Summer transfer window 2017
Reza, we should have a poll to see if people want Belotti or Aubameyang. Of course, throw in Morata too for those who are crazy enough to like him. Grinundwech
As far as I can remember Dortmund is a 'selling club' if their desired price is met, so I dont believe in that deadline etc. Im still hopeful of signing him  Devilcool

#Aubumeback. Devilcool
(07-18-2017, 04:12 PM)xudong Wrote: Reza, we should have a poll to see if people want Belotti or Aubameyang. Of course, throw in Morata too for those who are crazy enough to like him. Grinundwech

#Aubumeback. 1st count  Devilol
http://www.milanmania.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1472 Vote and post please Big Grin
(07-18-2017, 04:08 PM)Ryo Wrote: @nefremo. Read the above. I think they made a mistake in the market, and as a result we're going to have to deal with extra inflated prices. I have no preference for Auba or Belotti, but as with all the deals we've made so far, I've been admiring how we have been getting them at reasonable prices. Dolla was one mistake outside of expectations, and currently this Marquee Striker negotiations imho is a second.

Fair enough. I'll disagree though. I think there is not much more they could do. Also, we really don't know what is going on. You are putting too much emphasis on a report by the Kicker that says the "deadline" for bids has passed......when just 2 days ago Watske and Bild reported that they are willing to listen to offers but won't wait forever. I just don't see how they would change their mind ONLY 2 days later, WHILE they are on a tour in China. AND, if they really did that, than I really don't think it's the fault of our management. 

Another thing, why do you think that our management has not been in touch with theirs? Mirabelli and Fassone have been courting Aubameyang for months. I am sure IF we were planning on making an official bid, Dortmund would be fully aware of this. They would not just cut all of this off in the middle of their tour. And again. If they did....than it's not our management's fault. 

I am glad that we weighed all our options. It's not every day that you go and throw 60/70+mil for a player. The conditions have to be right for a move like this. If Dortmund wants to play a game of "we will wait a few days.........(a day later) oopps, the deadline passed".....than screw them. We shouldn't play their games. 

IMO, IF there is anything going on with Dortmund and they really did close all negotiations.....it still will NOT affect the price for Belotti. It would have made no difference. Cairo didn't cave in when all of the options for Milan were available for all this time. What makes you think he would have caved in now if the Aubameyang option stayed open (which it still is imo)? The price for Belotti is what it is. And if we are going to believe a report from the Kicker saying that Dortmund's "deadline" passed....than why can't we believe the reports saying that Cairo is open to accepting 60mil + Paletta + Niang + Locatelli Loan? That is about 80mil valuation, which is the price that he is expected to accept if Belotti told him that he wants to leave. Niang is valued at 15mil, and Paletta at 5mil. Locatelli on loan is the kicker.
(07-18-2017, 04:23 PM)nefremo Wrote: Fair enough. I'll disagree though. I think there is not much more they could do. Also, we really don't know what is going on. You are putting too much emphasis on a report by the Kicker that says the "deadline" for bids has passed......when just 2 days ago Watske and Bild reported that they are willing to listen to offers but won't wait forever. I just don't see how they would change their mind ONLY 2 days later, WHILE they are on a tour in China. AND, if they really did that, than I really don't think it's the fault of our management. 

Another thing, why do you think that our management has not been in touch with theirs? Mirabelli and Fassone have been courting Aubameyang for months. I am sure IF we were planning on making an official bid, Dortmund would be fully aware of this. They would not just cut all of this off in the middle of their tour. And again. If they did....than it's not our management's fault. 

I am glad that we weighed all our options. It's not every day that you go and throw 60/70+mil for a player. The conditions have to be right for a move like this. If Dortmund wants to play a game of "we will wait a few days.........(a day later) oopps, the deadline passed".....than screw them. We shouldn't play their games. 

IMO, IF there is anything going on with Dortmund and they really did close all negotiations.....it still will NOT affect the price for Belotti. It would have made no difference.

I don't think I said that they weren't in touch, Nef. I'm saying that 
a.) had we sped up our negotiations, via Auba/Belotti/Morata or who ever, to arrive at an agreeable price, then we probably would have gotten our player by now, and 
b.) had we pulled out of our negotiations for Auba, given that they actually want to re-sign him to a longer contract, we could have had a gentleman's agreement to not report that to the media, so as not to affect the asking prices of the other players that we were bidding on.

Time will tell, but I can fully see this ending up like what happened during the Galliani era where we were touting about signing a top "Mr. X", and couldn't agree the fee for him, and ended up paying like 12M for the likes of Matri or 18M for Ricardo Oliviera.... all because we showed our cards and told the entire football world how much money we had to spend...
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
There are rumours Neymar have accepted PSG's offer and that they are willing to activate his release clause worth €222 million!
Read some articles and interviews and I must say Dortmund now seem very determined to keep Aubameyang. Unless a crazy €100 million offer arrives.
"I'm very happy that Aubameyang is here, but in modern football we can say it with certainty only at the end of august"
This is from Peter Bosz, BVB manager.

So, as we said....they will backtrack. If Milan offers what they want (and no, I don't think that will be 100mil, as it was 70 just a week ago apparently), Aubameyang will be ours. It's just a matter of whether we want him or someone else at this point.
(07-18-2017, 06:30 PM)nefremo Wrote: "I'm very happy that Aubameyang is here, but in modern football we can say it with certainty only at the end of august"
This is from Peter Bosz, BVB manager.

So, as we said....they will backtrack. If Milan offers what they want (and no, I don't think that will be 100mil, as it was 70 just a week ago apparently), Aubameyang will be ours. It's just a matter of whether we want him or someone else at this point.

That was the words of the manager, who's not in charge of transfers. The words of sporting director Michael Zorc were quite different. Anyway, I guess we'll see.