Striker negotiations imho is a second.