Summer transfer window 2017
(07-18-2017, 10:38 PM)reza Wrote: Keep Bacca and use Belotti money for Verratti  Ole

Okmilan
(07-18-2017, 10:38 PM)reza Wrote: Keep Bacca and use Belotti money for Verratti  Ole

Yes please!
I think we'll end up with Belotti in the end. I don't know the full story behind his 100 million clause that only applies to foreign clubs, but my guess is that it doesn't apply to Italian clubs because (a) the player wants to stay in Italy and (b) Cairo doesn't want a young Italian player of his quality to be snapped up by a foreign club (avoiding another Veratti story), knowing that he's obviously not going to spend the rest of his career at Torino.

I know there's some skepticism about Belotti's actual quality and concern that he might be a one season wonder, and I had my doubts too, not having watched Torino much last year. I'll admit that my impression now is based mainly on Youtube goal compliations, which I usually don't trust that much. In this case I do though, because he reminds me of Sheva. A lot. He won't flop at Milan, that I am sure of.

And to me it sounds like he'll be coming to Milan. Cairo wants to secure a good deal for Torino, of course, but if Belotti has an agreement with us, then I think he'll push for this transfer in their meeting this week and eventually end up wearing red and black.
Given that I'm from the US, people like to think I know nothing about Football around the world. I've proved them wrong several times and I'll say that I love what the club has done with all the signings this summer. I know that most pundits think that all we need now is a Centre Forward and while that is very true, the guys we're linked with don't necessarily fit the mould that we need from a forward moving forward. Would getting an Aubamayang or a Bellotti help us right now? Maybe but Aubamayang is approaching 30 and Belotti may have just been a one season wonder. While Belotti may be young and he did have a great season this past season, it's hard to say whether or not he sustains it. If he doesn't sustain it it'll be another Jamie Vardy who has one great season then falls off the face of the earth. Im not saying that he's a bad player, I just think that he might not be the right choice for the club to succeed.
Quote:Marco Verratti is reportedly considering switching agents, from Donato Di Campli... to Mino Raiola! https://t.co/LHC2KYXTTd #PSG #MUFC #FCB https://t.co/CDWFu9Kerc

Why oh why...
(07-19-2017, 12:17 AM)USMilanFan Wrote: Given that I'm from the US, people like to think I know nothing about Football around the world. I've proved them wrong several times and I'll say that I love what the club has done with all the signings this summer. I know that most pundits think that all we need now is a Centre Forward and while that is very true, the guys we're linked with don't necessarily fit the mould that we need from a forward moving forward. Would getting an Aubamayang or a Bellotti help us right now? Maybe but Aubamayang is approaching 30 and Belotti may have just been a one season wonder. While Belotti may be young and he did have a great season this past season, it's hard to say whether or not he sustains it. If he doesn't sustain it it'll be another Jamie Vardy who has one great season then falls off the face of the earth. Im not saying that he's a bad player, I just think that he might not be the right choice for the club to succeed.

Firstly... Welcome...
and you're from the US so your opinion is invalid...... joking, just couldn't help myself...
I think a big name forward is half about the extra quality and half about making a statement... I still feel like I'd rather us spend the $$ on a huge name LW for a 4-3-3 or a Huge name CM. Part of that is feeling like Silva has the potential to be BIG and thinking that someone like Auba might limit his opportunity. If we do in fact move to a 2 man up front then that's less likely but still feel like a top midfielder would sure up our midfield. Of course a Verratti would sort out our midfield for many years...
(07-19-2017, 12:28 AM)porcho Wrote: Firstly... Welcome...
and you're from the US so your opinion is invalid...... joking, just couldn't help myself...
I think a big name forward is half about the extra quality and half about making a statement... I still feel like I'd rather us spend the $$ on a huge name LW for a 4-3-3 or a Huge name CM. Part of that is feeling like Silva has the potential to be BIG and thinking that someone like Auba might limit his opportunity. If we do in fact move to a 2 man up front then that's less likely but still feel like a top midfielder would sure up our midfield. Of course a Verratti would sort out our midfield for many years...

I think Kessie will eventually fix the Midfield problem the club has been going through once he's had a chance to grow and Develop. I would go so far to say that I'd prefer a Kasper Dolberg over Auba or Belotti. However, that doesn't mean Im shortsighted. What Milan needs is a Striker that is good on the ball but can also drift out wide depending on the situation. Almost like Mbappe or Gareth Bale(I say Bale here due to what he did for Spurs before going to spain.). Milan needs someone young who has the pace to put pressure on the Defence. Out of the Strikers Milan is linked with, Morata is my top pick but it's going to break the bank to get him.
Quote:Milan offered €60m+Paletta and Niang for Belotti but Torino president Cairo wants €70m [@MaxNerozzi]

After knowing that Milan have already reached an agreement with Belotti, Cairo now asks for €80m [@MaxNerozzi]
(07-19-2017, 12:37 AM)USMilanFan Wrote: I think Kessie will eventually fix the Midfield problem the club has been going through once he's had a chance to grow and Develop. I would go so far to say that I'd prefer a Kasper Dolberg over Auba or Belotti. However, that doesn't mean Im shortsighted. What Milan needs is a Striker that is good on the ball but can also drift out wide depending on the situation. Almost like Mbappe or Gareth Bale(I say Bale here due to what he did for Spurs before going to spain.). Milan needs someone young who has the pace to put pressure on the Defence. Out of the Strikers Milan is linked with, Morata is my top pick but it's going to break the bank to get him.

I think Andre Silva can make you happy.
(07-19-2017, 01:46 AM)Aficio Wrote: I think Andre Silva can make you happy.

Silva is an interesting signing, I'm quite curious to see where he fits into the squad. If Milan does get the striker they need, the last piece of the puzzle might be in place. After that the only thing they could possibly need is squad depth at this point. *Shrugs*